Official WWE 2K23 Info/Discussion Thread

Jeb ★

56 minutes ago, SaturnT3 said:

I went back to the rapid + hold kickout method, and I think it leads to more big AI kickouts. If you're an old school fan that never wants finishers kicked out of, I'd recommend the new timed method for AI vs AI matches. The AI doesn't seem to be able to kick out of a finisher with that method.

I've had t he AI kick out of finishers with the new pin system. However, it's FAR less frequent than it happened in 2K22, which is a great thing.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man...my copy is supposed to get here at 4:30 now. -  Had a tentative time of 1pm last time I checked...but got moved a few hours later. Also, there's a snow storm currently. So...just better get here at some point. Gonna be pissed if they say "couldn't deliver because of snow" and I have to wait another day.

Anyone else can't get into the new pin system? The idea of it is fantastic and I completely understand the thought behind it, but there is basically no line between way too easy kickouts and batshit insanely small bars that go left and right like crazy and you have 2 tries max until it's 3.

It just doesn't work that well.

Playing around with the AI tendencies, took a little while but set most peoples instant recovery value to 0 and toned it down for the people I kept it on. Does anyone know what moves are counted as "Environmental Stikes"? 

Just tested turning Environmental Grapple to 0 on someone and the AI didn't do a single carry move to me in the match, so gonna turn that off for most people, and keep it low for the others too. 

Can't wait until people really dive into these AI settings and come out with ideal settings for everyone.

Edited by GuntherMark

Got my copy. Installing now.

Glad I checked the install progress, because apparently the disc has both a Xbox One and Series X/S versions on it. - I thought it was only the Series X version. It was installing the Xbox One version first and had the X/S version queued. Glad I saw that before I waited all that extra time for the One version to install. Would have been pissed. Lol

Everyone’s moveset is moves they do and moves that looks similar to what their signature moves might be. It would be way better if they went back to basic moves according to fighting style mixed with unique moves a wrestler actually does.

It would be nice to see them hire one of you guys that knows your way around movesets and does it as a hobby.

Edited by NiceTwice

I could've fixed these movesets years ago. And got them on track. They dont care.  They are well aware of my Moveset Database.  They are well aware that i've been making extremely accurate movesets and taking detailed moveset notes for a decade. 

Well they had Righteous do the 2k22 sets. And they got even worse. The guy has been churning out a million terribly inaccurate movesets that he bases on top moves videos for about a decade now. He's obviously clueless when it comes to movesets. 

But he's the face of moveset creators unfortunately. Because when u make bad movesets, you don't need to take time on them.

The less time you spend on making a moveset, the more time you have to make another.  Ppl want quantity not quality. 

Have to say, some of the showcase objectives are infuriating, im doing the taker/Cena match… it wants me to do a combo breaker… and Cena isn’t throwing any combos - he’s doing heavy strikes on turnbuckles and Irish whips  So I can’t break his combo. Meaning I’m just sort of picking him up and letting him hit me in the hope that he goes for a combo, and he isn’t so now we’re just sort of in purgatory unable to move on 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by Oscar22

4 minutes ago, Golden Boy® said:

You and being negative

I suppose I should worship the ground they walk and fellate them while begging them for the opportunity to give them more money on overpriced garbage like DLC that barely adds anything, would that satisfy you? Im not going to kiss their asses when I see problems. Don't like it, feel free to put me on ignore. I'm trying to be nicer, that doesn't mean im going to pretend everything is hunky dory.

I do find it hilarious because a few years ago any time I liked something some of the same people who dislike me for being "negative" called me a white knight.

Edited by CROSS-Out

12 minutes ago, Oscar22 said:

Have to say, some of the showcase objectives are infuriating, im doing the taker/Cena match… it wants me to do a combo breaker… and Cena isn’t throwing any combos - he’s doing heavy strikes on turnbuckles and Irish whips  So I can’t break his combo. Meaning I’m just sort of picking him up and letting him hit me in the hope that he goes for a combo, and he isn’t so now we’re just sort of in purgatory unable to move on 🤷🏻‍♂️

Yeah, Showcase is high on my list of things I'd love to go away. I think I'm more annoyed by it because they sell you something that's supposed to unlock "all legends available at launch" and it just...doesn't. That aside, it just isn't fun to play. It'd be one thing if it was simply a gauntlet where you had to win the matches, but if you want everything you have to do the spots they call to you. On top of that, they've reverted back to making you play the matches in a set order, and unlocking the next match by beating the previous one. If you have to go to those lengths to push people into playing a mode, deep down you know it's not a good mode. I'm still waiting on that mountain of obscure alumni Showcase returning was supposed to bring. This is the fourth Showcase since they brought it back. It's brought back zero obscure alumni.

