GM Mode:Looking into the future

Hitman_Hart

[b][u]GM Mode[/u][/b]
[img]http://ps2media.ign.com/ps2/image/article/662/662051/wwe-smackdown-vs-raw-2006-20051027061313374.jpg[/img]

GM mode was a new addition in Smackdown vs Raw 2006 and one that exceeded all of our expectations. It was very fun and kept gamers playing the game long after they had finished every other mode. It was a mode that nearly everyone liked, and I was one of them. It gave us more options than season, and immediately there were suggestions that id GM mode was revamped it could overtake season and the best mode in the Smackdown series.

[b][u]Did I like it?[/u][/b]

As I stated before, yes I did like it. It was far better than I thought as it allowed us to make matches, cut promos, interfere with the other show, negotiate contracts, receive emails and win trophies. Overall it was very fun and has great potential. Season mode was very poor so this added to the amount of use GM mode got. It gave the gamer the control over his show and the ability to give title to whomever he wants, so it was very popular.

[b][u]Good Features[/u][/b]

For a mode to be successful it must have good features. GM mode had plenty.

*We had the option of having the default roster or drafting superstars.
*Superstars change show if not used properly
*Contract negotiations
*Many match types
And much, much more

[img]http://ps2media.ign.com/ps2/image/article/662/662051/wwe-smackdown-vs-raw-2006-20051027061307953.jpg[/img]

[img]http://ps2media.ign.com/ps2/image/article/662/662051/wwe-smackdown-vs-raw-2006-20051027061309218.jpg[/img]

[b][u]Bad Features[/u][/b]

Of coarse there were many bad feature too.
*No cutscenes at all
*Not enough options
*Superstars complain too often for small reasons
*More promo options
*Injuries happen to easily
*No choice of who wins the match (you had to play the match)

As you can see while it was good, if it is improved in Smackdown vs Raw 2007 it can become great and surpass season as the best mode. Here are some improvements.

[b][u]Improvements[/u][/b]

[u][b]Cut scenes[/b][/u]
Cut scenes are needed in Smackdown vs Raw 2007. Without them you lose interest in GM mode. We should of coarse have text-based cutscenes for GM mode, as Voiceovers would be too had to add and would ruin other features. Instead of having to read about superstar’s problems and contract negotiations we should have cutscenes. Promos should also be cutscenes. I will go into how promos can be improved more later o. If we had cutscenes for things like this it would greatly improve the realism and make it way more fun.

[u][b]Title history[/b][/u]I think this would be a great addition to GM mode. It should not just be for the exhibition titles like it is at the moment, but for GM mode as well. This would be a good way of keeping track of who has had so many title reigns. If you give a superstar too many title reigns they will start to be booed and you will lose ratings. Same goes for superstars who don’t get enough title reigns. This would be a nice bonus.

[img]http://media.ign.com/thumb/129/1295879/wwe-smackdown-vs-raw-2006-20051027061312874_thumb.jpg[/img]

[u][b]Changing the Promo’s[/b][/u]
As I said before, first promos should be changed to text based cutscenes. We should have more promo options such as champion celebrating title belt, calling other superstars out, match requests, angry at GM and many more. We should also have the option of sending a superstar out during the cut scene. This would be very cool to watch and would add to the realism greatly.

[u][b]Less common injuries[/b][/u]
Injuries are very rare in the WWE yet in GM mode they happen nearly every week. It is just so annoying when 5 or 6 of your main eveners are sitting on the sideline while Scotty 2 Hotty is forced to hold the championship. The fatigue bar should take along time to fill up, possibly years. The only exception is if superstars with constant injuries troubles to a certain body part (for example Benoit’s neck). If Benoit takes a serious blow to the neck in a match he should be sidelined. His would add to the realism greatly and stop the frustration of having so many superstars injured at the same time.

[u][b]Giving the gamers control over the finish of a match.[/b][/u]
This is GM mode, not season, so we shouldn’t have to wrestle matches to get the outcome we want. We should have the option of not just who wins the match, but how. We should have some options like this:
Lets just say it’s Shelton vs Triple H.
Shelton wins by DQ
Shelton wins by submission
Shelton wins by pinfall
Shelton wins by finisher
Shelton wins by dirty move
Shelton wins by count out
Double count out
Triple H wins by count out
Triple H wins by dirty move
Triple H wins by finisher
Triple H wins by submission
Triple H wins by DQ
Triple H wins by pinfall
As you can see this gives us complete control over the result of matches. The result can lead to the next match type, eg. A submission victory could lead to a submission only match or a dirty move could lead to a heel turn.

[u][b]Choice in Interference promotion[/b][/u]
We should be able to choose what match we interfere in. This could lead to cross brand rivalries. This happens a lot in the WWE so it should happen in GM mode.

[b][u]Multiple rivalries[/u][/b]
In Smackdown vs Raw we were only given the option of one on one rivalries. This really is unrealistic because so often in the WWE we see rivalries involving a number of superstars. Some rivalries that should be included are:

Triple threat rivalries- Such as Orton, Mysterio, and Angle. This would be really fun to have and would add to the realism.

