3 TNA Releases, TNA Gets Legal Letter, Backstage News

Trademark

[b]3 TNA Releases, TNA Gets Legal Letter, Backstage News[/b]
Credit: Wrestlezone.com

[quote][i]Norman Smiley was removed from the TNA website's roster page this past week. Smiley will still probably be used every now and then, but on a per appearance basis in an enhancement role.

One of the beauty pageant entities sent TNA a legal letter saying that they owned the rights to the name 'Miss Tennessee'. Due to that, Jacqueline Moore's name has since been changed to Jackie Moore, 'The Pride of Tennessee'.

As noted yesterday, The Diamonds in the Rough are no more. Elix Skipper and David Young were released from their TNA contracts last week. Neither had been used in some time. Simon Diamond, who managed the team, will be staying on with the company as an agent. TNA has also released A-1 (Alastair Ralphs), formerly of Team Canada, from his contract.

The Slammiversary 2007 PPV will be held on 6/17. Slammiversary will be the next TNA PPV held outside of Orlando, Florida after Lockdown. forums.wrestlezone.com is reporting that it looks like Nashville at the current time.

TNA will tape iMPACT! this Monday 2/26 at Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida.[/i][/quote]

[quote name='Mon The Biff!' post='1415215' date='Feb 26 2007, 07:21 PM'][quote name='chriskeene12' post='1415153' date='Feb 26 2007, 07:09 PM']some of those wrestlers could go to wwe[/quote]

Why does everyone say that when someone leaves a company..
[/quote]

I have an analegy, albeit a flimsy one but meh, I left Sainsbury's employment so I must automatically join Tesco, right? Wrong, so stop saying it about wrestlers.

[quote]I have an analegy, albeit a flimsy one but meh, I left Sainsbury's employment so I must automatically join Tesco, right? Wrong, so stop saying it about wrestlers.[/quote]

Professional wrestling is a whole different entity. A better analogy which would back up his statement (if only the employers were reversed) would be "I violated league rules and was kicked out of the NFL, I'm going to join the CFL", or for you non-Americans I envision the equivalent of being cut from a club like Chelsea or Man U to joining a club in a east European Slavic nation.

I find it ironic that had it been TNA getting a legal letter from the WWE (ie the Evil Empire) more people would have bitched and moaned.

[quote name='Krazy K' post='1415510' date='Feb 26 2007, 03:18 PM']sure people get mad at TNA when they get former WWE guys but would love to see WWE get the guys TNA relesed :annoy:...hipocrits[/quote]
dude you're so right about that like when Kurt Angle went to TNA so many people got angry but when Elix Skipper or A1 leaves they want them to come to WWE

How could they **** up Skipper that much. I thought they would have kept him forever after that cage walk, TNA pimped that out so much. THe man is truely giifted in the ring, I can't say I have heard him on the mic but his in ring skills alone should have kept him in TNA. With the WWE trying to rebuild the cruiserweight division it would be a good idea to sign Elix.

I can see the WWE signing A1 just because of his size, though I would never want to see him in the WWE.

AGAIN if any of these wrestlers come to WWE, does not mean they will be performin up to par like they did in TNA. Being limited to moves and with focuses and misusage of current wrestlers i am almost cerain that they will not have a good run in wwe. Thus being released in months or less.

[quote name='Martyn C.' post='1415324' date='Feb 26 2007, 07:43 PM'][quote name='Mon The Biff!' post='1415215' date='Feb 26 2007, 07:21 PM'][quote name='chriskeene12' post='1415153' date='Feb 26 2007, 07:09 PM']some of those wrestlers could go to wwe[/quote]

Why does everyone say that when someone leaves a company..
[/quote]

I have an analegy, albeit a flimsy one but meh, I left Sainsbury's employment so I must automatically join Tesco, right? Wrong, so stop saying it about wrestlers.
[/quote]

No you'd go work for another shop or re-train for another profession, but wrestlers are wrestlers and usually go wrestle somewhere else and if they want to make it bigger than TNA they go to WWE or languish in obscurity wrestling for indie promotions. And quite often McMahon buys out guys contracts to stop them wrestling for other promotions, thus keeping the little guys down cos they can't find decent talent.

[quote name='Û© SUЯGЄ Û©' post='1444293' date='Mar 4 2007, 02:00 PM']AGAIN if any of these wrestlers come to WWE, does not mean they will be performin up to par like they did in TNA. Being limited to moves and with focuses and misusage of current wrestlers i am almost cerain that they will not have a good run in wwe. Thus being released in months or less.[/quote]
At the same time TNA's roster is limited due to horrible booking. Guys in WWE might not be doing 450 splashes or Shooting Star Presses but I'd rather see them not do that then wear diapers and imitate Macho Man.

Archived