Scott D'Amore fired/replaced as president of TNA

In what can only be described as one of the biggest head-scratchers in recent memory...TNA has fired Scott D'Amore and replaced him with their own handpicked guy. - Scott is one of the few people in pro wrestling who always seemed to be well-liked and respected by everyone. He always seemed to have a genuine desire to see his talents succeed. To say this is shocking would be an understatement. Especially after all the success of the rebrand and the stuff with Jordynne and the Royal Rumble.

It remains to be seen if the WWE dealings are behind any of this.

https://tnawrestling.com/2024/02/07/anthony-cicione-named-president-of-tna-wrestling/

TNA doing the most TNA thing here!

I just assumed he was involved in some sort of scandal (as that seems the normal now), did they just sh** can him to replace him with some suit from Anthem?! 

TNA's comeback had heart. It was a success story. Now it means nothing. - If talents are as angry as it sounds like they are, then I give TNA till the end of the year before it's dead entirely. People are gonna jump that sinking ship in droves. - I don't know why corporate interests always think they understand how to run a wrestling show better than the people who do it. Every single person close to TNA has called D'Amore the "heart and soul" of the company. That means something.

I wonder if they're dumb enough to see the Vince stuff and just assume that all wrestling insiders are the same. Like..."we better get rid of anyone who's been here a long time and replace them". I wouldn't even doubt it. Corporate America is soulless as *Censored*.

Edited by Generations

This must be so disheartening for everyone involved in its resurgence. They genuinely had some buzz going for them for the first time in nearly a decade, due to all the hard work they all put in. True shame to see it p*ssed away almost immediately.