WWE 2K24: Finish Your Story (Official Info/Discussion Thread)

Jeb ★

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kane '98 gear being hidden in CAW Mode is the exact example I used for "watch them lock his gear out and then you can only use him in MyFaction" these past 2 years and now they did it.

At least this year it seems we can use them in any game mode but I still don't have an opinion on that; we'll have to see if it's really scummy in terms of price, if you can straight up buy them, if they have their own assets like Entrances/Themes, and if Kane '98 specifically is available early on since his gear is locked away from launch.

2 hours ago, Crazyjk4 said:

I don't think they'd  get rid of universe mode without replacing with another mode akin to it like a story creator.

That's what I'm saying, I think MyGM is that mode. You want drafts? Promos? There's a mode that has those! I'm just saying that one mode is clearly on the rise and one mode is clearly on the decline. 

I hope to see Story Designer, though. 

Some other small things/improvments I noticed, mangers seem like they have a bit more freedom and can be used in more match types, I noticed they have the camera flashing  similar to the SVR days when hitting a big move, they toned down  the red screen effect a lot after hitting a finisher to where it's not really that noticeable much. In some matches I didn't even see the effect which makes me wonder if you can turn in off. 

6 minutes ago, Austin3035 said:

what major match types havent ever been in the game  i hope the trend of new matchs keep going   i love see 3 stages  back in even tho i dont know if it possible to have it  with one match 3 different match types

Texas Bull Rope

Barbwire Steel Cage

Dog Collar Match

7 minutes ago, Golden Boy® said:

Texas Bull Rope

Barbwire Steel Cage

Dog Collar Match

barbwire steel cage wasn't major it was a one off match

bull rope  and dog collar match pretty much the same   match type but out the 3 i say dog collar would be the easiest to create

but i go for dumpster or stretcher match but i could have sworn stretcher been in before  in a game

Edited by Austin3035

2 minutes ago, glennsoe said:

Eh past caring about UUDD because it's Xavier Woods playing with people who knows f all about how to play the game screaming "Oooooooh" "aaaaaaaaaah" at every punch

I think I will wait for Tuesday at this point 

Edited by Golden Boy®

2 hours ago, Austin3035 said:

what major match types havent ever been in the game  i hope the trend of new matchs keep going   i love see 3 stages  back in even tho i dont know if it possible to have it  with one match 3 different match types

Lumberjack match needs to be added in 2K25 has a match type. And they need to bring back championship scramble, 4 tag team TLC and inferno match.

2 hours ago, Golden Boy® said:

Eh past caring about UUDD because it's Xavier Woods playing with people who knows f all about how to play the game screaming "Oooooooh" "aaaaaaaaaah" at every punch

I think I will wait for Tuesday at this point 

Most of the guests are actually gamers and others are clueless yeah but I've been so over UUDD for a long time because most and especially Big E, Kofi & Xavier are like hyped up 10yos on a sugar rush!

It all quickly gets extremely annoying as *Censored*. Too excited and humorous about any little thing or get ass hurt easily 

I’m hoping next year they finally give this game an overhaul with gameplay and get rid of the elements that don’t mesh with how wrestling works. I try to understand how people like the non-wrestling changes implemented in 2k22 and what I can think is the game is definitely more competitive which can be more fun but I think they could accomplish bringing more stimulation to the game and keeping it fun if they really want. 

15 minutes ago, NiceTwice said:

I’m hoping next year they finally give this game an overhaul with gameplay and get rid of the elements that don’t mesh with how wrestling works. I try to understand how people like the non-wrestling changes implemented in 2k22 and what I can think is the game is definitely more competitive which can be more fun but I think they could accomplish bringing more stimulation to the game and keeping it fun if they really want. 

I don't really think the game needs an overhaul per say at least in terms of gameplay, I do think they keep bringing back or new stimulation aspects mostly chain wrestling,  improving or re worked grappling lock ups assuming they don't get rid of grappling lock ups, and  I'd like a reworked limb targeting system where doing more damage to a limb affects certain moves and such.  Also getting rid of the fighting stances.

38 minutes ago, NiceTwice said:

You are expecting way too much if you think they will rework the gameplay especially that it is being praised critically. And honestly, stance aside, i dont think they need it. They just have to tweak it a bit and add some stuff. What needs an overhaul is Universe Mode, everything else just need to have things added to it 

The MyRise trailer looks promising. Way more interested in the women's story this year based on the trailer. 

Unless you're worked up about not getting a specific wrestler/attire or that fireworks cutscene that's "missing" from Universe, there's really not much to complain about this year. They seem to have overdelivered pretty much across the board. 

2 hours ago, Crazyjk4 said:

I don't really think the game needs an overhaul per say at least in terms of gameplay, I do think they keep bringing back or new stimulation aspects mostly chain wrestling,  improving or re worked grappling lock ups assuming they don't get rid of grappling lock ups, and  I'd like a reworked limb targeting system where doing more damage to a limb affects certain moves and such.  Also getting rid of the fighting stances.

Yes. Overhaul in terms of how they see overhauls meaning reworking stuff to where the game feels different. A complete overhaul from them would be a disaster. I think they could accomplish it but they keep leaving the boxing, stances, grappling stuff since they don’t see enough care from most fans about it.