Graphics or Roster?

Hitman_Hart

[b]One of the major concerns in games would have to be the roster. We also look into the roster in each game – we want to see who is in it; our favorite superstars, etc. and who make up the under card. Is it updated and accurate? However, another concern is definitely the graphics. As good as they might be in the year prior, it leaves a bad taste in your mouth, if the graphics are not updated or looking good at all. Imagine playing SVR with HCTP graphics – it would look too similar to HCTP.

So in the end of it all, with both concerns in mind, which do you believe is most important when it comes down to the SmackDown games? The roster or graphics? You may only choose one, and back up one case – don’t say a mixture.[/b]

I'm going to say Graphics over Roster. Yes, a roster may be important but that's what Create-A-Wrestler (CAW) is all about. If you go back to the first Smackdown! game for the Playstation the graphics were not so good... Graphics ARE the game. Look at games like Grand Theft Auto or Final Fantasy which have advanced over the years of it's first release graphic wise. That's what I think, but everyone is entitled to their own opinions. :)

I'd rather have a more complete roster, as long as the graphics are better than the previous installment, I'm fine with it. But more important to both for me would be gameplay. For example, Fire Pro Wrestling is horrible in the graphics department, but the fact that it has about every move EVER, and every promotion and wrestler (misnomered of course) in it, along with solid gameplay, makes me like it as much as SvR 2006.

• 3 months later...
[quote name='Pedro_PBR' post='390397' date='Jul 23 2006, 09:20 PM']i care more about the roster[/quote]

[size=5]Me too.... because once you've got all of that... you will soon get titred of looking at the hot graphics of the entrance and so on.... but now you don't have an updated roster of wrestlers...and usually not updated wrestlers means not much wrestlers to choose from.... SVR is a perfect example.... of improved graphics but thee worst roster.... :annoy[/size]:

[quote name='Twigglified' post='98306' date='Apr 14 2006, 06:53 PM']I'm going to say Graphics over Roster. Yes, a roster may be important but that's what Create-A-Wrestler (CAW) is all about. If you go back to the first Smackdown! game for the Playstation the graphics were not so good... Graphics ARE the game. Look at games like Grand Theft Auto or Final Fantasy which have advanced over the years of it's first release graphic wise. That's what I think, but everyone is entitled to their own opinions. :)[/quote]

I Agree. :) But both are very important imo.

Archived