Mordecai moveset

Ravnos

Start with Batista's auto setting to get better grapples.

*unfortunately a lot of this is from matches/segments with smaller guys, but eh. Some of it is tossed in, some of it is OVW stuff, specifically in situations he didn't use in WWE*

Standard Actions
Ring in -- Vince McMahon
Ring out -- One Handstand Ringout
Taunts -- Hold Hands in Prayer 1 / Undertaker 4 (kneel to the Higher Power)/ Triple H 1 (pointing out sinners) / Orton 3 (taking in the glory of the Higher Power)
Fighting stance -- Big Show
Walking & Running are Normal

Standing
Strike attacks
Clothesline 2 / Jericho Toe Kick / Body Punch / Outlaw punches 1 / Polish Hammer 2 (charging club) / Elbow smash 2

Clean grapple
Body knee strike / Neckbreaker 17 / Scoop slam 5 / Arm wringer flip / Snapmare 2

Dirty grapple
Eye Poke 2 / Reverse atomic drop / Head Pound / Head is struck / Low blow 4

Submission grapple
Hammerlock / Hangman Chokehold 1 (The Burden) / Headlock 4 / Chin Lock / Bear Hug 2

<Category 1> Power <Moves 1> Power
Giant Push / Backbreaker 8 / Suplex 1 / Remember That / Choke Toss

<Category 2> Brawler <Moves 2> Brawler
Fury punch 4 / Choke 3 / Back Club / Mat Slam / Undertaker Knee Strike

<Category 3> Old School <Moves 3> Old School
Headbutt 1 / Sidebuster 2 / Scoop slam 5 / Neckbreaker 14 / Arm Wringer Flip

Grapple attack
Grapple body attack 1 / grapple body attack 2 / Grapple elbow strike 2

Grapple from Behind
Forearm smash / Lifting (The Offering) / Head Smasher / Elbow to Back of head 2 / Knee Breaker 2
Groggy grapple from behind
Sleeper hold 3 / Backbreaker 4 / Back suplex 6 / Full Nelson Slam 2 / Sidewalk Slam 3

Ground attacks
Undertaker Stomp / Elbow drop 4 / Elbow Drop 1

Ground grapple moves
Upper ground
Reverse chin lock 2 / Powerful Raise / Back chop 1
Lower ground
Elbow Drop Combo / Kick to Head / Single leg Crab 1

Corner attacks
Turnbuckle Clothesline 1 / Running shoulder attack 1 / Knee attack 1

Corner grapple moves
Corner choke / Knee Strike 3 / Clothesline 25 / Hangman Chokehold 2 / Kane Strikes

Lower corner grapple move: Foot choke 2

Corner grapple from Behind
Turnbuckle smash / Tie to Tree of Woe / Toss into Ring Post / Snake eyes / Forearm to Back

Rope - Groggy on Ropes
Throw to the Rope

Rope - Rebound attacks
Elbow attack 4 / Double axe handle 5 / Vaulting Body press 2

Rope - Diving out of Ring Attack
Baseball slide 1

Diving vs. Standing opponent
Diving spear / Diving Clothesline

Diving vs. downed opponent
Near elbow drop / Diving Elbow Drop / Diving elbow drop

Dash - attack
Clothesline 15 / Shoulder block 2

Dash - Running Grapple
Reverse Mat slam / Head pound

Dash - Rear Techniques
Bulldog 2 / Triple H Low Kick

Dash - Running Ground attack
Double axe handle 5 / Running leg Drop

Dash - Counter Attack
Back Body Drop 2 / Powerslam 2 / Free Fall Drop

Tag Team standing
---

Tag Team corner
---

Special - Finishers
Powerbomb 5 (The Crucifixion, just with the Razor taunt..) or Powerbomb 14 (The Crucifixion ... this one's a bit closer, but you wind up far away from the opponent)
Jawbreaker 2 (substitute the Sinner Shot)

Special - Favorites
Bear Hug 2
Free Fall Drop
Choke 3

Chair Finishers
I used Guillotine 2 and DDT 23

Combination Attack
Triple H Punches 2
Undertaker punches 1
Clothesline 3

*Notes*.
--Obviously this has some filler
--The Sinner Shot is a lifting version of Jawbreaker 2, with the arms locked instead of open.

