WWE 2K24: Finish Your Story (Official Info/Discussion Thread)

Jeb ★

1 hour ago, BestInTheWorld614 said:

So is Cathy playable? Weird that they would show her in the creation suite if not.

Status kinda confirmed that she was

also wtf at Humberto getting the copy paste treatment. I was actually excited for him and angel to get updated 

IMG_5512.png

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, crazyjk4 said:

Inaccurate or bad movesets have been a thing in these games for years unfortunately, didn't they start giving a lot the wrestlers the same move back in like 17 or so? I remember a lot of people had a Michinoku Driver or a float over DDT.

Yeah, i’m surprised it’s hard to find someone who actually does accurate movesets. it’s like they paid their kids to look at 2 matches and told them to fill in the rest 

5 hours ago, Glen Coco said:

Status kinda confirmed that she was

also wtf at Humberto getting the copy paste treatment. I was actually excited for him and angel to get updated 

IMG_5512.png

there is a chance they will be lot guys get update after reveal but  i dont think they will they are jobbers

I’ll be looking forward to seeing the Create mode and whether or not women’s hairstyles got some much needed new additions this year. Not just one or two, but like….plenty….doubtful, but a man can dream.

i think it’s cool that Post Malone will have an ingame model because those usually come with some cool new moves that wouldn’t have been used by anyone otherwise to mocap it and get it in.

I love the soundtrack as well because I haven’t heard most of the songs. Much like last year with IDLES, you can’t go wrong with having Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs on the soundtrack, so I’m expecting every song to be a banger. Just about the only song that got annoying to listen to in 23 was that “No More Tears To Cry” song. This was legit like the first year that I didn’t care about the soundtrack and it might be my favorite one they’ve done yet because I like all the artists that I know of.

Sadly we won’t be getting a New Moves video anytime soon or hearing about the DLC presumably until the Roster Reveal is overwith. I still am not hype enough to purchase this game. Maybe the more we hear in the coming days, that can change.

5 hours ago, SaturnT3 said:

Well, this looks like the roadmap as far as NextMaker stuff. Interested to see where the roster reveal (presumabally from 2K directly?) falls. I'd think before all of this?

They are leaving everything until the final week? WTF

Most likely a sign they haven’t done a whole lot with those modes. 

I feel like this happens every year with 2k. Quality of life updates and one more notable thing and lots and lots of people get hugely hyped for it, then as the reveals (or lack of) get closer to the reveal date people start to realise that most of the updates are small quality of life things and that most game modes are exactly what they were the year before.

It was really noticeable with 22-23 as once they announced wargames all of the hype completely ground to a halt. 

This is the problem as discussed at length on here with yearly games I guess. It’s a shame, there’s a lot to like, if they just got rid of the stupid fighting pose no one does and the lock up before every single move these games could be right up there. 

Edited by Oscar22

I am just hoping they are the ones revealing those modes next week (IGN has a showcase on the 19th I think) then letting the content creators highlight them the week after 

Otherwise 2k marketing department deserves the sack

Still not hyped enough for a day 1 purchase and it's looking less and less likely but still enough interest for eventually getting the WM edition on sale and so there's that.

It's been a while where I feel it's a must have apart from nostalgia and tradition although this one has come close. I play these games often than most but not lots of hours/every day worth since 2K14!

13 hours ago, SaturnT3 said:

Well, this looks like the roadmap as far as NextMaker stuff. Interested to see where the roster reveal (presumabally from 2K directly?) falls. I'd think before all of this?

Does this mean we could see some new moves video on the 27th? 

If they go through the create a moveset mode?

When it comes to the roster reveals in the past, with WWE 2K22 and 2K23, I don't even remember how big the roster was from the jump as far as how many playable wrestlers the game starts out with. So far we have only seen less than 100 superstars for 2K24. The game being 200+ Superstars is one of the things that got me hyped about the game. I wanna know if they really are going to pick out a specific date where they release all 200 hundred and then day by day reveal their ratings. I really am hoping that they stick to the promise of giving us a large roster up front which doesn't include the DLC.

