Abyss

Alex5

Bad Storyline Idea?  

1. 1. Is Abyss' secret storyline bad?

Every time I see something involved with Abyss "dark secret" I wonder if the storyline is such a good idea. I mean it can get confusing at times and kinda corny. What the hell does it have to do with wrestling? I ask myself. You decide if Abyss secret stroyline is good or bad.

It's passable. Not exactly good, but not really bad. When you see a guy that looks like Abyss, you already know some kind of storyline that doesn't fit wrestling is involved. It suits him as a character, which is all it has to do.

Haven't been a big fan of it to be honest...it's just so put-on and fake that at sometimes I can barely watch it. I've seen worse storylines, but it's still pretty poor. Reminds me of the "Darkside Wrestling" era in the WWF with the ministry.

i didn't think it was a bad idea at first, but after they revealed it, i found it to be stupid.

The secret is that:

[u]» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «[/u]
(highlight for spolier)

I also would like to add, that if you shoot someone three times in the back, your not gonna have much time to wrestle. Your kinda gonna be in jail. In any case, it was so fake that it is just stupid. Even a small three year old could tell, "oh this proves everything they do is fake".

I don't like the storyline. It was started by Christian to screw with Abyss for the title and then Sting has to find out what it was just to go on some "Crusade" to get Abyss to be more "human." When Sting revealed the secret it was kinda lame but as Soon as James Mitchell tries to burn Sting's face from 10 feet away, I think this storyline's lost all credibility.

I agree with people saying the part about shooting his father in the back is stupid, because it is. That doesn't make you a monster. I disfigurement story would be uber awesome just because those are always awesome.

And as far is it not being "wrestling", you couldn't be more wrong. Wrestling is based on gimicks and the like.

[quote name='Raven_Rules_2021' post='1276210' date='Jan 29 2007, 02:55 PM']I also would like to add, that if you shoot someone three times in the back, your not gonna have much time to wrestle. Your kinda gonna be in jail. In any case, it was so fake that it is just stupid. Even a small three year old could tell, "oh this proves everything they do is fake".[/quote]
Nobody in their right mind thinks like that when they're watching wrestling or they're thinking too hard.

Abyss shot his dad and put his dad in a coma. That's the storyline. It doesn't have to mean the character went insane because of that. Did anyone ever think the character was supposed have been going insane already and decided to shoot daddy?

Besides it's just a storyline. At least we didn't see anyone hump a corpse or Abyss take his mask off.

Archived