WWE 2K24: Finish Your Story (Official Info/Discussion Thread)

Jeb ★

46 minutes ago, Senex Beast said:

Starts in the ring, have to go up the ramp and place an opponent on a stretcher in an ambulance parked next to the stage to drive off.

I really hope that is how the Ambulance match is gonna be in the game. I saw I preview of an ambulance match on Youtube and they had the Ambulance truck outside in the parking lot and away from the stage area.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I spent the past two weeks of my life coming up with creative ideas that I wanna do in the creation suite. So many story angles and ideas to explore lol. I work a stressful full time job in retail, so being able to escape off into a creative mind for WWE Universe can be pretty fun. It's our WWE Universe so might as well make it what we want lol.

Works sucks lol

Edited by StillDriven

1 hour ago, StillDriven said:

Andrade, Jade Cargill and CM Punk will be in their royal rumble matches with their ring attire and entrance music, therefore should I still hope that they will all be in the 2K24 game from the jump? 

Punk and Jade i think for sure, they've both been in WWE long enough to make the cut at least for DLC, Jade's been there months even before The Rumble, Punk's been back since Survivor Series. Andrade nah theres zero chance, he just came back and the game comes out in like a month.

2 hours ago, StillDriven said:

Andrade, Jade Cargill and CM Punk will be in their royal rumble matches with their ring attire and entrance music, therefore should I still hope that they will all be in the 2K24 game from the jump? 

All three (re)debuted less than 40 days before the game is releasing in early access. Maybe their timeline has changed since the reboot, but past precedent suggests they won't make the cut, even for DLC.

1 hour ago, Prof_Sunshine said:

The image of the Women's Royal Rumble Winner was meant with such negative reactions that they've deleted it since lol

They'll probably tweak it and try to fix it up, but yeah it looked pretty bad.

1 hour ago, Rekka_No_Ryo said:

Jade & Punk for DLC im thinking. I also hope that unlock feature actually unlocks everything, as I LOATHE myfaction exclusives and having to play through showcase mode to unlock stuff, the unlocker should unlock everything period. Its what your paying $ for. 

It won't if I had to guess. The language specifically says the unlocker unlocks Showcase Mode content. 

3 hours ago, Prof_Sunshine said:

The image of the Women's Royal Rumble Winner was meant with such negative reactions that they've deleted it since lol

Because that looked more like Bailey's ugly twin Billy 

7 hours ago, SaturnT3 said:

All three (re)debuted less than 40 days before the game is releasing in early access. Maybe their timeline has changed since the reboot, but past precedent suggests they won't make the cut, even for DLC.

Punk is far more likely because I'd imagine company mandate put him in as a must-do for DLC. Andrade has NO CHANCE. He just got here so there's a zero point zero chance he makes it in any way. Jade has been signed since October so if they fast-tracked her DLC and worked with her and her moves, entrance, then they can get that DLC out at the end too. Probably the Hell Froze Over DLC package if i'm guessing.

Anyone else a bit worried that the new outside dive on to multiple opponents feature is going to lead to more endless rollouts in multiman matches and the AI then going for the multiman dive, regardless of who it is, like Omos, Stone Cold, Gunther, Brock, etc going for endless multiman dives?

51 minutes ago, GuntherMark said:

Anyone else a bit worried that the new outside dive on to multiple opponents feature is going to lead to more endless rollouts in multiman matches and the AI then going for the multiman dive, regardless of who it is, like Omos, Stone Cold, Gunther, Brock, etc going for endless multiman dives?

No

3 hours ago, judas priest superstar said:

Punk is far more likely because I'd imagine company mandate put him in as a must-do for DLC. Andrade has NO CHANCE. He just got here so there's a zero point zero chance he makes it in any way. Jade has been signed since October so if they fast-tracked her DLC and worked with her and her moves, entrance, then they can get that DLC out at the end too. Probably the Hell Froze Over DLC package if i'm guessing.

If they're in, great. I'm just saying they've never managed to get someone in that quickly in the history of the series. I don't know that calling Punk "must-do" changes things. At best, I think maybe they fast track a new model for him with no new motions (like they did with Rousey recently). Cargill has been signed for a while, but they still didn't know what they were doing with her as far as presentation or her motions. For all we know, she'll have a new finisher. If we're calling it what it is, Punk and Andrade both made their in ring TV/PLE redebuts in the same match. If anything, they have more recent scans and mocap of Andrade. I'm not saying any of them WON'T be in. I'm just saying I'm not expecting it, because history shows they can't get someone in that quickly. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Edited by SaturnT3

3 hours ago, GuntherMark said:

My biggest concern is that if you go to do a dive and there are multiple people there it will default to a catch all plancha or something rather than the diving move in your moveset. I'm hoping it'll be more like the multiple rope springboard in War Games and less like the top of the cage dives. Even if they do have Andre programmed to do top rope dives onto piles, we can just edit his AI settings.

Punk wrestled in December and I’m sure they’ll have done everything they have to since Survivor Series to lay the groundwork for his inclusion. They got the Fiend’s entrance motion and moves in 2K20 three months after he debuted them at Summerslam, they can do it if they want to do it. 

13 minutes ago, GuntherMark said:

Punk wrestled in December and I’m sure they’ll have done everything they have to since Survivor Series to lay the groundwork for his inclusion. They got the Fiend’s entrance motion and moves in 2K20 three months after he debuted them at Summerslam, they can do it if they want to do it. 

Punk wrestled on a house show in plain black trunks in December. The Fiend wasn't a new inclusion. It was an alt of someone already in the game for years. It was also in 2K20, possibly the most unfinished wrestling game to ever get released. I'd like to think quality standards are a little higher these days.

Again, I'm not opposed to him being in or anything. I just think EXPECTING him is a recipe for disappointment. I'm keeping my expectations in check.

Adding some details to his attire is probably the easiest thing they can do. Adding animations the hardest, scanning the person is dependent but we know they were at the Rumble. My point is they have put the Fiend’s specific entrance animation and moves in to 2K20 on three months notice, they probably have at least six months to get CM Punk in the last DLC pack from yesterday assuming that’s when they scanned him, it’s easily doable. 

Edited by GuntherMark

1 hour ago, SaturnT3 said:

If they're in, great. I'm just saying they've never managed to get someone in that quickly in the history of the series.

The Fiend Bray Wyatt for 2K20 was one of the fastest turnarounds in history. Albeit because I think the dev team got the mask and entrance ahead of debut and were able to work with it relatively quickly to make day 1 DLC. Still amazing to think about. 

2K could do the same. Punk's been back since November. Enough time between then and now to get him in the studio, mocap his moves, his entrance animations, and get that far. Then obviously it's the rest of the things like PBP commentary from Cole and Graves, ring announcement from whomever is the ring announcer, and stuff.

What if they wrapped mocap in October? Again, 2K20 is a bad example of what they should do. The big problem with 2K20 was that they took on way more than they were capable of completing in the time they had to work with. It's not just about getting the scans and mocap done, either. All of that has to be processed, cleaned up, tested, etc. As I've said earlier, maybe how much they're already adding this year is a sign that the new foundation allows them to do things much more efficiently. I'm just saying we've seen no evidence that they can get anyone into the games that quickly. I think it's entirely possible Punk is a big selling point of 2K25 the way Cody was a big selling point of 2K23. 

It's also weird to me that people think it's too late to pull Vince and/or Brock. I'd imagine a removal is easier to do than an addition.