13 minutes ago, CROSS-Out said:

I suppose I should worship the ground they walk and fellate them while begging them for the opportunity to give them more money on overpriced garbage like DLC that barely adds anything, would that satisfy you? Im not going to kiss their asses when I see problems. Don't like it, feel free to put me on ignore. I'm trying to be nicer, that doesn't mean im going to pretend everything is hunky dory.

I do find it hilarious because a few years ago any time I liked something some of the same people who dislike me for being "negative" called me a white knight.

No one is asking you to kiss a** but go back 5 pages in this thread and tell me one positive thing you said about this game, hell you had 3 back to back to back posts of you complaining EVEN BEFORE YOU PLAYED IT. Genuinely think you are just trying tk be edgy and sound different 

Just now, Golden Boy® said:

No one is asking you to kiss a** but go back 5 pages in this thread and tell me one positive thing you said about this game, hell you had 3 back to back to back posts of you complaining EVEN BEFORE YOU PLAYED IT. Genuinely think you are just trying tk be edgy and sound different 

I complimented the use of frame rate to improve the gameplay, I complimented certain moves being given pin combos when they didn't have them before.

Seriously, put me on ignore if you don't like what i have to say. Either way, kiss my ass. I'm not going to worship the game because you happen to like it. I don't owe you or anyone a glowing review, if I see problems, im going to point them out.

Oh. My. God. The game is f'n ruined. How do I only notice that now?

It is currently impossible that someone who holds a championship comes out with his title to his normal entrance if it's not auto selected in the CAE mode. A champion can currently only have a special champion entrance when trying to make changes for which there are only limited available. I believe this is thanks to the new create an entrance mode that this is happening and which messed this up. Wtf man. That means nobody can simply come out with the title around his waist anymore to a normal entrance other than the one that is pre selected. As example a Karrion Kross can not come out to his black and white entrance, he comes out to a generic championship entrance when he is champion.

What is this, PS2 era? Holy shit how did they mess this up? This honestly MASSIVELY reduces my hype around the game and continuing the Universe mode..

Most people have their normal entrance selected in the CAE mode, so they actually come out with it normally, but you can't change them to any other normal title entrance, like Sami heel to Sami face or Lashley 2 to Lashley 1, and some wrestler like Karrion Kross who I mentioned, doesn't even have his one selected by default, so there is no chance of giving it to him.

Also, this concerns every single CAW you guys makes. None of them will be able to choose a normal entrance for their title entrance. Only from the hand full of special title entrances.

Edited by CM_EDGE

1 minute ago, A N T I - said:

I finally got a Japanese face to look halfway decent in caw mode this year. Looks incredible in game!

Which combo did you use? I'm probably going to make one of my japanese originals as my third or fourth so knowing which ones look really good would be super helpful.

One compliment I can absolutely give this game is sweat. It may have taken them a couple years but goddamn did they ever get it right on CAWs this time. Especially dark skinned CAWs, it looks incredible!

the pinning system is one of the most awful ever they came up with in the whole series until now.

Most of all it seems to intentionaly not budging against certain competitors even if you clearly hit in the middle of the highest green bar possible or it is bugged and laggy.

Had tested the superstar universe mode for a couple of matches and everytime charlotte pinned me it was done because no matter how often I hit directly the bar to free myself it was ignored and I got pinned. When I was fighting xia li I got out of it 3 times without problems and I even defeated her.

Seriously don't understand WHY they had to change it again and most of all why use t he R3 button for it. It's just stupid.

Im mid match so I can't check but I don't believe Ludwig Kaisers snapmare penalty kick is listed as new, but it is very clearly new; and looks fantastic! It would work fantastically for a Shibata caw.

1 hour ago, CROSS-Out said:

I complimented the use of frame rate to improve the gameplay, I complimented certain moves being given pin combos when they didn't have them before.

Seriously, put me on ignore if you don't like what i have to say. Either way, kiss my ass. I'm not going to worship the game because you happen to like it. I don't owe you or anyone a glowing review, if I see problems, im going to point them out.

All this over a video game? Forget the game dude you need therapy