WWE 2K24: Finish Your Story (Official Info/Discussion Thread)

Jeb ★

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, judas priest superstar said:

Better idea: don't preorder. 

2K uses FOMO to get people to pre-order sight unseen. I'd say, just let the streamers play it, watch the game,  wait for like 3 months for a small price drop, and THEN buy it. Make them earn your purchase, rather than just giving it to them with nothing earned.

I still pre-order out of tradition (been doing so since SYM) 

45 minutes ago, Glen Coco said:

Seriously? after how everyone talked about how bad those models was in 2k23? Julius himself talking about how inaccurate his physique was in the game to the point that 2K went in and updated it, and everyone talked about Brutus awful model.

They didn't even update their freaking gear.....

Edited by J-man89

13 minutes ago, Glen Coco said:

Watch we get Nikki ASH and Happy Corbin again lmfao shit like this pisses me off because how hard is it to fix/update these things? 

Yeah its ridiculously lazy on their part. Isn't Zelina still announced as Queen Zelina? coulda swore i saw that somewhere

Edited by J-man89

7 minutes ago, J-man89 said:

Yeah its ridiculously lazy on their part. Isn't Zelina still announced as Queen Zelina? coulda swore i saw that somewhere

I seen one video where the announcer called her Zelina Vega, maybe it was place holder but we'll have to wait a bit to see.

I'm usually not too bothered by "copy and pasting", since a lot of the time it's people who haven't really changed much in the last year. If anything, I think a lot of times they waste time/resources on updating things that are fine just to say it's "new". I'd much rather them fill in gaps that are missing. Speaking of, thrilled to see Gable has the Cliffhanger DDT this year.

I get more annoyed over outdated gimmicks and looks over repeated gears. It's annoying both ways but since most wrestlers change their gear each week or so wouldn't they be outdated anyways. If happens for more than one game or two like a Lita for example than I'd be more annoyed.

Edited by crazyjk4

10 minutes ago, SaturnT3 said:

I'm usually not too bothered by "copy and pasting", since a lot of the time it's people who haven't really changed much in the last year. If anything, I think a lot of times they waste time/resources on updating things that are fine just to say it's "new". I'd much rather them fill in gaps that are missing. Speaking of, thrilled to see Gable has the Cliffhanger DDT this year.

Yeah but The Creeds models was notoriously bad and made fun of from 2K23, Brutus looked so bad with the neck, Julius wasn;'t accurate either, they should've been corrected this time around. Its fine to copy and paste wrestlers who had perfectly fine models, but ffs update the ones that was bad and made fun of,.

3 minutes ago, crazyjk4 said:

I get more annoyed over outdated gimmicks and looks over repeated gears. It's annoying both ways but since most wrestlers change their gear each week or so wouldn't they be outdated anyways.

A different gimmick is one thing. I'm just saying I don't need different Rey Mysterio gear every year for the sake of it. He's still wearing gear with the same basic design as last year. I don't need a new color just so they can say they updated him. Dominik makes sense, as does JD. They look completely different. I think they should prioritize the things they update, and not worry about things that haven't really changed.

They do this with moves too, and I don't get it. The reason Fire Pro has such a wealth of moves is that they don't needlessly update things. They used the same Liger Bomb for years, and it was fine. Because they did it right the first time.

3 minutes ago, J-man89 said:

Yeah but The Creeds models was notoriously bad and made fun of from 2K23, Brutus looked so bad with the neck, Julius wasn;'t accurate either, they should've been corrected this time around. Its fine to copy and paste wrestlers who had perfectly fine models, but ffs update the ones that was bad and made fun of,.

That's kind of what I'm saying. They update a lot of big stars (needlessly, in my opinion) every year or two  simply because they're big stars when there are others who could use the love more. There are people we've already seen who were updated where I think that attention would have been more well spent on the Creeds.

Edited by SaturnT3

200 wrestlers isn't as grand as advertised when you consider the tradeoffs...that being, too much work to do and a whole lot of copy/paste jobs from year to year as we see here.

Personally I would rather see 100 good models with care vs 200 models, 50 of them marked as high priority,  50 marked as "we'll give it a go" and 100 marked as "just use last year's and call it a day".

Or maybe this is a good way to consider having a base game with a seasonal model of updates so characters get the proper care and work.  Just sayin'