Jump to content

WWE 2K24: Finish Your Story (Official Info/Discussion Thread)


Jeb ★
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, SaturnT3 said:

The daytime outdoor arena looks great. 

 

I know we get them every year, but the meltdowns seem especially funny to me this year. People are big mad about Brock, Naomi, Torrie, and fireworks. If these are the biggest things "missing" from 2K24, I'll be thrilled.

There's one thing I'm gutted about Brock Lesnar. I'm gutted they didn't give him the Mike Tyson treatment from 2k16. :lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, snakebiteSB said:

There's one thing I'm gutted about Brock Lesnar. I'm gutted they didn't give him the Mike Tyson treatment from 2k16. :lol:

I'll be honest, I'm half expecting that from the day one patch. If they're going to all this trouble to wipe him from the game as much as possible, why pay him for his likeness. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If and when someone here inevitably gets the game early, could they please check to see if the distance for running springboard finishers has been fixed?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, SaturnT3 said:

The daytime outdoor arena looks great. 

 

I know we get them every year, but the meltdowns seem especially funny to me this year. People are big mad about Brock, Naomi, Torrie, and fireworks. If these are the biggest things "missing" from 2K24, I'll be thrilled.

okay a couple things.

I have been reading this forum for the last 6 months.  It seems you have a huge problem with show intros.  that's what it's called show intros not fireworks.  The fireworks did not trigger on every show intro.  It's the fact it's a presentational feature.  2K says that if it happens in real life it should happen in the game.  Fact is it happens in real life. It happens in WWE.

If you have that much of an issue with this then too bad.  There was an option to turn it off.  It's not my or anyone else's fault or problem if you didn't know how to do that.

2. Everyone has a legitimate reason to be upset over Naomi.  Torrie i couldn't care less. Brock well we're not going to address that as it's been addressed a million times over.  Naomi as much as i'd like her to return this year that ain't happening. And to be honest in a way i'm glad because now we have it where the divas/women's community can throw a fit and assume they'll always get what they want.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, J-man89 said:

Man i'm in love with this Seth model , it looks so freaking good, best model he's ever had, and that attire looks so damn clean

 

the hair looks really good.  although i prefer the all black king slayer era of seth.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, squirries16 said:

okay a couple things.

I have been reading this forum for the last 6 months.  It seems you have a huge problem with show intros.  that's what it's called show intros not fireworks.  The fireworks did not trigger on every show intro.  It's the fact it's a presentational feature.  2K says that if it happens in real life it should happen in the game.  Fact is it happens in real life. It happens in WWE.

If you have that much of an issue with this then too bad.  There was an option to turn it off.  It's not my or anyone else's fault or problem if you didn't know how to do that.

2. Everyone has a legitimate reason to be upset over Naomi.  Torrie i couldn't care less. Brock well we're not going to address that as it's been addressed a million times over.  Naomi as much as i'd like her to return this year that ain't happening. And to be honest in a way i'm glad because now we have it where the divas/women's community can throw a fit and assume they'll always get what they want.  

I don't "have a huge problem with show intros". I'm amused/baffled by how emotional some people have been about the lack of them. I understood how to turn show intros off. I think most people did, and used that option. I think that's probably why they just took them out. I think the number of people who instantly turned them off was probably much larger than the number of people who wanted them. Otherwise, why remove them?

I think there's an excellent chance Naomi is patched in for free, much like Candice LeRae and Mia Yim were. Bryan Williams teased similar content in a post launch patch. It's interesting to me that you're defending the fireworks tantrums, but you're glad Naomi isn't in...despite the fact that you feel people have a legitimate reason to be upset she isn't in. Because people who want something you don't "can throw a fit and assume they'll always get what they want".

I think popular requests should be facilitated whenever possible and unpopular things should fall by the wayside to allow the more popular things to be better facilitated. This isn't any kind of "hot take". It's just common sense. Sales are up in the series, because they're catering to the majority. I don't always get what I want either, because what I want isn't always the most popular things. I don't get why others don't get that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

With respect, I think that view-point leads way too much towards homogenization and generic "do what the majority wants even if it doesn't make for a better experience on the whole" design. It feels like that's the kind of thing a Ubisoft exec might say.

More importantly, I think its dangerous to speak on theories of what might be popular or unpopular without any kind of actual referential data to base that on.

Admittedly i'm likely quite biased, so if what i'm saying seems insulting please know I do not intend it to be, i simply cannot speak from a neutral perspective; I've not hidden at all the contempt I have for certain changes after 2K20 (i feel that they panicked and swerved way too hard in the opposite direction, and could have gotten a lot of the improvements we see in without the needless restrictions and dumbing down of gameplay and match tempo), but it seems to me more like 2K are starting to pull the same stunts THQ used to pull. Remove something, then bring it back years later as a selling point instead of come up with something truly new to capture attention with; when that something should not have been removed in the first place.