That's something he definately would've needed to work to work on .. and probably would've gotten better at with time.

And .. it occured to me. Isn't there a powerbomb that looks partially like a crucifix bomb with a kneeling pin? That might work .. however, i don't completely remember much of the impact of his crucfix.

btw, ZhangJunyi .. love the movesets you've been doing.

I heard they might be signing Kevin Fertig back, since they're starting to sign bigger guys now that the "WWE Wellness Program" is going on and they're expecting their wrestlers to get smaller...Nice moveset, from what little we saw of Mordecai...

Thanks much folks. It's a tricky character to build up a fair set for, based on his short run. Had no choice really but to add fillers and track an OVW match, which wound up being a tag team match. I don't like fillers but there you have it.

& yes they may be bringing back Mordecai. It's been noted on Wikipedia already, about rumours that the WWE wants to bring in the Mordecai character again. This gimmick could easily work and get over, all it needs is more mic and segment time and decent build into a feud. Apparently he was to feud with Eddie, and of course Taker when he came in first. Man that could've been cool. He's improved in the ring some since then, and it's a kickass character, I do hope they bring him in. Just run promos again. Another tossed gimmick that could easily work. Kinda like O'Haire > The Devil's Advocate. Should've worked. I hope they use him now that he's back too.

I was really intrigued by Mordecai since I hadn't heard anything about him and then he just shows up at Judgement Day and demolished Scotty 2 Hotty with some nice looking power moves and the best finisher of all time the Razors Edge!. Unfortunately I don't htink he had 1 match on Smackdown but he cut this eery promo with candles and stuff around him and called Eddie a sinner and said he was coming for him...so it seemed that WWE planned to have him in an angle with the then champ but after his match at Great American Bash he was gone!!!

On Topic: That's a fine moveset but I would go with Powerbomb 14 over 5 because 5 has the crappy animation from Smackdown 2 while 14 is new to this game although tis true that they land too far forward.

Indeed. I prefer 14 as well.

Mordecai did have a match, and he cut a few promos actually. They were quite good. He wrestled Rey Mysterio on SD! (in a decent match) and Rey rolled out of the Crucifix and gave him a hurricanrana for the 3 count. Mordecai disappeared after that.

[quote name='Ravnos' post='123773' date='Apr 25 2006, 04:54 PM']Indeed. I prefer 14 as well.

Mordecai did have a match, and he cut a few promos actually. They were quite good. He wrestled Rey Mysterio on SD! (in a decent match) and Rey rolled out of the Crucifix and gave him a hurricanrana for the 3 count. Mordecai disappeared after that.[/quote]
yep than he disappeared for good but this gets a 8.5/10

[quote name='Ravnos' post='124656' date='Apr 26 2006, 07:02 AM']Thanks man.

He's actually still wrestling as "Mordekai" in another, small fed. Read about that just recently.[/quote]

AFAIK he calls himself now Seven and wrestles in the NWE :)

[url="http://www.nwewrestling.com/scheda_roster.php?codlang=2&cdpers=9"]http://www.nwewrestling.com/scheda_roster....lang=2&cdpers=9[/url]

Webi
Thank you so much for that info.
I lost track of him after he left OVW.
I have some of his matches on tape, from OVW as Seven, His matches against, Scotty, Hardcore Holly, Rey Mysterio and when he ran in and attacked the cruiserweights.
so i'm going to see if I can put a moveset together for him to fill in some blanks and not have so much filler.

[quote name='Nova*' post='143773' date='May 4 2006, 10:43 AM']Give him the Powerbomb that starts as a crucifix then slams thenm down into a pin, #9 I think.[/quote]

I know which one you're talking about .. it's not 9. 9 is the lifting sitout powerbomb .. you're talking about 7. Which Ravnos is right .. it doesn't quite fit.

[quote name='EvolutionIV' post='148345' date='May 6 2006, 09:49 AM']For Tag move give him the "Retribution" which he did with Tyson Tomko in OVW as DOS. Sidewalk Slam(Tomko)/Reverse Bulldog(Seven)[/quote]

See, the thing with the Sidewalk & Reverse DDT move in his set, is that it would be Mordecai performing ithe sidewalk slam. :fedup:

Archived