Official Night of Champions 2023 Discussion Thread

Jeb ★

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fun show with some important changes that needed to happen. The future is looking good. 

This was one of those shows where I didn't have strong feelings about winners either way for most of the matches. Which I always think helps me just enjoy the ride and stop caring about the small things. I was going to be relatively fine no matter the outcome (of course, I didn't want Gunther or Rhea to even come close to losing...but the rest, yeah...I didn't have strong picks).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Man...I just keep having more positive thoughts about that event. I'm kinda ranting now. But, yeah...all of the women looked great in their custom gear (those attires will be very special pieces of history). - Zayn being able to honor his heritage in all the ways he was able to...just very special. It was a feel-good show from start to finish. Which, I wasn't really expecting. Between Backlash and this, WWE has grown so much better at honoring different cultures in recent times. Giving people like Zayn and Vega those moments is beyond amazing.

Oh yeah...on a final note, as underwhelming as the world title match was, it was really awesome to hear "and it is for the world heavyweight championship" again. I can definitely look forward to hearing more of that in the future. Now they just need to merge the WWE and Universal titles soon, and all will be a bit more organized and cohesive. 

I love how Roman was smiling during Sami’s entrance. Like you can interpret it as him laughing at Sami but you can tell he’s genuinely happy to see him represent in Saudi

Reigns has put on a masterclass portrayal of a paranoid schizophrenic. - All the shit he convinced himself was happening with Sami when it really wasn't...which ultimately manifested those same things happening for real. And then every little detail of him repeating those same mistakes when it came to the Usos. - Every little thing he did helped to create that divide and further increase the tension that otherwise wouldn't have existed. Not once, but twice. Completely blinded by hubris. 

Dude went from one of the corniest faces ever, to an absolutely undeniable legend of a heel. 

True cinema. 

It will be a huge thing when he eventually repeats the pattern with Solo and catches that smoke. 

• Jeb ★ changed the title to Official Night of Champions 2023 Discussion Thread
  • Jeb ★ unpinned this topic
15 hours ago, Generations said:

It will be a huge thing when he eventually repeats the pattern with Solo and catches that smoke.

I can't wait until Solo also snaps on him and spikes him. That's gonna be one hell of a segment.

Archived