Eddy Thorpe

*Dollar and a Dream Pack*
-----------------------------------
Dusty Rhodes
MJF
Shawn Michaels '90
Marty Jannetty '90
Ava Raine

I know it's unlikely. I just tried to predict a big new signing for 2024 that could go in there with Dusty to sell that pack. As for CM Punk, I really don't see a bigger money maker of a preorder superstar right now for a WWE game. That could change. Someone bigger could debut/return. Who? I have no idea right now. I really don't wanna see another case of 3 alternate attires for someone already in the game, like they did with Taker. 

36 minutes ago, glennsoe said:

Punk is the one last proven draw for wrestling. Would be massive to get him but not crossing my fingers to hard though. 

I've always felt the dude is massively overrated. There's more I want to say but I will leave it at that.

Edited by xphen0m

1 hour ago, xphen0m said:

I've always felt the dude is massively overrated. There's more I want to say but I will leave it at that.

Whether you find him overrated is entirely irrelevant. I don't give the slightest *Censored* about Bad Bunny but I recognize he's a draw, and Punk is the same for wrestling fans whether you like him or not.

18 hours ago, CROSS-Out said:

Whether you find him overrated is entirely irrelevant. I don't give the slightest *Censored* about Bad Bunny but I recognize he's a draw, and Punk is the same for wrestling fans whether you like him or not.

I don't believe he was ever the draw people made him out to be, but that's up for debate. Some think he is, there's some stuff to prove he's not the star his fans made him out to be. But again, that's up for debate.

It seems that AEW largely did the same business when Punk came in, that they did prior to him coming in. For instance, PPVs usually sold out, but the average Dynamite was only half full most weeks, same as they did. Including the editions he was advertised for. The last Dynamite he was at was only half full, All Out weekend 2022. His entire AEW run was a disappointment, IMO.

I mean...like.....AEW had what was supposed to be "one of the biggest stars" from the 2009-2013 era WWE and they STILL couldn't crack a 1.5 in ratings. The closest they ever got was the debut episode in 2019, as far as I know.

People thought Punk would overshadow Danielson, however in my opinion, Danielson was a FAR bigger deal over time for AEW than Punk ever was.

Edited by xphen0m

We'll see how much of a "draw" Bad Bunny is in regards to wrestling television next week. He'll be on Raw. I don't expect a significant bump. 

If you look at the numbers, the idea of Punk returning drew well. The reality of him being back, not so much. 

The games are another matter entirely, though. I think Kurt Angle (just for example) being back in the series probably did more for 2K23 than Angle returning to WWE (even if he could wrestle) would for WWE programming. There's a difference between who people want to watch in 2023 and who people want to play as in a video game in 2023.

11 hours ago, SaturnT3 said:

We'll see how much of a "draw" Bad Bunny is in regards to wrestling television next week. He'll be on Raw. I don't expect a significant bump. 

If you look at the numbers, the idea of Punk returning drew well. The reality of him being back, not so much. 

The games are another matter entirely, though. I think Kurt Angle (just for example) being back in the series probably did more for 2K23 than Angle returning to WWE (even if he could wrestle) would for WWE programming. There's a difference between who people want to watch in 2023 and who people want to play as in a video game in 2023.

I'm not Bad Bunny's fan or anything, but I've come to see he's legit one of the biggest artists out right now. I was at WrestleMania and just his appearance and involvement got one of the biggest reactions of the night. No exaggerating. I was surprised. He seems to be extremely popular among Spanish speaking populations.

Punk's initial return got a bump, somewhat. But other than that? Not much happened. I was at the First Dance and I turned to my GF and said "I give this shit a year and he's gone."

Low and behold.

Edited by xphen0m