Official WrestleMania 39 Discussion Thread

Jeb ★

7 hours ago, snakebiteSB said:

If Muta goes into the HOF, I wonder if he'd want Sting to induct him. 

Credit:pwinsider 

Ric Flair will be inducting Muta into the 2023 WWE Hall of Fame Class on 3/31 in Los Angeles, CA.

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They’ve done a really poor job building both of the women’s title matches. Both are so heatless and dull. And now it’s too late to juice them up. Charlotte is a boring, lifeless babyface. Rhea is too busy goofing off with Dom and Judgment Day. Bianca is extremely stale and has regressed to being a generic smiling babyface that WWE loves so much. And Asuka, despite the new look, is still basically the whacky cartoon character that they’ve pigeonholed her as. They’ve really dropped the ball on these feuds.

I don’t get why they do that. It’s so ineffective to build matches like that. They should have just made Asuka a no nonsense, mean-mugging heel who has slight psychotic bent to her and have Bianca be the determined babyface champ too busy to smile and skip around because she finally has a formidable opponent presented to her.

Credit:pwinsider - HOF news

The late, great Andy Kaufman will be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame next week, Variety reported today.

PWInsider.com can confirm we heard Kaufman's name last week and had been trying to confirm with multiple sources.

Kaufman's angle and storyline with Jerry Lawler in Memphis Wrestling was one of the greatest celebrity tie-ins with professional wrestling of all time, including Kaufman selling so well after a Lawler piledriver that he remained in traction in a local hospital for three days to milk the headlines and exposure.  Kaufman being slapped by Lawler on The David Letterman Show before exploding into an insane string of expletives remains a masssively talked about TV moment.

Kaufman, who loved professional wrestling with all his heart, passed away of lung cancer in 1984 and remains a beloved comedic figure.  Lawler played himself in the excellent Kaufman biopic Man On The Moon starring Jim Carrey.  There is no word yet who will induct Kaufman.

PWInsider.com can confirm there is one more name still to be announced for the Hall

Honestly...I see Mania going one of two ways.

1) The obvious route of KO and Sami winning the tag titles, and Cody winning the world titles.

2) KO and Sami don't win the tag titles on night 1. Then KO costs Cody the world title on night 2 and KO joins the bloodline.

KO has been doing the face thing lately, almost to an obnoxious extent. So, it makes me feel like he's just stringing Sami along before something happens. It just feels weird right now...and Owens is a master of storytelling, so he doesn't really do things that feel weird unless it's intentional.

Credit:pwinsider 

The final WWE Hall of Fame 2023 Class member this year is the late Tim White, who will become the first former referee recognized by the company in their Hall of Fame as this year's Warrior Award recipient.

White, who spent decades refereeing for WWE before a shoulder injury led to his retirement and shift into working behind the scenes as a road agent

On 3/26/2023 at 1:25 AM, Generations said:

Honestly...I see Mania going one of two ways.

1) The obvious route of KO and Sami winning the tag titles, and Cody winning the world titles.

2) KO and Sami don't win the tag titles on night 1. Then KO costs Cody the world title on night 2 and KO joins the bloodline.

KO has been doing the face thing lately, almost to an obnoxious extent. So, it makes me feel like he's just stringing Sami along before something happens. It just feels weird right now...and Owens is a master of storytelling, so he doesn't really do things that feel weird unless it's intentional.

# 2 is Russo and Tony Khan booking style..

Archived