bhosuFF.jpg

Wardlow (c) vs. Christian Cage

TBS Championship
Singles Match 
tbje9q8.jpg 

Jade Cargill (c) vs. Taya Valkyrie

AEW International Championship 
21 Man Blackjack Battle Royal Match 
Orange Cassidy (c) vs. QT Marshall vs. Aaron Solo vs. Powerhouse Hobbs vs. et al.

Grudge Match
Six-Man Tag Team Match 
Ethan Page & The Gunns vs. Isiah Kassidy & The Hardys

Lots of gimmick matches. I don’t understand why the TNT title match HAD to be a ladder match. So forced.

Looking at the card, I think there’s a chance I’ll be skipping everything. No interest in Anarchy in the Arena since it’s so silly to me. No interest in the Unsanctioned match because it'll probably be your usual table/chair/kendo stunt fest. No interest in either of the women matches — poor builds. The work in the FTR will probably be good but the melodrama with Mark Briscoe is eye-rolling. The four way will have good moments involving MJF and Darby but it’s still a four-way involving two other talents who shouldn’t even be there. The rest of the card… not worthy of my words. hahaha

53 minutes ago, PaperThinWalls said:

Caster’s rap on House of Black was hilarious; all-timer right there. Hahaha.

That rap, Statlander dethroning Jade, and the stupid shenanigans of the main event were the only highlights for me. Rest of the show was SO bad. Not even a C event...more like a D+...(only a handful of things that kept it from being an absolute failure). Khan owes everyone who paid for that an apology.

Even the world title match was completely meh to me. Might try to rewatch that and give it another chance...but I was taken out of the flow by the constant forced cursing by everyone. It became distracting and unnatural...reminded me of when the Bucks used to say stupid shit in their matches at off times. 

Jericho v Cole was worse than I even imagined, that's impressive.

Also, did something happen at the annouce desk during that match? JR seemed to get hot early on.

47 minutes ago, Kman said:

Also, did something happen at the annouce desk during that match? JR seemed to get hot early on.

Def heard that. Was wondering if maybe a fan tried to get on the mic or something. What did he say "you get out of here" or "don't you dare" or something like that? Sounded like something happened that wasn't supposed to. For sure. - If it was just one of the guys in the match messing with the announce team, they would have shown it or elaborated further...but it seemed like it just happened and was passed right over.

Alot of weird booking decisions. Having Jades streak done to no real build up, taking the title off Jamie cause shes hurt but still making her wrestle, not putting the 4 pillars in the main event. 

Feel like tony's booking is like a m night Shyamalan movie just twists for the sake of being like you didn't see that coming!

5 minutes ago, Lunchbox said:

Feel like tony's booking is like a m night Shyamalan movie just twists for the sake of being like you didn't see that coming!

It truly is. (That, and shock value for the sake of shock value).

Whether it's unnecessary blood or curses, or whatever...there is always something just over the top and edgy for the sake of being edgy, which feels forced. 

Like Sabu being involved in the unsactioned felt forced, than he just left? Jay forgot he was a referee for most of the match. 

And the womens title match the better move would be for there to be a last minute replacement for Jamie and have Toni win a interim belt again so when Jamie does come back she has that angst against her for making her carrying a interim belt a second time. 

I'm still laughing at Jericho/Cole being an 'unsanctioned match' with AEW not being held responsible for what happens...and then they literally book the ending as Aubrey jumping in to stop Cole from beating Jericho senseless. - That was the ONE finish that you couldn't book, and you booked it that way.

Could have been pinned, counted out, submitted, or even knocked unconscious...but you didn't do any of that. You stopped the attack just because he wasn't defending himself. This shit isn't MMA. Lol. - The whole point of the unsanctioned rule was to allow for them to do things they wouldn't normally be allowed to do. - If they literally wanted to kill each other, AEW was supposed to allow it to happen.

Archived