Type D Controls

Dirtface

This new control system def caters to the xbox kids....... now, i ain't no hater on xbox...... but this new control system blows on the ps2 (in my opinion)........ so i mess with Type D on the ps2...... but what exactly are the buttons?.......... if anyone can baby walk me thru the buttons and tellin' me what each one does.....that'd be great...... like.....how do i switch focus to another wrestler?.........and.......if i'm pinning a superstar......how do i voluntarily get off him?.......also.....if i'm on the top rope........how do i climb down without crashing?....

[quote name='Dirtface' post='890167' date='Nov 15 2006, 06:56 AM']This new control system def caters to the xbox kids....... now, i ain't no hater on xbox...... but this new control system blows on the ps2 (in my opinion)........ so i mess with Type D on the ps2...... but what exactly are the buttons?.......... if anyone can baby walk me thru the buttons and tellin' me what each one does.....that'd be great...... like.....how do i switch focus to another wrestler?.........and.......if i'm pinning a superstar......how do i voluntarily get off him?.......also.....if i'm on the top rope........how do i climb down without crashing?....[/quote]

D type=

X=quick strike
O= quick grapal
R1+O= strong grapal
R3= ultimate controle after strong grapal
press O to get off a wrestler
press the square button to clime down off the top rope without crashing
move the right analog stick to switch focus
R2 and L2 still reverses
but i haven found out how to make the manager distract the ref

[quote name='(-S-{ja(R)od}-H-)' post='890375' date='Nov 15 2006, 10:33 AM']im using the new controls.. they are so much better IMO[/quote]

[quote name='Queen KBC' post='890586' date='Nov 15 2006, 11:25 AM']I use Type D as i couldnt get to grips with the new system and stuck in my old ways :P

To target someone else move the Right Analog stick and it'll change. To Come off a pin press O.[/quote]
oh noooooooooooo

we've lost Queen KBC 2 the dreaded curse of the old controls this is horrible it's an outrage it's a scandal

I actually like the new controls...once you get used to them, they're all right. It took me like an hour to learn em and I'm back to dominating the computer as ussual. My brother (who never really liked 06 for whatever reason) picked up the controls within the first match that he played. I think it was easier for him then the old controls....we're all just too used to the old style, that it's an awkward change.

Basically dude, if you don't know the Type D controls anyway y not just learn the new way instead. I think it's much improved.

I also changed to Type D.. My brain is getting a bit old and rotted to cope with anything new.. The new control aka Type A seemed a bit too awkward like even hard to whip.. i had to keep pausing the game to remember what to press for certain stuff lol.. at least it's not as bad as the first lot of WWF Games where it was like left,up,square,circle,circle just to do something like a DDT.

Archived