Edited by CROSS-Out
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, CROSS-Out said:

With respect, I think that view-point leads way too much towards homogenization and generic "do what the majority wants even if it doesn't make for a better experience on the whole" design. It feels like that's the kind of thing a Ubisoft exec might say.

More importantly, I think its dangerous to speak on theories of what might be popular or unpopular without any kind of actual referential data to base that on.

Admittedly i'm likely quite biased, so if what i'm saying seems insulting please know I do not intend it to be, i simply cannot speak from a neutral perspective; I've not hidden at all the contempt I have for certain changes after 2K20 (i feel that they panicked and swerved way too hard in the opposite direction, and could have gotten a lot of the improvements we see in without the needless restrictions and dumbing down of gameplay and match tempo), but it seems to me more like 2K are starting to pull the same stunts THQ used to pull. Remove something, then bring it back years later as a selling point instead of come up with something truly new to capture attention with; when that something should not have been removed in the first place.

You have to go into these things with the understanding that this is a business venture. I defend things I'm not personally big on all the time because I want the game to be successful. They got the budget they did this year because of how many copies they sold last year. These game are never going to be 100% for you. If they were, they wouldn't appeal to a large enough audience. If your game doesn't sell enough copies, you don't get to make another game. That's why the "2K25 should be 100% focused on Universe improvements! No MyRise! No MyFaction!" takes are so unrealistic. If you want to do the work you're truly passionate about, you need to be profitable enough to keep the series going. That's just reality.

So you think they removed show intros to bring them back later as a "new feature"? I mean, maybe? I guess? Either way, my point is that I don't get how it's that massive a thing. I don't get why them being removed is a big deal, and I don't see why them returning would be either. It's a 20 second cutscene. I wish the "rapid" pin kickout minigame UI wasn't on screen. I don't act like the game is good or bad based on whether or not I get what I want there, though. It just isn't that big of a deal. Sometimes you're in the minority.

I miss some of the gameplay features that were removed too (particularly chain wrestling right now), but I don't think it's any kind of underhanded plot to remove now and add later. Tired animations returning (and improving tenfold, in my opinion) is HUGE to me, but I see that as listening to feedback rather than any kind of sketchy stunt. I think there's simply a lot of fan service this year because there are a bunch of other wrestling games coming out in this cycle. A lot of people are getting what they want this year because 2K is listening, and they have the resources to facilitate these things. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, CROSS-Out said:

With respect, I think that view-point leads way too much towards homogenization and generic "do what the majority wants even if it doesn't make for a better experience on the whole" design. It feels like that's the kind of thing a Ubisoft exec might say.

More importantly, I think its dangerous to speak on theories of what might be popular or unpopular without any kind of actual referential data to base that on.

Admittedly i'm likely quite biased, so if what i'm saying seems insulting please know I do not intend it to be, i simply cannot speak from a neutral perspective; I've not hidden at all the contempt I have for certain changes after 2K20 (i feel that they panicked and swerved way too hard in the opposite direction, and could have gotten a lot of the improvements we see in without the needless restrictions and dumbing down of gameplay and match tempo), but it seems to me more like 2K are starting to pull the same stunts THQ used to pull. Remove something, then bring it back years later as a selling point instead of come up with something truly new to capture attention with; when that something should not have been removed in the first place.

2k20 was i guess you could say the beginning of all these unnecessary changes: from adding stuff like DLC that didn't make sense, the beginning of changing the gameplay, still not fixing the chain grapple minigame, then you had the starting issues with create a video.  Which brings me to my next point.  What people like saturn doesn't understand is that people not only used the show intros for show intros, we also used them to preview and then be able to record various cutscenes from create a video.  

 

Then there's the fact that 2k doesn't give a damn about universe, they are now putting all their eggs in the mygm and myfaction basket. Don't even get me started on that useless pat macafee dlc which honestly could have been used for a plethora of other things.  A Women's Divas Pack (to stop the fits on twitter), an arena pack current and retro (we still haven't seen the Raw 2000 set in forever) a championship pack (WCW Big Gold non-nWo is still missing) or an NXT pack to cover those that weren't included.

 

Oh and there's the huge elephant in the room that i saw no nextmaker attempt to test: Do Titles still clip thru the effing jacket on alt attires and caws?????

and i hope that referee glitch from universe in 23 isn't back.  the one where we got a ref of angelo dawkins or tamina in universe cutscenes.  i couldn't do a wcw tna or ecw universe all year last year because of that.  So sorry for the long post but i felt these were things that needed to be talked about that I haven't seen talked about.

