Official WWE 2K23 Info/Discussion Thread

Jeb ★

Until the day that I know they brought in Adam Ryland as a consultant, I don’t know if I’ll ever think Universe and GM Mode are all they can be. For now, I play GM mode once (with the fewest amount of weeks) and never again. And I set up my Universe and everything, just to get bored of the concept after a week because there isn’t much going on. They seemingly don’t know how to keep a feud going without having two superstars face eachother or interfere in the other’s match every week. Maybe choosing your own cutscenes will work, but I dunno, I’m skeptical still.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't really dived into Universe since 2K18 but these new changes are definitely gonna have me give it another shot. Depending on how effective some of these changes are to Universe, the AI, etc, 2K23 is looking a bit more like a solid update and not just a new coat of paint + roster update, didn't really expect that after the first bit of info we got when it seemed like all we were getting was War Games

1 hour ago, A N T I - said:

Until the day that I know they brought in Adam Ryland as a consultant, I don’t know if I’ll ever think Universe and GM Mode are all they can be. For now, I play GM mode once (with the fewest amount of weeks) and never again. And I set up my Universe and everything, just to get bored of the concept after a week because there isn’t much going on. They seemingly don’t know how to keep a feud going without having two superstars face eachother or interfere in the other’s match every week. Maybe choosing your own cutscenes will work, but I dunno, I’m skeptical still.

Oh goodness no! Not Adam Ryland! Don't wish that tracheary on us, please!

I was trying to finally start/finish the male MyFaction because I never was about to complete it after my save corrupted, but I got hit with the infinite loading screen again for the 700th time, so I tried to do the delete and redownload trick again, and now it’s not letting me download it lol 2K really wants all my attention to be on 23 🤣

This vid has alot of info about 2K23 and the 2K series as a whole. This is an interview of a youtuber who was at the event and his thoughts on everything. His name is Nitro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vwWbH1x5C8

Things to note:

Tag Team finishers not being selected in Universe mode are fixed in 2K23.

Refs have been reworked and Nitro hints at 2K24 might having Ref AI Logic and special guest refs coming back.

Nitro personally told Jinks that locking attires behind Myfaction is a dumb thing to do. Jinks responded with a bs "two different teams" answer and that they would have to add commentary lines, entrances, and other stuff. Nitro had to brush the answer off.

There are no drafts in Universe mode, but Wargames is in albeit only in the three arenas. (SS, NXT, MyRise Unlockable)

Nitro throughout the vid keeps emphasizing that most of the things he seen were on a older build AND the day 1 patch can still completely break everything or add new stuff

Nitro says that with the Ai logic for superstars, you can do ALOT of stuff. With the combos, you can have it to where TOWARDS combos are your late match moves by setting it to 10 or 15. You can also make true jobbers by lowering all the defensive stuff (Blocks, Dodges, and Reversals). (edited)

Fatigue has been reworked. It seems more realistic where you can't just run around for 5 mins, get tired, and do it all over again. Damage is also tied to fatigue. You get beat up so much. You will notice a change.

Double Titles are not in Universe mode because 2K never thought about adding that back. Nitro theorized they could be still added in a future patch.

Liv Morgan's Oblivion can be used as a sig/finisher.

5 hours ago, BestInTheWorld614 said:

Not sure how I feel about the new system. I like playing with more surprise and random things to happen. I can see how this feature will be great for streamers or people who create/share their stories but for someone like me who just plays for fun I don’t need to choose when or what exactly will happen

Smh lol

I mean I see where Lynell is coming from. People treat/see character models as this easy thing to implement. First off, sculpting all those models under a deadline is no walk in the park. Second of all, they have to mocap a few moves per superstar, an entrance and victory motion, get commentary for the superstar, ring announcer lines for the superstar, crowd signs, you name it. It’s a whole situation just to get one person in the game proper, now multiply that by like 200. If MyFaction keeps making money, it means the team will grow and we will eventually get those models in the game proper. But for now, it’s just not possible if they’re gonna keep working on yearly releases to also work on MyFaction support all year as a full team.

It's a cop out, it's to incentivise playing the mode if that's the only place you can get those models and thus make you more likely to pay money to unlock them, etc. No one would care if they don't have proper entrance attires, or if say they put in Edge's Attitude Era look as an alternate attire for current Edge. Does it make sense he's got current Edge's stats or comes out to current Edge's theme? No, but it's an option for you, a reason to play the mode and be rewarded. 

