WHEN IT COMES TO CREATING A WRESTLER WHAT IS YOUR APPROACH?

FOR ME IT USUALLY COMES DOWN TO WHAT THE NAME WILL BE FIRST AND THEN GO FROM THERE, OFTEN TIMES I WILL ALREADY HAVE A CREATION IN MIND ESPECIALLY IF IT'S A CAW FROM THE PAST. BUT GOING THROUGH VARIOUS NAMES ALWAYS HELPS CREATE A CHARACTER AND THEN GO FROM THERE. I OFTEN WISH THEY WOULD GO BACK TO THE ORIGINAL FORMULA CONCEPT WITH BODY ADJUSTMENTS INSTEAD OF JUST GOING THROUGH TEMPLATES. I FIND THE TEMPLATES PART TO BE VERY LAZY AND OFTEN TIMES LEAVING WITH NOT MUCH TO GO WITH. PLUS LET'S BE HONEST WITHOUT THE CREATION COMMUNITY THIS GAME FRANCHISE WOULDN'T BE DOING SO VERY WELL AT ALL. HONESTLY I'VE SEEN CREATIONS THAT ARE BETTER LOOKING THAN THE MODELS ALREADY CREATED ESPECIALLY LEGENDS FROM THE PAST. 

Unfortunately this site has become less and less over the years. Most people just left sadly. The activity has drastic gone down. Most creators are on Twitt/X now #cawmunity seems to find a good chunk of great work.

Anyways, I can't make a CAW without making the face and fixing imperfections. If I can't get the face right, I'll most likely do it over. I find I'll base the attire off the face.

3 hours ago, Just B said:

Unfortunately this site has become less and less over the years. Most people just left sadly. The activity has drastic gone down. Most creators are on Twitt/X now #cawmunity seems to find a good chunk of great work.

Anyways, I can't make a CAW without making the face and fixing imperfections. If I can't get the face right, I'll most likely do it over. I find I'll base the attire off the face.

Yes, this is unfortunate. This was one my favorite forums to post creations on. I myself have moved onto Twitter/X as it's definitely more active there. 

Anyway, I usually start with creating the face texture in photoshop, which, usually ends up getting changed at least 4 times before I actually come up with something that I like. I then like to fix their name, name call, city, etc and choose their body. 

Once the basics are all done I move onto the attires.

Like JustB, I base the attire off the face. 

51 minutes ago, KingSolitaryWolf said:

Yes, this is unfortunate. This was one my favorite forums to post creations on. I myself have moved onto Twitter/X as it's definitely more active there. 

Anyway, I usually start with creating the face texture in photoshop, which, usually ends up getting changed at least 4 times before I actually come up with something that I like. I then like to fix their name, name call, city, etc and choose their body. 

Once the basics are all done I move onto the attires.

Like JustB, I base the attire off the face. 

i never messed with photoshop just wasn't my style figured to keep as authentic as possible, although i do admire those who use the Photoshop method always comes out looking top tier. 

4 hours ago, Just B said:

honestly i forgot i was even on here just got back on a month ago wasn't even sure i had an account on here to be honest so i was surprised that i still did even if my activity wasn't so much back then, figured now i try my best to keep the Spirit and love for CAW alive on here as long as possible. 

but um if i don't use the name idea i will too use the face to attire concept if need be. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/22/2023 at 6:08 PM, DrXtreme said:

FOR ME IT USUALLY COMES DOWN TO WHAT THE NAME WILL BE FIRST AND THEN GO FROM THERE, OFTEN TIMES I WILL ALREADY HAVE A CREATION IN MIND ESPECIALLY IF IT'S A CAW FROM THE PAST. BUT GOING THROUGH VARIOUS NAMES ALWAYS HELPS CREATE A CHARACTER AND THEN GO FROM THERE. I OFTEN WISH THEY WOULD GO BACK TO THE ORIGINAL FORMULA CONCEPT WITH BODY ADJUSTMENTS INSTEAD OF JUST GOING THROUGH TEMPLATES. I FIND THE TEMPLATES PART TO BE VERY LAZY AND OFTEN TIMES LEAVING WITH NOT MUCH TO GO WITH. PLUS LET'S BE HONEST WITHOUT THE CREATION COMMUNITY THIS GAME FRANCHISE WOULDN'T BE DOING SO VERY WELL AT ALL. HONESTLY I'VE SEEN CREATIONS THAT ARE BETTER LOOKING THAN THE MODELS ALREADY CREATED ESPECIALLY LEGENDS FROM THE PAST. 

It starts with a name or a gimmick for me.  This can hit me on a drive or in the middle of work.  Heck, I had a tag team in 2K22 called Office Party that consisted of two d-bags you can find causing problems in any office setting.  Their names were simply Jeff and Steve.  They even had the "Hello, my name is..." name tags. 

19 hours ago, WAO1048 said:

It starts with a name or a gimmick for me.  This can hit me on a drive or in the middle of work.  Heck, I had a tag team in 2K22 called Office Party that consisted of two d-bags you can find causing problems in any office setting.  Their names were simply Jeff and Steve.  They even had the "Hello, my name is..." name tags. 

nice approach. 

I try to make a good texture that matches the skin of who I'm aiming to bring to my game, and if it doesn't fully come out right I tend to use the in game designs to cover the face (like either the square of circle) for example to cover the face, match the color of the body, then lower the transparency to look to blend it as best as I can. 

Then over time I'll change the attire up and hair styles to keep up with what's going on. 

I still play older games too. So I'm able to take a texture that I downloaded back when the server was up. Then shape it to look like somebody completely different. I've surprised myself a few times with that technic. 

On 11/15/2023 at 4:16 PM, OPC 2023 said:

I try to make a good texture that matches the skin of who I'm aiming to bring to my game, and if it doesn't fully come out right I tend to use the in game designs to cover the face (like either the square of circle) for example to cover the face, match the color of the body, then lower the transparency to look to blend it as best as I can. 

Then over time I'll change the attire up and hair styles to keep up with what's going on. 

I still play older games too. So I'm able to take a texture that I downloaded back when the server was up. Then shape it to look like somebody completely different. I've surprised myself a few times with that technic. 

i try to do the same thing at least see if i can improve a previous CAW from one of the 2k's from the past often times they look better pending on how detailed the graphics end up. usually gets annoying when a name or item gets removed that help make a character, just gotta adapt i guess. the only annoying part with the new game is the announcer doesn't mention the names of the CAWS when they're a team i like to hear how a name sounds especially when it's put together, hopefully 2k24 they'll put that back in.