I figured more Superstars, more variety of things to choose from.

8 hours ago, Oscar22 said:

Most likely a sign they haven’t done a whole lot with those modes. 

I feel like this happens every year with 2k. Quality of life updates and one more notable thing and lots and lots of people get hugely hyped for it, then as the reveals (or lack of) get closer to the reveal date people start to realise that most of the updates are small quality of life things and that most game modes are exactly what they were the year before.

It was really noticeable with 22-23 as once they announced wargames all of the hype completely ground to a halt. 

This is the problem as discussed at length on here with yearly games I guess. It’s a shame, there’s a lot to like, if they just got rid of the stupid fighting pose no one does and the lock up before every single move these games could be right up there. 

See, I thought 2K23 was a significant improvement over 2K22. MyGM was more fleshed out, they added the rivalry actions to Universe, MyRise had a better flow and much better unlockables. The AI tendency customization was huge to me, and that was only broken because a YouTuber happened to mention that it would be cool to have it and he was like "Oh! That's in! Come here, I'll show you..."

Sometimes you get hung up on one specific feature, and if you don't get it you feel like "they didn't make any significant improvements". To be fair, I might have that opinion if I didn't get the stamina upgrades I was hoping for. If you look at what we've already seen objectively, I think what they're doing since the reboot laps what they were able to do before the reboot.

41 minutes ago, glennsoe said:

Does this mean we could see some new moves video on the 27th? 

If they go through the create a moveset mode?

I can't imagine someone doesn't put that video out, but it seems to be a lot of newer people at this one. I wouldn't be surprised if Assemble spent 100% of his time in Universe.

Just now, StillDriven said:

When it comes to the roster reveals in the past, with WWE 2K22 and 2K23, I don't even remember how big the roster was from the jump as far as how many playable wrestlers the game starts out with. So far we have only seen less than 100 superstars for 2K24. The game being 200+ Superstars is one of the things that got me hyped about the game. I wanna know if they really are going to pick out a specific date where they release all 200 hundred and then day by day reveal their ratings. I really am hoping that they stick to the promise of giving us a large roster up front which doesn't include the DLC.

I'm beginning to wonder if they got the roster number up so high by making every single model in the game a "playable wrestler". Maybe while they were opening up create a ref, they figured it you could just put every model in every category they'd get the most bang for the buck?

19 hours ago, Senex Beast said:

Well good thing you can change them all to your liking within minutes

Is this still possible on the base version of the game without DLC features?

I would happily move everyone into the 60-91 range like the good old days, but I also feel like ratings barely mean anything while playing 

Edited by liontamer*

18 minutes ago, liontamer* said:

Is this still possible on the base version of the game without DLC features?

I would happily move everyone into the 60-91 range like the good old days, but I also feel like ratings barely mean anything while playing 

I'm pretty sure it is

2 minutes ago, crazyjk4 said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/WWEGames/comments/1ata22j/just_a_heads_up_wwe_2k24_a_wrestler_must_be_85/

Seems like ratings will come into play with this change. I like it since now helps make the top stars stand out. 

That's actually something i did not know i needed

We got about two weeks for the most part until we can get our hands on WWE 2K24? I don't know about you guys, but this crap with dragging out the days to FINALLY give us the full roster is as agitating as waiting all day at the DMV.

This ain't working for me lol. I don't see how much more anticipation they wanna give us. Seriously we got 17 more days. I don't think there could be any more surprises left in the hat. I need at least 100+ more names to be dropped soon. I am so ready to go. I think the Pre-Order for 40 Years of Wrestlemania Edition has gone up in the top 10 at the Playstation Store since last week. Yo, developers, let's go let's go.

2 hours ago, StillDriven said:

My only concern is by 200+ this means multiples of superstars who could possibly just benefit from being alt. Attires, rather then another wrestler completely (I do get some of it)