WWE 2K24: Finish Your Story (Official Info/Discussion Thread)

Jeb ★

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

58 minutes ago, snakebiteSB said:

Anyone think we might get new Superstars in MyFaction? I don't mean new versions of people in the game but actual new guys. Like would they put in say for example, Bam Bam Bigalow? Or missing NXT stars? 

Nah they didnt do this when attires were locked to the mode, I doubt they will do thos when the mode is open 

As expected, Universe mode is untouched except that match ups seems to make more sense and that you can change who the third superstar involved in the rivalry before the match. 

Edited by Golden Boy®

12 minutes ago, Golden Boy® said:

As expected, Universe mode is untouched except that match ups seems to make more sense and that you can change who the third superstar involved in the rivalry before the match. 

Changing who the 3rd superstar is in rivalries is great at least, that was my number 1 gripe with rivalries is random main eventers being the job guy to one of the the two guys in your rivalry, it was really annoying. 

7 minutes ago, J-man89 said:

Changing who the 3rd superstar is in rivalries is great at least, that was my number 1 gripe with rivalries is random main eventers being the job guy to one of the the two guys in your rivalry, it was really annoying. 

That was the biggest complaint a lot were making so at least that's been addressed. Hopefully it doesn't have as much bugs.

7 minutes ago, Crazyjk4 said:

That was the biggest complaint a lot were making so at least that's been addressed. Hopefully it doesn't have as much bugs.

I think this would allow us to kind of have a 3 way rivalry but it will require a lot of manual editing 

MyFaction only remains and I think we can expect the reveal from 2k either tomorrow or this weekend. 

But all in all that's everything there is to know about the game. 

Edited by Golden Boy®

Overall despite my disappointment with the CAW logs/slots not being increased and universe being the same I think 2K24 looks and sounds like an improvement over 2K22 and  2K23 and they did seem to put more of an effort this year well in most areas.

MyGM looks to be the mode to play over Universe

Biggest takeaway: Match ratings are determined by class system anymore but by popularity AS THEY SHOULD

Edited by Golden Boy®

I just wish one game they'd make most of the focus on rehauling Universe Mode and putting everything into it, don't bother with new match types and showcase, just put all that time and effort into Universe Mode and fix all the issues. Then move forwards with the series then you can do showcase and new match types.

Cause the way its just flat out ignored almost every game with the tiniest bit of touch ups to it is really frustrating when its a mode that keep most people playing the game.

Edited by J-man89

1 hour ago, J-man89 said:

I just wish one game they'd make most of the focus on rehauling Universe Mode and putting everything into it, don't bother with new match types and showcase, just put all that time and effort into Universe Mode and fix all the issues. Then move forwards with the series then you can do showcase and new match types.

Cause the way its jsut flat out ignored almost every game with the tiniest bit of touch ups to it is really frustrating when its a mode that keep most people playing the game.

the two things i wish they would add in Universe Mode are title design swaps like THQ did in the SvR games. when someone wins the title you have the option to swap the title while keeping the stat records. the other  feature they need to add is allow us to edit individual show episodes of our weekly shows. i want to be able to have an Old School RAW, or a holiday themed show. and have a Saturday Night's Main Event every couple of months.

1 hour ago, J-man89 said:

Cause the way its jsut flat out ignored almost every game with the tiniest bit of touch ups to it is really frustrating when its a mode that keep most people playing the game.

Last time they did this we ended up with 2k17 🤔

Excited for the MyGM upgrades. Still hoping we get some form of cutscene control for the mode at some point. Beyond that, the big thing I'd like to see is for them to either eliminate the draft after the start of the mode, or change it so you're just stealing wrestlers from one another's brand. I hate that I have to lose 90% of my roster every year.

Universe really feels like it's finally on the way out. Unless they integrate it into MyGM, I could see it falling by the wayside. Every year it seems to lose more people to MyGM as that mode expands.

I haven’t played Gm since they added it back tbh. I saw the game play videos and saw that it was nothing like the version from the svr games. I might give it a try in the next game 

GM Mode does sound majorly improved, was never into it even back into the SVR days but I may try it,  universe mode while still being the same they did at least added being able to pick the the opponent during rivalries, and able to change out the third party for a match that has a rivalry action so there's that. I do like having all of the match types in too. 

This is the most promising a wrestling game has looked in a while. They upgraded the areas I thought needed it the most (stamina, tag matches, deeper MyGM, strike exchanges, MyFaction unlockables playable throughout the game) and the biggest complaints I've seen seem really niche to me (no Universe show intos/drafts/promos, not enough developmental wrestlers/old school divas). There will always be things I wish they included that they didn't, but all in all I can't remember a game in this series ever looking like such an upgrade after a single development cycle.

1 minute ago, SaturnT3 said:

This is the most promising a wrestling game has looked in a while. They upgraded the areas I thought needed it the most (stamina, tag matches, deeper MyGM, strike exchanges, MyFaction unlockables playable throughout the game) and the biggest complaints I've seen seem really niche to me (no Universe show intos/drafts/promos, not enough developmental wrestlers/old school divas). There will always be things I wish they included that they didn't, but all in all I can't remember a game in this series ever looking like such an upgrade after a single development cycle.

Agreed, all in all looks like its gonna be a great game, with one of the most up to date rosters in a long time with a ton of quality of life improvements that was needed, the MyFaction complaints was addressed, the quick save for caw mode, the improvement to tag matches being able to control your partner. 

And the DLC is some of the best DLC they've had, still can 't believe Punk is in the first pack.

9 minutes ago, J-man89 said:

Agreed, all in all looks like its gonna be a great game, with one of the most up to date rosters in a long time with a ton of quality of life improvements that was needed, the MyFaction complaints was addressed, the quick save for caw mode, the improvement to tag matches being able to control your partner. 

And the DLC is some of the best DLC they've had, still can 't believe Punk is in the first pack.

Absolutely. The reason I kept going back and forth about that is that I was setting my expectations off of what they've been able to do in the past. They've done so much more this year in so many different areas. It's crazy. That's another reason why I think Universe might get put out to pasture. They can clearly do a lot in a year building on the new foundation, but Universe seems to be the lone exception. It's the one, rickety old part in an otherwise smoothly running machine. The more they add to MyGM, I think we'll see more and more people make the transition over from Universe.

17 minutes ago, SaturnT3 said:

Absolutely. The reason I kept going back and forth about that is that I was setting my expectations off of what they've been able to do in the past. They've done so much more this year in so many different areas. It's crazy. That's another reason why I think Universe might get put out to pasture. They can clearly do a lot in a year building on the new foundation, but Universe seems to be the lone exception. It's the one, rickety old part in an otherwise smoothly running machine. The more they add to MyGM, I think we'll see more and more people make the transition over from Universe.

Eh i doubt Universe ever goes away, they know theres a fanbase for it that want improvements every year, removing it would lose alot fans i think, people wanna create and run their own universe with custom shows or replicate the current shows. GM mode is just a simulator where you try and beat the opposing show, that could never replace Universes mode imo.