Tag team rivalries- MNM vs Animal and Heindenreich. This happens a lot and needs to be included in the game. I do not think triple thread tag team rivalries are needed at this stage.

Stable rivalries- This just gives us lets say 4 on 5 rivalries instead of just 2 on 2. For example you could have the whole hart foundation feud with DX.

[b][u]Create a GM[/u][/b]
A nice bonus would be the ability to create a GM. Everything from personality to clothes. This is not needed but would be a nice bonus

[b][u]Create a brand[/u][/b]
This would be the ultimate in customisation. You get to create a name for your show, logo, superstars and everything. Since there are not enough superstars to have three separate brands you would have to verse either Smackdown or Raw, not both. This would be great fun and would keep us playing for way longer than before. It would greatly improve the replay value.

[b][u]Adding tournaments[/u][/b]
I was annoyed when I found out this wasn’t an option in the current GM mode. This would be a fairly simple addition and is fairly self-explanatory. We should be able to select the amount of superstars in it and how the tournament works. It would be really fun to have this option.

[b][u]Number 1 contender matches[/u][/b]
We should also have number 1 contender matches included. It happens all the time in the WWE so why not in the game? It would be simple enough to add and would add to the realism.

[b][u]Power 25 [/u] [/b]
This is a very good idea for GM mode. There should be a list of the top 25 superstars from the past week/month. This would be really cool IMO. It would give us an idea of the main eveners, mid carders and would just be really fun. It would also be a competition between the two brands and could give the superstars a morale boost.

[b][u]Rankings[/u][/b]
Another idea I used for Create an Entrance that could easily be implemented into create a PPV. It could rank top matches and top PPV’s. This could also be extended to a list of the contenders for titles. You can choose say the top 5 contenders for each title. This would be a great feature and would add the fun of GM mode.

[b][u]Conclusion-Looking towards the future[/u][/b]

As you can see there is a lot of potential for GM mode. It has the potential to be the future of the Smackdown games. Season will always be repetitive. GM mode however can be improved to the extent you never get tired of it. That is why it is so popular and that is why it is a success. With my improvements GM mode will be the best mode ever seen in the Smackdown series.

[img]http://ps2media.ign.com/ps2/image/article/662/662051/wwe-smackdown-vs-raw-2006-20051027061309609.jpg[/img]

Guest Guest
what about allowing heel and face turns, that can really boost people popularity and increase ratings just think your top face superstar say shawn micheals turns heel that would give Gm Mode the kick because in the onw we have now there is nothing to do with face or heel.

Guest Guest
Being the manager of ECW would be awsome those guys never get injuries that sideline them (sabu got in hospital for 91 days and still wrestled and they said he couldnt lol)

• 5 months later...
[quote name='Hitman_Hart' post='97088' date='Apr 14 2006, 12:15 AM'][b][u]GM Mode[/u][/b]
[img]http://ps2media.ign.com/ps2/image/article/662/662051/wwe-smackdown-vs-raw-2006-20051027061313374.jpg[/img]

GM mode was a new addition in Smackdown vs Raw 2006 and one that exceeded all of our expectations. It was very fun and kept gamers playing the game long after they had finished every other mode. It was a mode that nearly everyone liked, and I was one of them. It gave us more options than season, and immediately there were suggestions that id GM mode was revamped it could overtake season and the best mode in the Smackdown series.

[b][u]Did I like it?[/u][/b]

As I stated before, yes I did like it. It was far better than I thought as it allowed us to make matches, cut promos, interfere with the other show, negotiate contracts, receive emails and win trophies. Overall it was very fun and has great potential. Season mode was very poor so this added to the amount of use GM mode got. It gave the gamer the control over his show and the ability to give title to whomever he wants, so it was very popular.

[b][u]Good Features[/u][/b]

For a mode to be successful it must have good features. GM mode had plenty.

*We had the option of having the default roster or drafting superstars.
*Superstars change show if not used properly
*Contract negotiations
*Many match types
And much, much more

[img]http://ps2media.ign.com/ps2/image/article/662/662051/wwe-smackdown-vs-raw-2006-20051027061307953.jpg[/img]

[img]http://ps2media.ign.com/ps2/image/article/662/662051/wwe-smackdown-vs-raw-2006-20051027061309218.jpg[/img]

[b][u]Bad Features[/u][/b]

Of coarse there were many bad feature too.
*No cutscenes at all
*Not enough options
*Superstars complain too often for small reasons
*More promo options
*Injuries happen to easily
*No choice of who wins the match (you had to play the match)

As you can see while it was good, if it is improved in Smackdown vs Raw 2007 it can become great and surpass season as the best mode. Here are some improvements.

[b][u]Improvements[/u][/b]

[u][b]Cut scenes[/b][/u]
Cut scenes are needed in Smackdown vs Raw 2007. Without them you lose interest in GM mode. We should of coarse have text-based cutscenes for GM mode, as Voiceovers would be too had to add and would ruin other features. Instead of having to read about superstar’s problems and contract negotiations we should have cutscenes. Promos should also be cutscenes. I will go into how promos can be improved more later o. If we had cutscenes for things like this it would greatly improve the realism and make it way more fun.

