Countering system

XtremeTony

The current countering system needs change. It's been the same since HCTP.
We need to revemp the counter system.
There should be at least 2 different counters per move by using the 2 different counter bottons.

Example1: A Bear hug can be countered with an ear clap, or small package.
Example2: A Powerbomb can counter with a DDT, Hurrcaraana or Eye poke.
Example3: A punch can be countered by another Punch, an arm drag, hip toss, armbar & Clothesline.

Take into consideration that each button is assigned a specific function, and seeing as the next gen consoles that are more than likely to support the game(360 and PS3) and their controllers haven't changed much, there may not be much room to assign a button to do a certain counter. Think about it, the only buttons that anyone uses for countering are the shoulder buttons, and only the rear two are used. The front two are used for something like grapples or finishing moves. The reversals could be incorporated into the Create-A-Moveset. Where moves like punches, kicks, powerbombs, etc. can be assigned specific reversals, just not every move, maybe just the complex moves. The animation for a toe kick reversal could stay the same for example. The reversals should also vary among weight classes, what are the odds of a 420 pound man reversing a powerbomb into a DDT?

Get what I'm saying?

[quote name='۩Kenshi۩' post='1278607' date='Jan 29 2007, 07:54 PM']Take into consideration that each button is assigned a specific function, and seeing as the next gen consoles that are more than likely to support the game(360 and PS3) and their controllers haven't changed much, there may not be much room to assign a button to do a certain counter. Think about it, the only buttons that anyone uses for countering are the shoulder buttons, and only the rear two are used. The front two are used for something like grapples or finishing moves. The reversals could be incorporated into the Create-A-Moveset. Where moves like punches, kicks, powerbombs, etc. can be assigned specific reversals, just not every move, maybe just the complex moves. The animation for a toe kick reversal could stay the same for example. The reversals should also vary among weight classes, what are the odds of a 420 pound man reversing a powerbomb into a DDT?

Get what I'm saying?[/quote]

I know what you're saying. That's why its should be based on weight class like the moveset categories. the Giants won't be able to use the light weight counters.
The heavier wrestler would counter a powerbomb with a backdrop before the powerbomb is ever attempted.
more opinions are appreciated to breakdown this complicated issue.

they should also put other ways on how to reverse finishers like say when you give the f5 to a guy your guy should be able to reverse it the way eddie guerrero (r.i.p.) reversed it by turning it into a tornado ddt. Or if taker like gives orton a chokeslam orton should be able 2 counter it in 2 a rko.

[quote name='ironkakick' post='1284402' date='Jan 31 2007, 11:10 AM']what about diving moves, do you want to be able to catch someone doing a crossbody for example in to the rko? he did something like that to carlito once, just kinda wonderin if you'd like to see that sort of thing incorporated into the counter system as well.[/quote]
[quote name='Shawn Damian' post='1284888' date='Jan 31 2007, 01:12 PM']Yes the counter system has to be changed. DOR 1 and 2 had reversal styles and the Smackdown series needs them. I find it hard to believe Big Show can do a backflip to counter a German Suplex.[/quote]
I agree with both of ya, but I wanna wait for more input before I post a full list of moves, and possible counters

yea, i agree with ironkakick and shawn damian there needs to be counters for diving moves and more realistic ways of countering. Like if you have a stored finisher you can use it when a guy is diving on to you. Like when a couple times lesnar counter the diving moves from rvd and orton and turned them into an f5. Or when carlito was diving on 2 orton but orton turned it into a rko. Most finishers like that can be a counter to a diving move like big show's chokeslam when a guy is diving on to him he can catch them by the neck and chokeslam them.

• 2 weeks later...
or when Brock just spon the rock around going to hit the f-5 and the rock counter with a ddt

or like when some one goes to kick Angle and he would counter with a angle lock

or when cena was doing the "you can't see me" taunt beforew he was going to do the five knuckle shuffle and taker just grabed cena by the throat got up and chokeslamed him

or when mysterio when to hit the west cost pop on taker and taker counter with the last ride

or if someone is doing some kind of standing diving move you should be able to counter grapple with, the chokeslam, powerbomb, last call, back breaker, ect

point black we need more counters period

Archived