WWE 2K24: Finish Your Story (Official Info/Discussion Thread)

Jeb ★

Showcase isn't really compelling enough for its own day imo. A lot don’t seem like the slingshot tech they have but honestly even when there was animated cutscenes, you'd see them once and that was it, there wasn't anything really special about them and it's not like you could use them outside the mode itself. 

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Crazyjk4 said:

Showcase isn't really compelling enough for its own day imo. A lot don’t seem like the slingshot tech they have but honestly even when there was animated cutscenes, you'd see them once and that was it, there wasn't anything really special about them and it's not like you could use them outside the mode itself. 

My big criticism of Showcase used to be that it seemed like it must have sucked up a ton of time and resources in the old format. I still think it's silly to create a mode people don't really want to play when you could just create the content they do want (wrestlers, alts, arenas), but the slingshot tech seems to be a means of making the mode leaner as far as investment vs payoff. 

Trash showcase.

It's just cutscene footage with gameplay interspersed in and it's totally lame. 

Free tip for 2K: just let people unlock this stuff without a stupid forced mode that is a chore to beat. Maybe reward them via playing matches and accomplishing achievements (call them Wrestlemania Moments ™️) to unlock characters and arenas.

You want Andre the Giant from Mania 3? Slam a super heavyweight. Undertaker with maxed out stats? Beat him in a Wrestlemania arena after 3 finishers. 

It's not that hard...

1 hour ago, A N T I - said:

Yeah this imo confirms Punk as DLC, no other reason Punk would make this video if he's legit not in the game, seems like a marketing thing 2K is doing and gonna drop a bomb and surprise everyone with announcing Punk as DLC.

Edited by J-man89

Very interested to see how this plays out. If the marketing is "2K's feet are being held to the fire", they're setting themselves up to catch a lot of heat whenever someone debuts/returns too late to make the game. Just this year, Punk and Naomi both made their TV returns on the same show. I'm sure Stan Twitter already has their "So we're getting Naomi too, RIGHT?!" tweets in the drafts.

Edited by SaturnT3

3 minutes ago, SaturnT3 said:

Very interested to see how this plays out. If the marketing is "2K's feet are being held to the fire", they're setting themselves up to catch a lot of heat whenever someone debuts/returns too late to make the game. Just this year, Punk and Naomi both made their TV returns on the same show. I'm sure Stan Twitter already has there "So we're getting Naomi too, RIGHT?!" tweets in the drafts.

I mean Punk returned at Survivor Series not The Rumble, they had more time to squeeze him in as DLC. Sure his first televised match back was The Rumble, but 2K don't need a wrestler to have a match on tv before they can get you in the game. I think everyone should realize why Punk would make it and Naomi wouldn't.

9 minutes ago, J-man89 said:

I mean Punk returned at Survivor Series not The Rumble, they had more time to squeeze him in as DLC. Sure his first televised match back was The Rumble, but 2K don't need a wrestler to have a match on tv before they can get you in the game. I think everyone should realize why Punk would make it and Naomi wouldn't.

You and I both understand that Punk is a much bigger star. I'm talking about the optics. I promise, If Punk is in and Naomi isn't, the "Oh, they can squeeze in a crusty white dude but not a woman of color?!" rants are 100% coming. If you give the screaming toddler what they want, you're basically telling them to scream whenever they don't get what they want.

It also kind of highlights how DLC character packs = wrestlers being held back for DLC. Dragon Lee made his TV debut last April, but they just couldn't get him in the base game!

Edited by SaturnT3

14 minutes ago, SaturnT3 said:

You and I both understand that Punk is a much bigger star. I'm talking about the optics. I promise, If Punk is in and Naomi isn't, the "Oh, they can squeeze in a crusty white dude but not a woman of color?!" rants are 100% coming. If you give the screaming toddler what they want, you're basically telling them to scream whenever they don't get what they want.

It also kind of highlights how DLC character packs = wrestlers being held back for DLC. Dragon Lee made his TV debut last April, but they just couldn't get him in the base game!

Yeah i'm sure there will be some idiots, hopefully most have common sense though. They didn't even get Cody for 2K22, dudes a big name but he wasn't CM Punk level of a draw at the time or he may have got in as DLC.

Edited by J-man89

28 minutes ago, SaturnT3 said:

It has begun

1 hour ago, Golden Boy® said:

It has begun

God these people are so dumb i swear, do they think adding a wrestler in is as simple as adding some files in and calling it a day? There is a cutoff date, they need time to put them in the game, Naomi CLEARLY didn't return in time to be put in DLC.

If we're calling Survivor Series Punk's "return", are we expecting him in jeans and a t-shirt? If they do his Rumble attire, the "Naomi debuted too late!" argument isn't going to sit well with the people complaining. If anything, they went in with much more recent scans and mocap for her.

Calling it what it is, if Punk is DLC they moved the goalposts to get him in. I think that's a bad precedent to set, because from that point forward everyone is going to expect the goalposts to be moved for their favs.

31 minutes ago, SaturnT3 said:

If we're calling Survivor Series Punk's "return", are we expecting him in jeans and a t-shirt? If they do his Rumble attire, the "Naomi debuted too late!" argument isn't going to sit well with the people complaining. If anything, they went in with much more recent scans and mocap for her.

Calling it what it is, if Punk is DLC they moved the goalposts to get him in. I think that's a bad precedent to set, because from that point forward everyone is going to expect the goalposts to be moved for their favs.

Punk has gear, all he had to do was give them a set of his gear to scan, hell they've had his gear from previous games as caw parts for as long as he's been away from WWE, gear wouldn't be an issue. All they'd really have to do for his Rumble gear is recolor some gear thats in the game or recolor a set of gear he gave them to scan.

If Punk returned to the company at The Rumble like Naomi, he wouldn't be DLC, no matter what they wanted to do, wouldn't be possible. So its not like they're moving goalposts to get him in, he made it back in time to get in as DLC plain and simple.

And if he has his Rumble gear what of it? gears the easiest thing for them to add to the game, its not like  "Well if they can add Punk's Rumble gear in as DLC then Naomi should be as well!" two different things people, ones a an entire model with audio and stuff that needs to come with it, the other is a set of gear......

Edited by J-man89