The 08 Season

Seth Cross

This is what I think Season Mode should really do:

Pay. Attention.

I forget which game it was, but before SD!vsR came out, they used to give you a match card of 3 or more matches. Then, if your match was later in the card, you could interfere or watch the other matches.

If I interfered in a match, nothing ever happened because of it. Uh. Yeah, that'd happen in the WWE. If I were to run down to the ring, kick Rhyno in the balls and cost him the Hardcore championship (just an example) I think the next night, or later in my match, he'd come down with a freakin' evil-as-all-hell expression on his face and Gore me into next week. And then the following week, someone would get an interview (probably me) asking why I did what I did.

Never happens like that in a game. The game needs to pay attention to what you do, both behind the scenes and in the ring.

Beat someone with an illegal pin? They're gonna want a rematch, damned soon and maybe even No-DQ or something to get their revenge.

Have rivalries start randomly with people who you screw over. Have people randomly screw you over.

ALSO! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! LET ME GO AFTER SOME KIND OF TITLE OTHER THAN JUST THE WWE HEAVYWEIGHT OR WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT!

Yeah, they're amazing titles. But when I'm playing as Jeff Hardy, getting the Heavyweight title seems odd.

Also, in 07 I could play as Rey Mysterio and get the World Heavyweight title, but if you play as ANYONE else, there's a storyline where Rey has to fight tooth and nail just for a shot because he's a cruiserweight? The hell? Either stick to the divisions or screw 'em. There was a game, once upon a time, where they actually had Division Contender lists. You had to FIGHT your way to a title shot, not just get it in a story line.

But. All of this is probably asking too much. :(

We should also choose for what belt we should compete, besides only World Heavyweight and WWE Champ, they must put also the tag team belts, the US belt, the Intercontinental belt, the cruiser belt and the ecw world belt. Because imagine if the next game have Jeff Hardy. When I make the season with Jeff I want to get the Intercontinental instead of the WWE belt.

But to win those different belts on the season we should pass some objectives, imagine:

To get a oportunity for the Cruiserweight Title/Women's Champ, your character must be a cruiserweight/diva and win at least two times again the current cruiser/women's champ on a non-title match.

To get a oportunity for any of the tag team champ, we should create a friendship with someone of the roster of some storyline my afect to decide who will be your partner on the tag team.

To get a oportunity for the Intercontinental/US Champ you must have at least a title won on your historial (new feature, historial of your seasons career) or be on the TOP 10 of the Power 25 (new feature for Season mode)

To get a oportunity for the World Heavyweight Champion, WWE Champion or the ECW World Champion you must have at least 5 titles won on your historial or 3 straight weeks on the TOP 3 on the Power 25

For tag teams, you should be able to run around the backstage area. Instead of maybe one or two people in the back, well... Have a few people. In random areas. You can talk to anyone and say good or bad things. You say enough bad things, maybe they slug you in the face. Maybe they challenge you to a match next week. You say enough good things, maybe they help you out in a match. Maybe they just ask if you wanna tag team up against some people. Etc. etc.

The game should be interactive, but I don't know if that'll be possible. Things like that take programming and space. Though, if the game comes out on the PS3, that version shouldn't have any problems with that, seeing as the PS3 is a damned computer, practically ^.^

Iunno about if it's gonna come out for the PS2... I know it's supposed to, as of now, but maybe THQ will change that in the future. I don't know how much space 360/Wii games are capable of...

Ah well. Hopefully they'll do something worth a damn.

I wish I could help design the game sometimes :D Mostly, people like my ideas. (Maybe I should post some ideas about the GM Mode...)

[quote name='Seth Cross' post='1348890' date='Feb 13 2007, 02:45 PM']This is what I think Season Mode should really do:

Pay. Attention.

I forget which game it was, but before SD!vsR came out, they used to give you a match card of 3 or more matches. Then, if your match was later in the card, you could interfere or watch the other matches.

If I interfered in a match, nothing ever happened because of it. Uh. Yeah, that'd happen in the WWE. If I were to run down to the ring, kick Rhyno in the balls and cost him the Hardcore championship (just an example) I think the next night, or later in my match, he'd come down with a freakin' evil-as-all-hell expression on his face and Gore me into next week. And then the following week, someone would get an interview (probably me) asking why I did what I did.

Never happens like that in a game. The game needs to pay attention to what you do, both behind the scenes and in the ring.

Beat someone with an illegal pin? They're gonna want a rematch, damned soon and maybe even No-DQ or something to get their revenge.

Have rivalries start randomly with people who you screw over. Have people randomly screw you over.

ALSO! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! LET ME GO AFTER SOME KIND OF TITLE OTHER THAN JUST THE WWE HEAVYWEIGHT OR WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT!

Yeah, they're amazing titles. But when I'm playing as Jeff Hardy, getting the Heavyweight title seems odd.

