Look at what happened to mercury

SayJackass

posted already but nirto gave them a betting last night

listen
wwe.com article [url="http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/results/"]http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/results/[/url]
At Armageddon, Joey Mercury suffered a severe injury when a steel ladder hit him in the face, sending him to a local medical facility with a broken nose. Melina blamed The Hardys for Mercury’s injuries, and demanded they compete in a 3-on-2 Handicap Match pairing Johnny Nitro with the World’s Greatest Tag Team.

Jeff Hardy endured an extensive amount of punishment at the hands of both Nitro and the World’s Greatest Tag Team. Johnny Nitro finally pinned the current Intercontinental Champion, who has not been in top form after a series of grueling matches-- including a devastating encounter with Umaga last week on Raw. As WWE fans chanted “Nitro sucks!” Johnny Nitro continued to pummel Jeff Hardy after the bell rang. This loss doesn’t bode well for Hardy who will face Nitro in a Steel Cage Match with his title on the line at New Year’s Revolution.

I just watched the actual match in its entirety and I think it's safe to clear up a few facts.

-Jeff hit the teeter-totter ladder shot and got BOTH Nitro and Mercury(Matt Hardy came close as well as he held MNM in place).

-Nitro was hit in the side of the head/cheek area by the [b]railings[/b] of the ladder.

-Mercury was hit square in the face by the [b]foot[/b] of the ladder(the nose to be exact, which resulted in the severe cut).

-Should be pointed out that it was the position Mercury was in, and the lack of protection on his own behalf that caused this.

-It WASN'T Mercury's fault when somebody pointed out that he didn't cover with his hands as Nitro did not either and he was able to finish his match no problem. It was MERE wrong place and time. He was right there when the blade of the foot of the ladder came up and that's what caused the injury. Nobody is to blame for this as if it was the railings of it, like it should be, it wouldn't had cause ANY severe injury. Nobody is to blame for this as much as I like to pin it on Jeff Hardy.

Archived