WWE 2K24: Finish Your Story (Official Info/Discussion Thread)

Jeb ★

8 minutes ago, squirries16 said:

Does gm even have cutscenes? That’s my biggest problem with it. One thing I really want for universe is empty match cards. I always plan my ppv first so building matches around the ppv via empty cards would be so beneficial. This is also why we need promos back. I agree it wasn’t executed well but if more effort was put into it , it could help improve the mode

Im not sure actually, I just haven't felt the need to touch it since, as I said, what I want is more of a combination of the two with everything being modular.

I agree about empty match cards, and further, i'd like to see the option to set any day of the week as a PPV instead of just sundays.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

47 minutes ago, SaturnT3 said:

With the confirmation that MyFaction content can be used in other modes, I can see the popularity of the mode exploding. It can easily become the alt factory a lot of people thought Showcase would be, but with far fewer resources eaten up because they don't have to do things like mo-cap for it. This is potentially huge. The days of not getting the exact attire you want for a specific wrestler could be a thing of the past. They can do multiple retro alts and update current attires, and they can do it in a way that's cost effective.

Exactly what i always said about that mode, i had no clue why they locked all the alt attires in there when it would make alot more people likely to actually play the mode and pay for packs if the stuff was unlocked for the rest of the game.

They thought keeping it locked to that mode would entice people to play it cause you can't play them anywhere else, but in reality alot didn't play it because of that. Cause whats the point of unlocking those alts if you can only use them in that mode where you don't even get entrances and can only grind.

10 minutes ago, J-man89 said:

Exactly what i always said about that mode, i had no clue why they locked all the alt attires in there when it would make alot more people likely to actually play the mode and pay for packs if the stuff was unlocked for the rest of the game.

They thought keeping it locked to that mode would entice people to play it cause you can't play them anywhere else, but in reality alot didn't play it because of that. Cause whats the point of unlocking those alts if you can only use them in that mode where you don't even get entrances and can only grind.

I used to post this on the official forum (and Zeo would delete it without explanation...), but I've always thought this was the plan. I think they knew microtransactions were going to be controversial, so they made everything in the microtransaction mode exclusive to that mode so people would say "Oh, then I can just ignore that mode. Cool.". To entice people, they put content they knew people would want in there, but were like "Well it's the microtransaction mode, so everything is self contained!". So they've created a scenario where alts and such are locked behind microtransactions, and the player base is CLAMORING for them to NOT be self contained. They can present having a mountain of content people have to grind or pay extra for - even if they've bought the $120 version of the game - as "giving the player base what they want". They took a controversial situation and turned it into something they're being praised for.

Edited by SaturnT3

1 hour ago, SaturnT3 said:

With the confirmation that MyFaction content can be used in other modes, I can see the popularity of the mode exploding. It can easily become the alt factory a lot of people thought Showcase would be, but with far fewer resources eaten up because they don't have to do things like mo-cap for it. This is potentially huge. The days of not getting the exact attire you want for a specific wrestler could be a thing of the past. They can do multiple retro alts and update current attires, and they can do it in a way that's cost effective.

But as far as what I’ve seen on twitter you can’t edit anything you unlock in Myfaction. Unless the person playing doesn’t know what he’s doing 

34 minutes ago, SaturnT3 said:

I used to post this on the official forum (and Zeo would delete it without explanation...), but I've always thought this was the plan. I think they knew microtransactions were going to be controversial, so they made everything in the microtransaction mode exclusive to that mode so people would say "Oh, then I can just ignore that mode. Cool.". To entice people, they put content they knew people would want in there, but were like "Well it's the microtransaction mode, so everything is self contained!". So they've created a scenario where alts and such are locked behind microtransactions, and the player base is CLAMORING for them to NOT be self contained. They can present having a mountain of content people have to grind or pay extra for - even if they've bought the $120 version of the game - as "giving the player base what they want". They took a controversial situation and turned it into something they're being praised for.

They won’t be praised when the people realize they can’t edit anything they unlock. And using zeo as an example is new good thing. If it wasn’t beneficial to him he would delete warn and ban with the quickness. In Gotham forum is gone 

Just now, BestInTheWorld614 said:

I expect Status to make every ref playable

That’s really not what I meant. I mean if say you created earl and made him a ref is it possible he could be set as a normal ref. Not the special ref stuff. 

9 minutes ago, squirries16 said:

But as far as what I’ve seen on twitter you can’t edit anything you unlock in Myfaction. Unless the person playing doesn’t know what he’s doing 

It looks like you can't edit the visuals, at least. The only thing I'd want to edit is the AI tendencies, as I turn ring escape and instant recovery down to zero for everyone. Seems like a wait and see, being that people thought MyFaction alts weren't usable outside MyFaction at first too.

I'm assuming we'll be able to assign whatever ref we want to a created show, created or otherwise. I think the "you can't choose the ref" reports were regarding the existing shows. That wasn't surprising to me, because we've never been able to edit existing shows as far as I know.

On the one hand I’m glad to just have the use of the MyFaction alts.

On the other hand, if we can’t edit their appearances I really hope 2k can patch or change that - considering the MF alts are often from different eras it’d be a great chance to make further alts of those and really open up options for everyone. 

Between the Vince/Brock drama this year (with more names to potentially be added to that pile) and the fact that MyFaction is delivering the things people have been wanting (and largely not getting) from Showcase, I wouldn't be surprised to see 2K pull the plug on nostalgia story modes entirely. This year, MyFaction is the retro content treasure trove people wanted Showcase to be with none of the negatives.

Hopefully the MyRise original characters that will be unlocked in MyRise this year, aren't only for myFaction, they should get these Persona cards in MyFaction as well so we can use them in say Universe Mode.

35 minutes ago, ant-221 said:

Hopefully the MyRise original characters that will be unlocked in MyRise this year, aren't only for myFaction, they should get these Persona cards in MyFaction as well so we can use them in say Universe Mode.

I think we'll likely get them as straight up unlockables. There are already spots on the roster marked MYR.