Also, in 07 I could play as Rey Mysterio and get the World Heavyweight title, but if you play as ANYONE else, there's a storyline where Rey has to fight tooth and nail just for a shot because he's a cruiserweight? The hell? Either stick to the divisions or screw 'em. There was a game, once upon a time, where they actually had Division Contender lists. You had to FIGHT your way to a title shot, not just get it in a story line.

But. All of this is probably asking too much. :([/quote]
yo dose ideas are fantastic

all i want is character specific storylines for every character including the one you are playing as (i thought that was gonna be in 06) you wouldn't see undertaker doing something like teaming up with rey or running away from jbl (have you noticed jbl is a superheavyweight but batista or snitsky or lashley aren't i mean wtf)

They would only be able to code up to a certain point. EVENTUALLY, you'd reach an end and have to start over if it was character specifics. If the game reacts to what you do, the game can only ever be different if you do everything exactly the same. AND the game COULD have a couple of different reactions to certain things.

Interfere in a match? Maybe you get beat up later. Maybe you get involved in a triple thread because the guy who won didn't want your help. Maybe they team up, beat the crap out of you and go back to beating the crap out of one another.

A reactive game is the only way to create a game that will always be different. Having character-specifics storylines will only limit you.

No, it's not. Because you'd have to do the same thing with the same person every single season. There's no room or choice to do much of anything else. Even if they offer choices in each storyline, there's still more limitation than just "Hey, do what you want and I'll react to it!"

[quote name='Seth Cross' post='1358466' date='Feb 15 2007, 09:13 PM']No, it's not. Because you'd have to do the same thing with the same person every single season. There's no room or choice to do much of anything else. Even if they offer choices in each storyline, there's still more limitation than just "Hey, do what you want and I'll react to it!"[/quote]

i ment what i sed but each year it would change so it was like them in real life

[quote name='dj-sprat' post='1358474' date='Feb 15 2007, 04:15 PM'][quote name='Seth Cross' post='1358466' date='Feb 15 2007, 09:13 PM']No, it's not. Because you'd have to do the same thing with the same person every single season. There's no room or choice to do much of anything else. Even if they offer choices in each storyline, there's still more limitation than just "Hey, do what you want and I'll react to it!"[/quote]

i ment what i sed but each year it would change so it was like them in real life
[/quote]

I just said this, a few posts ago...

THEY CAN'T MAKE SO MANY STORYLINES FOR ALL THE WRESTLERS!

Eventually, they'd run out of space to code more storylines. You'd only get MAYBE 3 or 4 years for each person. Then you'd do it. Again. The same thing.

IF the game REACTS to what YOU do, YOU can do different things and EVERY YEAR WOULD BE DIFFERENT, BECAUSE OF WHAT YOU DO!

... It's really not that complicated, is it?

It be cool if not only the season mode is like shut your mouth but lets say when you walk to the stage about to have your match theres a interviewer like todd grisham that calls after you and ask for your thoughts of heading into the match. Then like hbk did one time he just superkicked him, like you can choose to reply to him or just like knock him out with your finisher. And backstage when your fueding with some one you can actually hang out in the locker room and on the tv in there you can watch your opponent's match. Also when your fueding some one and you see your opponent in front of you you can attack him from behind and start beating him up and use like things around you as weapons, like vending machines. Also when somebody you don't like is talking in the ring you can go out to the ring and your entrance music, and possibly if they have tunnel videos, they automatically start playing. Then when you reach the ring and get a mic you can choose what you want to say to that guy and then like if after you said a couple of things you can just beat him up.

i think u should be able to choose waht championship u want or do the same thing in gm mde wen i say dat i meen in gm mode u get to choose writers who make up a storyline like 1 for example in 07 one story line was da undisputed championship u should be able to choose that storyline in the season mode if kno wat im sayin

Eh. Scripted storylines are the prison. You should be able to get a girlfriend by finding and talking to the diva ya want. Or a manager, whatever you decide IN the storyline (refusing to go out to dinner with the girl, etc. etc.)

I dislike scripted storylines, under all circumstances. While they are cool to play through because they can be surprising, they are a cage for games like this. Leaving open ends allows so many possibilities, why would you want to limit yourself to ONLY whatever the game has programmed? It makes no sense to me.

they should bring back the superstar point's they had in SYM and HCTP so you can't go for a title for anyone exept for people that you have a bigger Superstar rating than and when te re recordingthe voices beacese they have to it for everone in the game make it uniqe for them when playing through the sesason insted of just reading off a script e.g when playingthe season mode with king booker he will speak about his royal kingdom anwhen your doing theseasn with te rock you will cut the kind of promos that e rock used to make ages ago the only problem wih this idea is season with lashley would be BORING zzzzzzZZZZZZ

Archived