WWE 2K24 DLC Discussion Thread

Jeb ★

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like duplicates when it's completely different in appearance, entrances, moves and themes. The ones that are only differences in attires and hair styles from a recent different year are the bad ones.

They more characters the better! The roster is already huge and have many names and so duplicates are a bonus

Yeah some of the duplicates are annoying sometimes. Especially when there’s a separate slot and there’s no reason for it when the only difference is just an attire and not the entrance, finishers or anything that makes having a separate slot justified.

+ I personally think Torrie in addition to a lot of other female legends are long overdue for an appearance. I always thought HOFers should get a game appearance after their induction. feels right.

I liked the 2011 game where the Ministry Undertaker, Masked Kane, Paul Bearer and a druid could be made into a stable. The one that came with a Bret Hart DVD.

But I lost interest post THQ after realizing how buggy the games were, with tons of cut features. Some of the games were just so broken, no amount of updates could even rectify the issue. 

In fact, this guy that I previously knew under the alias "The Prodigy DGK" on YouTube always mentions this stuff. Although he is inclined to act like a jerk sometimes, a lot of his statements about 2K are accurate. 

https://youtu.be/Z0BUf3diNx0?feature=shared

On 2/27/2024 at 4:18 PM, Glen Coco said:

Yeah some of the duplicates are annoying sometimes. Especially when there’s a separate slot and there’s no reason for it when the only difference is just an attire and not the entrance, finishers or anything that makes having a separate slot justified.

+ I personally think Torrie in addition to a lot of other female legends are long overdue for an appearance. I always thought HOFers should get a game appearance after their induction. feels right.

The only time I had issues with them being alts was when 2k15 had crew cut triple h and long haired triple h in the same model. Every time I had a cutscene in universe despite having long hhh set as default short haired h would always appear in cutscenes 

about DDP’s model:

I hope to god not. That’s not the render they show. And his model was fine in 18 and 19. In fact the 92 DDP was perfect for 98. 

and why is it every time there’s a WCW dlc it has to be last. 

Edited by squirries16

22 hours ago, Senex Beast said:

Yeah that was bad when it was always just the same model for the template like current Undertaker used for every character! 

Or like in 13 it showed an 08 undertaker render but it was Mohawk taker.  When I asked ledesma if we were getting current undertaker with hair he responded “what you see is what you get”

lol

• 2 weeks later...

I hate to be that guy but I can't be placid about this, not only do I feel this is an absolute waste of DLC regarding the Pat MacAfee pack or whatever his name is  but the fact 2K have deliberately concealed what this pack contained feels dishonest.  Is it me to did 2K  increase the price of Season Pass this year by £5?

I personally feel this is an insult to wrestling fans paying to DLC  that shouldn't exist.

I would rather them.be upfront and only say they are doing 4 DLC packs.

Pat didn't want to be in a game without his friends? Fair enough is that not what CAWs are for? Not blaming Pat at all but whoever in 2K that agreed to that decision knowing  the fact propel pay with real money for DLC is a questionable  decision and to blatantly hide who was included in it is downright shody!  I am aware people would rush in to  defend 2K likely saying it legal and its not a waste of slots, in which I kind of agree but what it has in legality and 'slots do not exist, it obviously still takes time to money to develop these models and when we the people (pardon the catchphase)  are the ones paying with the almighty dollar for non wrestlers to appear as DLC in a wrestling game oppososed to using time and resources in to, oh Ii don't know? Actual don't the people who  are unhappy with this pack have the right to feel that this is a slap in the face.

I think best case scenario this will be a mechanism to get in the kinds of moves that would have been in the moves pack in past games, and worst case scenario it will be new models with no new motions at all. Assemble seems to think they captured specific "wacky" motions just for these guys, but that seems very unlikely to me. It'll either be a pleasant surprise with some motions being trojan horsed into the game, or a big nothing for most wrestling fans. Considering what's left on the NXT pile as far as the potential roster goes, I don't think they're losing a single sale by rolling the dice on McAfee and friends rather than having a pack with Lexis King and Lash Legend. 

49 minutes ago, RenoOfTheTurks said:

I hate to be that guy but I can't be placid about this, not only do I feel this is an absolute waste of DLC regarding the Pat MacAfee pack or whatever his name is  but the fact 2K have deliberately concealed what this pack contained feels dishonest.  Is it me to did 2K  increase the price of Season Pass this year by £5?

I personally feel this is an insult to wrestling fans paying to DLC  that shouldn't exist.

Pat didn't want to be in a game without his friends? Fair enough is that not what CAWs are for? Not blaming Pat at all but whoever in 2K that agreed to that decision knowing  the fact propel pay with real money for DLC is a questionable  decision and to blatantly hide who was included in it is downright shody!  I am aware people would rush in to  defend 2K likely saying it legal and its not a waste of slots, in which I kind of agree but what it has in legality and 'slots do not exist, it obviously still takes time to money to develop these models and when we the people (pardon the catchphase)  are the ones paying with the almighty dollar for non wrestlers to appear as DLC in a wrestling game oppososed to using time and resources in to, oh Ii don't know? Actual don't the people who  are unhappy with this pack have the right to feel that this is a slap in the face.

Also should point out they apparently got scanned last night, this kinda throws out the whole they need to be scanned by this date, to be officially in the game

3 hours ago, RenoOfTheTurks said:

I think it increased by £7. I'm sure last year it was £25.99 I think it's £32.99. 

I can't see me using anyone other than Pat, but if they use this pack to add moves and make it a moves pack with characters. I suppose it's ok. 4 packs and a moves pack would have been more than acceptable. Missing NXT stars are probably not in because they rejected the deal like in the past, any legends not in, is probably down to contracts. I can't see this pack making much money outside  the other editions. Might not even break even with what they're paying the guys. It could be costly to 2k. 

On 3/19/2024 at 5:37 PM, Oscar22 said:

…and Muta! 

Thing is I’m so far in my WCW 98 universe that I don’t even need muta. But since I’m also restarting Wcw from 95 I can use him on that one. That is if they fix the random referee bug in cutscenes 

• 2 weeks later...

It's a bit frustrating that there's no DLC i personally particularly care about until september, besides CM Punk and even then I don't care for the guy much these days. Hopefully at least Dragon Lee comes with a plethora of excellent new moves.

Gonna do an early 2K25 DLC prediction for fun that nobody should read into:

Preorder Superstars: Matt and Jeff Hardy

Pack 1:

-Raven

-Sabu

-MJF

-Oba Femi

-Lola Vice

Pack 2:

-Giulia

-Bull Nakano

-Alex Shelley