WWE 2K24: Finish Your Story (Official Info/Discussion Thread)

Jeb ★

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, J-man89 said:

Punk has gear, all he had to do was give them a set of his gear to scan, hell they've had his gear from previous games as caw parts for as long as he's been away from WWE, gear wouldn't be an issue. All they'd really have to do for his Rumble gear is recolor some gear thats in the game or recolor a set of gear he gave them to scan.

If Punk returned to the company at The Rumble like Naomi, he wouldn't be DLC, no matter what they wanted to do, wouldn't be possible. So its not like they're moving goalposts to get him in, he made it back in time to get in as DLC plain and simple.

But they didn't know what look he was going to wrestle in when he returned in November. That's why the televised in ring debut is what matters. He wrestled in the classic trunks, shorts, and long tights in AEW. He could have done any of those things, or something completely different. He wrestled in plain black trunks at that house show, because his new gear didn't come in on time. That kinda kills the idea that he could have given them gear to scan. He could have changed up his moveset (and he still might, considering how banged up he is these days). 

As I've been saying for a while, they've never gotten a new character into the game that returned/debuted this late in the development cycle. If you think he's such a big star that he warrants that, that's fine. Just don't act surprised if 2K gets way more flack about people not making the cut if they establish that it can be done.

2 minutes ago, judas priest superstar said:

If people think Naomi and Punk are even ln the same ballpark in terms of fame...

Screenshot_20240226_181519_YouTube.thumb.jpg.2d3a84ecfc9414041c1a7e3017034b17.jpg

Screenshot_20240226_181456_YouTube.thumb.jpg.ae9dde7478cedaf68d8bbaa8bf0caec1.jpg

i assure you, one of them is by far a priority. 

I'm not saying Punk isn't a much bigger star, but comparing a video from 4 weeks ago with a video from 3 months ago is a bit disingenuous. 

I don’t understand how people think Punk wouldn’t be DLC and why this is a debate every week. It’s blatantly obvious lmaooo maybe i’m wrong idk but he’s definitely in the final pack.

if not i can see them doing a showcase around him for 2k25

2 minutes ago, SaturnT3 said:

I'm not saying Punk isn't a much bigger star, but comparing a video from 4 weeks ago with a video from 3 months ago is a bit disingenuous. 

it’s just him finding another way to bitch about diva stans again don’t take it too seriously lmfao

32 minutes ago, SaturnT3 said:

But they didn't know what look he was going to wrestle in when he returned in November. That's why the televised in ring debut is what matters. He wrestled in the classic trunks, shorts, and long tights in AEW. He could have done any of those things, or something completely different. He wrestled in plain black trunks at that house show, because his new gear didn't come in on time. That kinda kills the idea that he could have given them gear to scan. He could have changed up his moveset (and he still might, considering how banged up he is these days). 

As I've been saying for a while, they've never gotten a new character into the game that returned/debuted this late in the development cycle. If you think he's such a big star that he warrants that, that's fine. Just don't act surprised if 2K gets way more flack about people not making the cut if they establish that it can be done.

All Punk would've had to tell them was what he planned to wear, give them some of the same style gear he planned to wear and they recolor them to whatever colors he used at The Rumble, its not hard. Also they got The Fiend and his gear in 2K20's base game  just like 2 months after he debuted at Summerslam. Its not exactly hard to believe Punk is making the final DLC pack when he returned over 3 months ago.

Edited by J-man89

2 minutes ago, J-man89 said:

All Punk would've had to tell them was what he planned to wear, give them some of the same style trunks he planned to wear and they recolor them to whatever colors he used at The Rumble, its not hard. Also they got The Fiend and his gear in 2K20's base game  just like 2 months after he debuted at Summerslam. Its not exactly hard to believe Punk is making the final DLC pack when he returned over 3 months ago.

Again, the Fiend was an alt. He was not a new wrestler. 95% of him was just Bray from the previous games. If Punk is in, his inclusion is unprecedented. 

11 minutes ago, SaturnT3 said:

Again, the Fiend was an alt. He was not a new wrestler. 95% of him was just Bray from the previous games. If Punk is in, his inclusion is unprecedented. 

Bro The Fiend was not an alt, for all intensive purposes he was essentially a new wrestler, he had a bunch of new moves with him, call name, commentary voice lines, theme, entrance, it wasn't like they just took Bray's model and slapped the gear on him. They got the new hair, new tats, new gear, his new entrance, new moves, all that was in the game before the character even debuted at Summerslam. And that was in the BASE game, not even DLC.

