ELEVATION X MATCH
AJ Styles vs Rhino

X DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP
Chris Sabin vs Jerry Lynn

LAST RITES MATCH
Sting vs Abyss

Kurt Angle vs Scott Steiner[/b][/color]

[/center]

[quote name='The Gore' post='1400737' date='Feb 23 2007, 11:33 PM']Are the elevation X competetors still considered spoilers?[/quote]

Yes, TNA hasn't be seen on the UK TV yet so i would wait, incase you spoil it. But all i say is, i hope *** doesnt hurt himself on the elevation x. That would suck majorly.

^^^Lol its a random code so it wouldnt spoil it for anyone but anyway iMPACT has been aired in the UK so we all no its Rhino.

Here is the latest card then=
NWA World Heavyweight Championship: Christian Cage © vs. Samoa Joe
Elevation X: A.J. Styles vs. Rhino
Kurt Angle vs. Scott Steiner
TNA X Division Championship: Chris Sabin © vs. Jerry Lynn
Last Rites match: Sting vs. Abyss

I predict the following matches=
Austin Starr v Senshi
LAX V Team 3D (again)

• 2 weeks later...
Here is the updated and scheduled card for TNA Destination X tonight, March 11, live and only on Pay Per View from Orlando, Florida (+ plus my picks):

NWA World Heavyweight Championship Match
- Christian Cage © vs. Samoa Joe. WINNER= Samoa Joe

Elevation X Match
- AJ Styles vs. Rhino. WINNER= Rhino

X Division Championship - 2 out of 3 Falls Match
- Chris Sabin © vs. Jerry Lynn. WINNER= Jerry Lynn

Last Rites Match
- Sting vs. Abyss. WINNER= Sting

- Kurt Angle vs. Scott Steiner. WINNER= Kurt Angle

Ghetto Brawl
- NWA World Tag Team Champions LAX vs. Team 3D. WINNER= LAX

Double Bullrope Match
- Petey Williams & Gail Kim vs. James Storm & Jackie Moore. WINNER= James Storm & Jackie Moore

- Voodoo Kin Mafia vs. Christy Hemme’s Surprise Team. WINNER= Hemme's Surprise Team

Winner must use Cross Face Chicken Wing
- Austin Starr vs. Senshi. WINNER= Senshi

- Plus, TNA to debut new "Black & Blue Carpet" event during the 30 Minute Countdown Preshow.

I did not like it, the only thing I liked was the Joe/Christian match, the elevation x was alright, but was not my type of thing. The Last Rites Match was aweful.

The funny thing to me is the fact that TNA overuses gimmick match a heck of a whole lot, and the best mtach was one of only 2 normal 1 on 1 matches. They need too stop using so many damn gimmick matches an let the wrestlers just wrestle.

[quote name='DMC' post='1480119' date='Mar 12 2007, 05:22 AM']I did not like it, the only thing I liked was the Joe/Christian match, the elevation x was alright, but was not my type of thing. The Last Rites Match was aweful.

The funny thing to me is the fact that TNA overuses gimmick match a heck of a whole lot, and the best mtach was one of only 2 normal 1 on 1 matches. They need too stop using so many damn gimmick matches an let the wrestlers just wrestle.[/quote]
Well it's Russo's fault for that. He loves gimmick matches and is also a terrible writer so since they re-hired him a while back we've seen an overflow of this.

I have a question...[b]why was The Great Muta backstage? [/b]Remember the segment with Christian? I freaked out when I saw Muta but it's probably just an appearance. It'd be sweet if they hired him though.

Anyways my review of the ppv - (which was overall solid)

The Good -
Senshi vs Austin Starr.
Jerry Lynn vs Chris Sabin - Could have went/ended better but a solid match and a great appearance by Christopher Daniels.
LAX vs Team 3D - A very fun and enjoyable match but it was yet another street fight style match between these two (can't they do something else?) and the tag titles weren't on the line (why a big tag match at a ppv and not have them on the line?). I think it's time for 3D to win the tag titles and I don't mind if they continue to wrestle LAX some but wrestle other teams also and wrestle a more variety of match types. Still a very, very fun match I loved watching.

The Bad -
Last Rites - Sting vs Abyss (was nearly same thing as last months Prison Yard match except it was less amusing).
Gail Kim & Petey Williams vs Jackie & James Storm. Ok I don't get why they keep showing Chris Harris sneak attack Storm if they won't let them finally fight and also this was about the same tag match (and if I remmeber correct the same typical Storm/Jackie ending) so it was kind of dissapointing. Each of these are great wrestlers (Petey shines in the X-Division, Storm in the tag, Gail in the womens and Jackie is good also) but this feud and series of tag matches has been fairly dull.
Scott Steiner vs Kurt Angle - I like Angle (one of the true greats) but Steiner is dull and can't wrestle that well (anymore). The match was kind of short and had little going on and the ending was pretty lame.

The Ugly -
VKM vs Hearthrobs. I don't like VKM and I really hate Hearthrobs.

The Great -
Samoa Joe vs Christian Cage - this match had me standing on the edge of my seat wondering what would happen and it had some very solid ring work by both men. One of the best TNA matches I've seen all year so far and one of the most important (so far) for Joe's career.
Elevation X - Not a lot of "Wrestling" occured but it was a very enjoyable match with a lot of suspense and a good work by Rhino and Styles.

Overall ppv rating - 3.5/5. I enjoyed myself and Joe vs Christian was pretty great.
3 good matches, 2 great ones. The rest was pretty bad. TNA still (in my opinion) puts on ppv far better than WWE does. Over the last year the WWE ppv's I've watched have given maybe 3 good matches/2 great matches TOTAL. But TNA usually does so each ppv. I like WWE guys a lot (infact Benoit is my favorite and guys like HBK, RVD, Undertaker, etc are some who I love to watch) but the management has been very poor for WWE in the last few years.

[quote name='Mary' post='1492105' date='Mar 15 2007, 11:43 AM']I really hate the idea of elevation x since its just another Owen Hart waiting to happen.[/quote]

1. There have been many scaffold matches in the history of wrestling, a lot of them higher than Elevation X, and no one has ever been killed.
2. The Owen Hart fall was higher than Elevation X.

[quote name='Mary' post='1492105' date='Mar 15 2007, 06:43 AM']I really hate the idea of elevation x since its just another Owen Hart waiting to happen.[/quote]
no owen fell from way higher. and this tread can be closed now.

Archived