Old School save

underdog4

I just submitted the following old school save - I posted the d/l link at the bottom. It's in max format.

INFO:
Old School - WWWF 70's - 80's
I compiled and mixed a few different saves out there.

I tweaked some of the existing CAWS as well as added originals like Pedro Morales and a brand new Nick Bockwinkle.

BIG THANKS to Ryno236 as most of these are possible through his hard work!

NOTE: I've attempted to be as accurate as possible with credits, but it is compiled from different saves. Some were from Hackdog and others on Gamefaqs. I went back and forth from so many memory cards I started to lose track.

If there is an error - don't start a war :nono: , just let me know and we'll fix 8-)

Enjoy!

1. Bruiser Brody (ryno236)
2. Superstar Billy Graham (ryno236)
3. Sgt. Slaughter (?)
4. Larry Hennig (ryno236)
5. Iron Sheik (?)
6. Big John Studd (Darkhart1976 w/ tweak)
7. Ivan Koloff (Fal of Paridise)
8. Bob Orton (?)
9. Greg Valentine (quickynicky)
10 The Crusher (ryno236)
11. Bob Backlund (SK3-w tweaks by underdog4)
12. Dick the Bruiser (ryno236)
13. Bruno Sammartino (lucawsmade/appearance/underdog4-moves)
14. The Original Sheik (ryno236)
15. Jerry Blaackwell (ryno236)
16. Don Muraco (jp21671)
17. Pedro Morales (underdog)
18. Blackjack Lanza (quickynicky)
19. Fritz Von Erich (ryno236)
20. Jimmy Superfly Snuka (quickynicky)
21. Ernie Ladd (ryno236)
22. Baron Von Raschke (ryno236)
23. Killer Kawalski (ryno236)
24. Harley Race (ryno236)
25. Maurice "Mad Dog" Vachon (ryno236)
26. Blackjack Mulligan (quickynicky)
27. Pat Patterson (ryno236)
28. Nick Bockwinkle (underdog4)
29. Stan Hansen (ryno236)
30. Ivan Putski (ryno236)

I am always amazed at the CAWS put out there and how darn accurate they are. I usually can't do an accurate CAW for my life, but was able to use some templates and I think I pulled off a pretty good Pedro Morales and Nick Bockwinkle. The Bockwinkle used Ryno's original, but it's tweaked beyond recognition.

Big thanks to Ryno236 who's original AWA save was amazing!

If anybody further tweaks them to look better, let me know and we'll update the save! Also, if there are any old school buffs out there who can update the movesets for Bruno & Pedro - let me know. I did the best I could with what I've seen.

Here's the d/l:

[url="http://putstuff.putfile.com/59517/8827405"]http://putstuff.putfile.com/59517/8827405[/url]

Take care,

Udog4

• 2 months later...
[quote name='Undertaker Fan42' post='1994701' date='Jun 6 2007, 05:10 AM']Great Save To Bad No One Makes Saves For Smackdown Vs Raw 2006 Any More.[/quote]

Thanks man! Yeah - it's too bad there aren't more saves coming out for 06 - especially since I think it's a superior game to 07.

07 matches ended waaay too quickly and on low level moves.
You'd have a nice back and forth and then suddenly you're in the red and pinned by a slap?
Rarely if ever would that happen in 06 - much better back and forth.

Biggest gripe? - Nearly impossible to hit certain top rope finishers as the cpu will always get up.

The only trick I learned is if I want to hit an RVD Frog splash is to expose a turnbuckle and throw the cpu into it and then run at them, press square to leapfrog to the top and then hit l1 - it's the only way the cpu is down long enough to connect properly. All other times you hit them as they are getting up, etc . . .

That's just my small 06 rant for the day!

Archived