So again no it s not hard to believe Punk is making at the very least the final DLC pack when he returned over 3 months ago.

Edited by J-man89

3 minutes ago, J-man89 said:

Bro The Fiend for all intensive purposes was a new wrestler, he had a bunch of new moves with him, call name, commentary voice lines, theme, entrance, it wasn't like they just took Bray's model and slapped the gear on him. They got the new gear, his new entrance, new moves, all that was in the game before the character even debuted at Summerslam.

They literally took Bray's model and slapped new gear on it. The base model and the bulk of the mo-cap is what needs to be done well in advance. The Fiend was literally a different version of a wrestler who'd been in the series for multiple games. Comparing that with a guy who hasn't in nearly a decade is as apples and oranges as it gets.

I think we're all forgetting a common trait in all of these DLC rumors. The people who are being speculated about it, are all talking directly about it in public. Kind of odd, in a worst-kept-secret way here. Kairi talked about it, Punk talked about it, Dragon Lee talked about it, so they def know they're in, just working the audience for a moment to build (weak) suspense.

We also have to keep in mind that Punk returning at Survivor Series wasn’t something that just happened overnight and we have until august for the final pack. It might happen. I don’t think that video was just something random. Plus devs even hinted at it when they were asked about Punk

regardless im excited. the DLC looks like it may be fun this year and we might get a couple of surprises.

29 minutes ago, SaturnT3 said:

They literally took Bray's model and slapped new gear on it. The base model and the bulk of the mo-cap is what needs to be done well in advance. The Fiend was literally a different version of a wrestler who'd been in the series for multiple games. Comparing that with a guy who hasn't in nearly a decade is as apples and oranges as it gets.

And i didn't say they didn't take his model and slap new gear on it, i was saying that wasn't all they did, they mo-capped his new entrance, mo-capped his new moves, mo-capped his new mannerisms, it wasn't just a copy and past job. You even said the bulk of the mo-cap is what needs to be done well in advanced, and there was alot of new mo-capping that needed to be done for The Fiend, as well as record commentary lines for him.

All that making the base for 2K20 was unprecedented as well, alt or not, no one had ever made the base game that updated before.

Edited by J-man89

I don’t get the argument about his gear. He isn’t a new character. Just give him one of the many attires he used during his previous run. Very possible they scanned him at Survivor Series or down at the PC on one of his trips. Punk doesn’t need his Rumble gear just like Lesnar was put in 12 with his old gear and new tattoo. Punk for the most part looks exactly the same.

I think what people are trying to get at with Naomi is that they can just copy and paste her model from her last game. I don’t know how the specifics work but I’m sure they can if they wanted to like how Mia Yim and Candice LeRae were added.

1 minute ago, BestInTheWorld614 said:

I don’t get the argument about his gear. He isn’t a new character. Just give him one of the many attires he used during his previous run. Very possible they scanned him at Survivor Series or down at the PC on one of his trips. Punk doesn’t need his Rumble gear just like Lesnar was put in 12 with his old gear and new tattoo. Punk for the most part looks exactly the same.

I think what people are trying to get at with Naomi is that they can just copy and paste her model from her last game. I don’t know how the specifics work but I’m sure they can if they wanted to like how Mia Yim and Candice LeRae were added.

Exactly, the gear argument is dumb, they literally have almost all his old gear in caw mode as parts minus the stars, wouldn't take a whole lot of effort to make him some gear, the model is the most important thing.

24 minutes ago, BestInTheWorld614 said:

He quite literally would be a new character. It's easy to say "it's the same gear!" after he wrestled at the Rumble. The point is that they didn't know that until it happened. Punk might not have known in November.

And yeah, the point with Naomi is that they have a model they could use, like they did with Yim and LeRae last year. That wouldn't be the case with Punk, because he'd be new.

46 minutes ago, CROSS-Out said:

I need to at least hear what the DLC is before thinking of buying the game.

I’m wondering if any new moves video we might get tomorrow will even have all the new moves if the content creators had a bunch of locked superstars in the version they played. DLC would be the only possible saving grace if Nemesis’ new moves video is really most of what we’re getting. I would imagine they let Nemesis keep the video up this early because it wasn’t everything..