Should Christian Cage really be champ?

TN./Kennedy

As much as Angle Christian and Sting are good, i really think TNA needs to starting giving the title to their own creations, seems like the title is on either Jeff Jarret, or a former WCW or WWE/WWF wrestler, in the long run it will only hurt them. IMO

[quote name='decoy1983' post='1275015' date='Jan 29 2007, 03:48 PM']As much as Angle Christian and Sting are good, i really think TNA needs to starting giving the title to their own creations, seems like the title is on either Jeff Jarret, or a former WCW or WWE/WWF wrestler, in the long run it will only hurt them. IMO[/quote]

after angle beats cage joe will be after it and abyss had it before cage

[quote name='decoy1983' post='1275015' date='Jan 29 2007, 03:48 PM']As much as Angle Christian and Sting are good, i really think TNA needs to starting giving the title to their own creations, seems like the title is on either Jeff Jarret, or a former WCW or WWE/WWF wrestler, in the long run it will only hurt them. IMO[/quote]

What difference does it make if one guy used to work for another major company and one guy didn't?

[quote name='Kozzixx' post='1275485' date='Jan 29 2007, 06:31 PM']As long as that fat ass Samoa Joe doesn't have it, i'm happy.[/quote]

Samoa Joe deserves the NWA Title, he's a great wrestler.

[quote name='AT67' post='1275997' date='Jan 29 2007, 08:22 PM'][quote name='decoy1983' post='1275015' date='Jan 29 2007, 03:48 PM']As much as Angle Christian and Sting are good, i really think TNA needs to starting giving the title to their own creations, seems like the title is on either Jeff Jarret, or a former WCW or WWE/WWF wrestler, in the long run it will only hurt them. IMO[/quote]

What difference does it make if one guy used to work for another major company and one guy didn't?

[quote name='Kozzixx' post='1275485' date='Jan 29 2007, 06:31 PM']As long as that fat ass Samoa Joe doesn't have it, i'm happy.[/quote]

Samoa Joe deserves the NWA Title, he's a great wrestler.
[/quote]
agreed. i find it kinda dumb that he hasn't been NWA champ yet.

[quote name='J.T Mac' post='1275475' date='Jan 29 2007, 06:28 PM']I've always liked Christian and it's nice to see him as champ. But he's gotten really dull since going to TNA in my opinion.

Also, I hope Angle isn't given the belt, he's a great wrestler but other talented guys should be given the time to shine.[/quote]

i agree, he was like better in WWE and also in better shape, not he is like really skinny and not even funny anymore

Did it hurt WWE to have Chris Benoit, Chris Jericho, Eddie Guerrero, STEVE AUSTIN, Ric Flair or Sg Slaughter as workd champions? because they were all names establised in the other companies. Can we give up the lame attack of TNA using former WWE guys because WWE has used WAY more former wCw and ECW talent. I think I'm gonna have to end up putting it into my sig as a constand reminder to the obviously forgetful ones.

[quote name='CaptainHowdy187' post='1282853' date='Jan 30 2007, 11:16 PM'][quote name='decoy1983' post='1275015' date='Jan 29 2007, 03:48 PM']As much as Angle Christian and Sting are good, i really think TNA needs to starting giving the title to their own creations, seems like the title is on either Jeff Jarret, or a former WCW or WWE/WWF wrestler, in the long run it will only hurt them. IMO[/quote]

Did it hurt WWE to have Chris Benoit, Chris Jericho, Eddie Guerrero, STEVE AUSTIN, Ric Flair or Sg Slaughter as workd champions? because they were all names establised in the other companies. Can we give up the lame attack of TNA using former WWE guys because WWE has used WAY more former wCw and ECW talent. I think I'm gonna have to end up putting it into my sig as a constand reminder to the obviously forgetful ones.
[/quote]

Yeah, the only difference is that the champs that WWE have used from other companies didn't get the title within 1-3 months of being in the new company except for Flair(I think). There is a bit of a difference there. And at the same time, WWE pushed their own talent.

[quote name='Duke57' post='1282863' date='Jan 31 2007, 05:22 AM'][quote name='CaptainHowdy187' post='1282853' date='Jan 30 2007, 11:16 PM'][quote name='decoy1983' post='1275015' date='Jan 29 2007, 03:48 PM']As much as Angle Christian and Sting are good, i really think TNA needs to starting giving the title to their own creations, seems like the title is on either Jeff Jarret, or a former WCW or WWE/WWF wrestler, in the long run it will only hurt them. IMO[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah, the only difference is that the champs that WWE have used from other companies didn't get the title within 1-3 months of being in the new company except for Flair(I think). There is a bit of a difference there. And at the same time, WWE pushed their own talent.
[/quote]

Circumstances are different, TNA does push plenty of it's own guys but being upstart and unrecognised TNA needs to get the attention of more main-stream fans first by having champions they'll recognise to get them interested and once they're interested then they can get a taste of all TNAs originals aswell, within a year and a half I'm positive that we'll have seen the title on Joe and maybe AJ and Alex Shelley.

[quote name='CaptainHowdy187' post='1282892' date='Jan 30 2007, 11:36 PM'][quote name='Duke57' post='1282863' date='Jan 31 2007, 05:22 AM'][quote name='CaptainHowdy187' post='1282853' date='Jan 30 2007, 11:16 PM'][quote name='decoy1983' post='1275015' date='Jan 29 2007, 03:48 PM']As much as Angle Christian and Sting are good, i really think TNA needs to starting giving the title to their own creations, seems like the title is on either Jeff Jarret, or a former WCW or WWE/WWF wrestler, in the long run it will only hurt them. IMO[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Circumstances are different, TNA does push plenty of it's own guys but being upstart and unrecognised TNA needs to get the attention of more main-stream fans first by having champions they'll recognise to get them interested and once they're interested then they can get a taste of all TNAs originals aswell, within a year and a half I'm positive that we'll have seen the title on Joe and maybe AJ and Alex Shelley.
[/quote]

While TNA is an upstart company, you can hardly say they push their own talent unless it is in the X-Division. Giving the title to Cage did nothing to add interest in TNA. Not even the addition of Kurt Angle did all that much. In regards to the main event picture TNA doesn't push it own talent, and when they do they push them aside when another WWE superstar signs to TNA.

Archived