 

  

15 minutes ago, SaturnT3 said:

You have to go into these things with the understanding that this is a business venture. I defend things I'm not personally big on all the time because I want the game to be successful. They got the budget they did this year because of how many copies they sold last year. These game are never going to be 100% for you. If they were, they wouldn't appeal to a large enough audience. If your game doesn't sell enough copies, you don't get to make another game. That's why the "2K25 should be 100% focused on Universe improvements! No MyRise! No MyFaction!" takes are so unrealistic. If you want to do the work you're truly passionate about, you need to be profitable enough to keep the series going. That's just reality.

So you think they removed show intros to bring them back later as a "new feature"? I mean, maybe? I guess? Either way, my point is that I don't get how it's that massive a thing. I don't get why them being removed is a big deal, and I don't see why them returning would be either. It's a 20 second cutscene. I wish the "rapid" pin kickout minigame UI wasn't on screen. I don't act like the game is good or bad based on whether or not I get what I want there, though. It just isn't that big of a deal. Sometimes you're in the minority.

I miss some of the gameplay features that were removed too (particularly chain wrestling right now), but I don't think it's any kind of underhanded plot to remove now and add later. Tired animations returning (and improving tenfold, in my opinion) is HUGE to me, but I see that as listening to feedback rather than any kind of sketchy stunt. I think there's simply a lot of fan service this year because there are a bunch of other wrestling games coming out in this cycle. A lot of people are getting what they want this year because 2K is listening, and they have the resources to facilitate these things. 

 

like i said in my last post.  the problem is that things like show intros were not only used for those intros but also we (as youtubers as well) used them to record cutscenes from create a video since you can no longer preview them full screen within that mode.  so the only way they were accessible was from the show intro preview screen.

 

Maybe they will bring it back as a new revamped feature but the problem i have with that is that when Bryan Williams was asked he goes "show intros will not be in 2k24 but it's still going to be a helluva game!" okay i get that it's going to be a helluva game but if 2k is all about presentation it stands to reason that this would be the last thing they remove without explaining why.

 

From what i read on twitter, Chain grappling was removed in favor of the combo system grabbing before every move. which was suggested by that killer instinct guy Patrick Gillmore who got fired by the way. So i'm really hopeful that it does comeback.  I get that you don't see much chain grappling these days, mostly it's rush the ring/instant strike after the bell rings but it really hurts anything that's not current wwe.

Edited by squirries16
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I understand why Universe (in general, really) and show intros in particular is popular with YouTubers. It's probably an excellent content creation tool. The thing is, most people aren't content creators. Most people who play these games just want to play a video game. What is a "presentation" perk to content creators is a barrier to actually playing the game to gamers. I think that's the disconnect here. The gamers are annoyed by barriers like that, and they were removed because there are far more gamers than content creators. I understand the idea that people who don't want a feature can just turn it off. That was my take with stamina. I'm just saying if 90% of players turn a feature off, it makes sense for them to be like "why is this even in?".  Again, sometimes you're the minority. I stopped playing these games for a long time when they were super arcadey and there were more realistic games out there. What I wanted wasn't what the WWE games community wanted at the time, so I tapped out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I mean I get that I really do, but there was an option to turn it off.  in fact that option was shown in multiple places as well as the tutorial for universe.

In fact if custom music never had to go away i probably never would have even considered starting up a youtube channel.  That was my original reasoning.  Since sharefactory has no issue allowing you to import music video and images, i record my gameplay add in the music a few videos for trons here and there and bam a universe youtube was born.

but it is what it is.  Like i said i'm more concerned on whether or not alt attires/caws with vests/jackets will still have the title clipping thru the vest because that's been an issue (again) since 2k18 and 2k22 respectively.  it was partially fixed in 20 and fully fixed in 17 via patches

there definitely are other things to worry about like cross said with the springboards.  i went to redo showcase because i was trying to download shawnstylz' mero and got to do that cena/aj match and had to try 3 times for the springboard ddt as i kept flying and missing.

 

I will never give up advocating for the right things to be put in universe.  I've put too many years into it (since svr11) to tap out now.  Just like WCW i was there for WCW until the bitter end and that's how i feel about Universe.  It just needs the right direction.

Edited by squirries16
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The lighting across the board seems to be much improved. Usually I expect screenshots and what not to look great but even the videos that have been shown from people playing look impressive, like the out WM looks fantastic, all the materials look improved, etc etc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Showcase mode has always been so cringe, the way the commentators and narrator have to walk us through everything like we're idiots. ugh.

I'm really happy to see 2015 Seth Rollins, he's immediately replacing freaking Rollins in my universe. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

i remember seeing people saying it looked the same when we were seeing earlier builds but yeah that ramp is definitely longer. Anyway i loved that entrance.  I remember trying to replicate it when we got Roode's NXT Elevator entrance LOL I was never able to find that holy intro theme HBK used though

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...