Official Royal Rumble Discussion Thread

Jeb ★

V4Di3XS.png
Date: 27 January 2024, 8 PMET/5 PMPT
Venue: Tropicana Field
Theme(s): The Black Keys - "Wild Child"

Men's Royal Rumble Match
30-Man Royal Rumble
Raw: CM Punk, Cody Rhodes, Damian Priest, Drew McIntyre, Gunther, Kofi Kingston, R-Truth, Shinsuke Nakamura
SmackDown: Austin Theory, Bobby Lashley, Carlito, Grayson Waller, Jimmy Uso, Santos Escobar
16 Competitors TBA
OcMAZos.jpg

Women's Royal Rumble Match
30-Woman Royal Rumble
Raw: Becky Lynch, Nia Jax
SmackDown: Bayley, Bianca Belair
26 Competitors TBA
nlyqLPN.jpg

Undisputed WWE Universal Championship Match
Fatal 4-Way Match
Randy Orton vs. Roman Reigns (c) vs. LA Knight vs. AJ Styles
KZuGUiq.jpg

United States Championship Match
Singles Match
Logan Paul (c) vs. Kevin Owens
mXCiwU4.jpg

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe Naomi. Maybe Andrade. Doubtful for the rest...especially Okada. - I think Okada is literally impossible due to his contract...I don't think it's officially up until after the Rumble. Not to mention, it seems more likely that he signs with AEW, if he hasn't already done so...

I would be overjoyed if Scarlett has an entry in the Women's Royal Rumble. Due to her injury in the past, she hasn't been able to wrestle. Overall Scarlett is great and I can just hope eventually she can be medically cleared to wrestle.

On 1/21/2024 at 4:52 PM, T-Hell said:

I'm positive to see AJ Lee for a one-off.

I also have a less positive hope to see Gail Kim. That would be so cool and I think it would mean a lot to the womens locker room.

Credit:pwinsider

Tidbits on some performers at the Royal Rumble

Sonya Deville, who has been on the tail end of recovering from her ACL surgery and has been at the WWE Performance Center, is expected to be at The Royal Rumble this Saturday.  One has to think if she's returning soon, a surprise Rumble appearance is the most dramatic way to go about it.

We've been asked a lot about Jade Cargill this week.  We are told that she's also expected to be at the PPV.  She's been regularly working out at the WWE PC.

We've also been asked a lot about Alexa Bliss.  We have not heard any rumblings of her appearing, but she lives in Florida, so it would be real easy to sneak her in at the last second if they chose - but again, we haven't heard anything definitive about her at all of late.

Credit pwinsider 

News on outside talents not expected at the rumble

Mercedes Mone was spotted today in Boston, MA, so she's not anywhere near Florida at the moment.  We are told that there's been zero discussion about her in WWE circles of late.  There are some in WWE who believe she is AEW-bound and others in WWE who are taking a "I won't believe she's not returning until she's somewhere else" stance.   But, she's not expected for the Rumble by anyone we've spoken with.

*Kazuchika Okada is currently being represented by Barry Bloom in negotiating his post-New Japan Pro Wrestling future.  Bloom was with Okada at Las Vegas for the TNA appearance a few weeks back.  We are told Okada has no future appearances set with TNA and that AEW is being seen as far more likely as his landing point than WWE.  There have been very little, if any, discussions between Okada's side and WWE we are told by a source familiar with the matter.  As I have said many times, Okada goes back many years with Matt and Nick Jackson from the time period in TNA where he was very much left to his own devices as a young star in a foreign country and The Jacksons took him under their wing and helped him.  Okada has been fiercely loyal to them since.  Tony Khan has always been a massive Okada fan as well.  So, all signs are that Okada is AEW's to lose

Edited by glennsoe

Is this Rumble only going to be a 4 match show? That be weird. I'm assuming they'll announce the fifth match later on Smackdown. Maybe something related to Dmg Ctrl or the women's tag team championships.

30 minutes ago, T-Hell said:

Is this Rumble only going to be a 4 match show? That be weird. I'm assuming they'll announce the fifth match later on Smackdown. Maybe something related to Dmg Ctrl or the women's tag team championships.

Rumble is always pretty light on matches.

There are TWO full 30 person rumbles, remember. Those matches can go over an hour each.

The #1 biggest thing that I am anticipating and hoping for at the Royal Rumble, is hearing entrance music I never heard before and Jade Cargill comes out as a Royal Rumble entry.

I feel like a lot of people have been anticipating her arrival. I know that she is still very new to the wrestling world around her but I feel like now would be the best time to get the ball rolling. I know that her mother passed away and that HHH doesn't want her to debut until she's ready but deep down I feel like she's got nothing to lose at this point. 

credit; pwinsider

Spoiler on a major surprice for the rumble ! 

WWE has a major interpromotional surprise set for the 2024 Women's Royal Rumble match, PWInsiderElite.com can exclusively confirm.

TNA Knockouts Champion Jordynne Grace will be competing in the match as a surprise.

PWInsider is told by WWE sources that the company and TNA came to an agreement on her appearance.

Grace will be billed as the Knockouts World Champion and according to a second WWE source familiar with tonight's production plans, she will have her TNA theme song and video graphics as part of her presentation.

Grace's appearance will be her WWE debut.  She is currently signed to a long-term deal with TNA, so this is not Grace jumping promotions.  It is WWE creating an outside the box moment to surprise the audience.

Last year, WWE had then-Knockouts Champion Mickie James in the Women's Rumble bout.

God damn it, I'm excited for this !!!!!!

Credit pwinsider 

PWInsiderElite.com has heard two names that been bounced around as potential surprises for tonight's Rumble matches:

*Bron Breakker is said to now be planned for the Men's Rumble match, with the idea that he would be replacing Brock Lesnar in the Rumble.  That doesn't mean his creative would be the 100% same as Lesnar's planned creative.

*For the Women's Rumble match, Tiffany Stratton is said to be in town to perform in that bout.

Obviously, creative can change up to the second the show is ongoing, but that is what he have heard thus far in regard to potential NXT surprises tonight

• Jeb ★ unpinned this topic