[u][b]Title history[/b][/u]I think this would be a great addition to GM mode. It should not just be for the exhibition titles like it is at the moment, but for GM mode as well. This would be a good way of keeping track of who has had so many title reigns. If you give a superstar too many title reigns they will start to be booed and you will lose ratings. Same goes for superstars who don’t get enough title reigns. This would be a nice bonus.

[img]http://media.ign.com/thumb/129/1295879/wwe-smackdown-vs-raw-2006-20051027061312874_thumb.jpg[/img]

[u][b]Changing the Promo’s[/b][/u]
As I said before, first promos should be changed to text based cutscenes. We should have more promo options such as champion celebrating title belt, calling other superstars out, match requests, angry at GM and many more. We should also have the option of sending a superstar out during the cut scene. This would be very cool to watch and would add to the realism greatly.

[u][b]Less common injuries[/b][/u]
Injuries are very rare in the WWE yet in GM mode they happen nearly every week. It is just so annoying when 5 or 6 of your main eveners are sitting on the sideline while Scotty 2 Hotty is forced to hold the championship. The fatigue bar should take along time to fill up, possibly years. The only exception is if superstars with constant injuries troubles to a certain body part (for example Benoit’s neck). If Benoit takes a serious blow to the neck in a match he should be sidelined. His would add to the realism greatly and stop the frustration of having so many superstars injured at the same time.

[u][b]Giving the gamers control over the finish of a match.[/b][/u]
This is GM mode, not season, so we shouldn’t have to wrestle matches to get the outcome we want. We should have the option of not just who wins the match, but how. We should have some options like this:
Lets just say it’s Shelton vs Triple H.
Shelton wins by DQ
Shelton wins by submission
Shelton wins by pinfall
Shelton wins by finisher
Shelton wins by dirty move
Shelton wins by count out
Double count out
Triple H wins by count out
Triple H wins by dirty move
Triple H wins by finisher
Triple H wins by submission
Triple H wins by DQ
Triple H wins by pinfall
As you can see this gives us complete control over the result of matches. The result can lead to the next match type, eg. A submission victory could lead to a submission only match or a dirty move could lead to a heel turn.

[u][b]Choice in Interference promotion[/b][/u]
We should be able to choose what match we interfere in. This could lead to cross brand rivalries. This happens a lot in the WWE so it should happen in GM mode.

[b][u]Multiple rivalries[/u][/b]
In Smackdown vs Raw we were only given the option of one on one rivalries. This really is unrealistic because so often in the WWE we see rivalries involving a number of superstars. Some rivalries that should be included are:

Triple threat rivalries- Such as Orton, Mysterio, and Angle. This would be really fun to have and would add to the realism.

Tag team rivalries- MNM vs Animal and Heindenreich. This happens a lot and needs to be included in the game. I do not think triple thread tag team rivalries are needed at this stage.

Stable rivalries- This just gives us lets say 4 on 5 rivalries instead of just 2 on 2. For example you could have the whole hart foundation feud with DX.

[b][u]Create a GM[/u][/b]
A nice bonus would be the ability to create a GM. Everything from personality to clothes. This is not needed but would be a nice bonus

[b][u]Create a brand[/u][/b]
This would be the ultimate in customisation. You get to create a name for your show, logo, superstars and everything. Since there are not enough superstars to have three separate brands you would have to verse either Smackdown or Raw, not both. This would be great fun and would keep us playing for way longer than before. It would greatly improve the replay value.

[b][u]Adding tournaments[/u][/b]
I was annoyed when I found out this wasn’t an option in the current GM mode. This would be a fairly simple addition and is fairly self-explanatory. We should be able to select the amount of superstars in it and how the tournament works. It would be really fun to have this option.

[b][u]Number 1 contender matches[/u][/b]
We should also have number 1 contender matches included. It happens all the time in the WWE so why not in the game? It would be simple enough to add and would add to the realism.

[b][u]Power 25 [/u] [/b]
This is a very good idea for GM mode. There should be a list of the top 25 superstars from the past week/month. This would be really cool IMO. It would give us an idea of the main eveners, mid carders and would just be really fun. It would also be a competition between the two brands and could give the superstars a morale boost.

[b][u]Rankings[/u][/b]
Another idea I used for Create an Entrance that could easily be implemented into create a PPV. It could rank top matches and top PPV’s. This could also be extended to a list of the contenders for titles. You can choose say the top 5 contenders for each title. This would be a great feature and would add the fun of GM mode.

[b][u]Conclusion-Looking towards the future[/u][/b]

As you can see there is a lot of potential for GM mode. It has the potential to be the future of the Smackdown games. Season will always be repetitive. GM mode however can be improved to the extent you never get tired of it. That is why it is so popular and that is why it is a success. With my improvements GM mode will be the best mode ever seen in the Smackdown series.

[img]http://ps2media.ign.com/ps2/image/article/662/662051/wwe-smackdown-vs-raw-2006-20051027061309609.jpg[/img][/quote]
wow. long post but your right 100%

Booyaka booyaka.

Archived