Official WrestleMania 39 Discussion Thread

Jeb ★

Pretty disappointed. The days of Bruno and hogan holding the title for 10,000 days are gone. I used to get frustrated seeing hhh or Cena back in the day hold it for what seemed like forever.  To me it just gets old. Rinse and repeat.

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mean, there’s a thing called momentum and stories having natural beats. lol Of course, things could change and maybe there’s one more extra beat worth exploring and if that happens, I’ll stand corrected. But as of now, I think they missed their shot here and think it’ll be difficult to recapture the magic. Not impossible but very difficult.

6 minutes ago, PaperThinWalls said:

I mean, there’s a thing called momentum and stories having natural beats. lol Of course, things could change and maybe there’s one more extra beat worth exploring and if that happens, I’ll stand corrected. But as of now, I think they missed their shot here and think it’ll be difficult to recapture the magic. Not impossible but very difficult.

Not for WWE it’s not. Lol This isn’t some hole in a wall. 

5 minutes ago, PaperThinWalls said:

I agree. What now have Roman drop it at a lesser ppv then it will mean less.  It will lose its flair. Been building this Cody story for a year and to drop it at a lesser ppv would lose the significance. Tonight at the grandest stage of them all is when it should have happens.  Maybe a big summerslam build but who knows.  

6 minutes ago, black_machismo said:

There's no other event if Roman will lose the belts but Summerslam. 2nd biggest event for WWE but still Cody should have won earlier. We'll just have to wait and see what they come up with.

Hoping RAW after mania tomorrow will be good with surprises.

Even know he’ll maybe win it at a lesser ppv.  He should hold it till next mania and beat Roman to retain it like Roman did this year. But who knows.  

Having them lose everything seemingly overnight wouldn't have made sense.

With The Usos losing the Undisputed Tag Team Championships yesterday, which Roman will be furious about, this storyline is far from over. The Bloodline has JUST started to show signs of being fractured, but aren't fully broken.

Plus, it looks like Cody just gained allies in Sami and KO who are on a mission to takedown The Bloodline. Together they can finally do something no one's been able to do against them, which is even the odds.

Again, this storyline is far from over, and it'll be a very long time til we see another storyline/reign like this, so I'm just gonna enjoy it while I can.

Well to be fair WWE does this all the time. Break our hearts because this wrestler did not get the win but as the story progress it becomes clearer and clearer that they made the right decision. I am sad Cody did not win because I'm rooting for him but we'll see how the story unfolds as the days pass by.

But for Asuka's match. Don't know why Bianca won that. Hope the crowd does not turn on her like how John Cena was in the past.

Great show. IC match was unbelievable.

And well.. by constant cheats and interferences I would be the unbeatable tribal chief as well.. like come on. I guess they want to surpass the thousand days bullshit and then make him lose to Cody at Summerslam or something. The only other potential guy I could see ending Roman at this point is Gunther. I could see him pursuing the world championships as soon as he loses the IC title.

And yeah, I agree, no L.A. Knight was almost insulting.

Also, if Charlotte gets drafted to Raw and is the one to beat Bianca I swear to god..

Okay, what is the story moving forward?

Cody leaving and building himself up again is literally the story, you dont need to have him lose here to build up a story fans can get behind...they showed you they did.
Like this was the story that could have found its climax at WM with him winning.
Now you have lost the momentum, maybe not fully...but the momentum with him wont be what it was.
Building him up another year, wont change that the initial momentum is gone.

And what is with Reigns? Like where do you go from here?
There is nobody big enough to challenge him and be a challenge.
Nobody has the momentum enough and i doubt you can build one up that is big enough.
Because you either continue have him champion till WM40 which sounds boring as hell and i doubt the impact of him losing the title there would be what it could have been with Cody.
Or you take the title away at Summerslam or so...also losing a lot of hype because you focus too much on the whole Record breaking thing, so have him lose at anything but WM will feel like a downgrade.

Im really not sure what the plan here is, this feels so much more like a Vince move than some super smart long term booking.
But we will see.

I missed night 2, I came down with Covid during the day and just before WM started my rabbit started to unexpectedly give birth and died just after. I tried to watch it after sorting everything out but couldn't keep focus or enjoy it, so I knocked it off. I think I might be glad I missed it now, sounds like night two was a goof fest. I'll probably watch it tonight though. 

7 hours ago, Ayatollah said:

Having them lose everything seemingly overnight wouldn't have made sense.

Why not? The collapse doesn’t have to be incremental. It can be swift too. And honestly, as of right now, that seems to be the better option to me because we’ve already gotten plenty in-fighting in the Bloodline where the power dynamics strongly favors Roman because he’s the champ.

But what if no one was a champ after the weekend? Suddenly everyone (at least in terms of championship status) is on even ground. Of course, Roman would find a way to regain his power status really quick but for a small window of time we would have them equally grouped as losers after a bad weekend.

That story beat where they’re all equal as losers is more interesting and enticing to me than what we’ll get tonight which only the Usos are the losers.

^ Man, that made me tear up, poor kid.

IC match was insane, was genuinely hyped watching it. Bravo.

Cody v Roman was great, the end was heartbreaking as it felt time. Guess Romans going to be champ for another year, seems weird to have him drop it unless it's at Wrestlemania. 

I don’t think Solo has a chance. That’ll be years away first off. And two, even though he’s good, he’s not main event level good (and personally, I don’t think he’ll ever be main event level good). And the guy who beats Roman eventually HAS to be main event level good.

• Jeb ★ unpinned this topic

Archived