But fine, maybe they've got minimum standards they want to maintain for models, I can almost go along with that, but you could at least put the unique attire parts in CAW so we can use them how we see fit.

They are leaving money on the table by not making those things usable in other modes. I feel like so many more people would want to play that mode and unlock those things, possibly spending actual money to do so, if you could. I know I'd actually play it if that was the case. 

28 minutes ago, Prof_Sunshine said:

They are leaving money on the table by not making those things usable in other modes. I feel like so many more people would want to play that mode and unlock those things, possibly spending actual money to do so, if you could. I know I'd actually play it if that was the case. 

Thats what i've always thought, those models are worthless in MyFaction only, why would anyone pay money to get a certain card if the model is locked in a not so fun mode that you don't wanna play? They'd make so much more money by unlocking the models if you get them from a pack, literally everyone that doesn't play that mode would be paying out money to try and unlock models.

They're beyond dumb keeping them locked inside MyFaction. And they can spin it however they want, the truth is they want them locked in there to push people to play it and buy packs, but they wont ever admit that. What the idiots don't realize is they could be making so much more money by making the models unlock for all modes.

Edited by J-man89

2 hours ago, A N T I - said:

You trolling? He’s developed the best booking sim bar none ever since we were kids. He would help Visual Concepts tremendously.

TEW, the 2020 edition being FAR more tedious than necessary? If he's involved (which will NEVER happen, ever) it needs to be simplified, big time.

TEW2010, 2013 and 2016 were my jam. 2020 made me back off of Ryland. I've thought about picking it back up when I have a chance, but the level of tediousness is a big turn off.

54 minutes ago, Oscar22 said:

Some stages removed, new stage props, unfortunately doesn’t look like there’s any changes outside of that - so no new rope, turnbuckle options, no different venue layouts etc. 

lots of stage props options... love it!

however....

STOP *censored*INING REMOVING ARENA TEMPLATES FOR *Censored* SAKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

is it me or are Kofi and Big E too dark in this game now? Or are they the same color as 2k22.....but just the lighting is borked this year?

and against all odds, they somehow made the mistake of not giving Dominik, wristape. 2 games in a row? They fixed it last minute last year if i recall?

3 minutes ago, xphen0m said:

TEW, the 2020 edition being FAR more tedious than necessary? If he's involved (which will NEVER happen, ever) it needs to be simplified, big time.

TEW2010, 2013 and 2016 were my jam. 2020 made me back off of Ryland. I've thought about picking it back up when I have a chance, but the level of tediousness is a big turn off.

Well, I’m sorry but that’s just a very fickle, very “what have you done for me lately?” attitude to have. I’m not asking for TEW as it is; I’m asking for those minds to collab and produce a WWE-licensed hybrid that everyone will love. If they ever collaborated on an update to GM and/or Universe mode, I think the fanbase would love the result. If it’s never gonna happen, I never wanna hear that “top minds” are working on GM Mode because he’s the top mind there is for it.

12 minutes ago, A N T I - said:

Well, I’m sorry but that’s just a very fickle, very “what have you done for me lately?” attitude to have. I’m not asking for TEW as it is; I’m asking for those minds to collab and produce a WWE-licensed hybrid that everyone will love. If they ever collaborated on an update to GM and/or Universe mode, I think the fanbase would love the result. If it’s never gonna happen, I never wanna hear that “top minds” are working on GM Mode because he’s the top mind there is for it.

lol

Well, I'm sorry to say that generally, what I mentioned about TEW2020 being too tedious is the usual consensus I come across, and have to agree with. Sorry, I don't agree with you and if that makes me "fickle" in your eyes, I'll be the most fickle person in your life.

Now, that said, while it is never going to happen especially as it seems Ryland may be winding down working on these games, if anyone tried anything Ryland did, it needs to be a simplified version to avoid alienating most fans.

Edited by xphen0m

1 hour ago, xphen0m said:

lol

Well, I'm sorry to say that generally, what I mentioned about TEW2020 being too tedious is the usual consensus I come across, and have to agree with. Sorry, I don't agree with you and if that makes me "fickle" in your eyes, I'll be the most fickle person in your life.

Now, that said, while it is never going to happen especially as it seems Ryland may be winding down working on these games, if anyone tried anything Ryland did, it needs to be a simplified version to avoid alienating most fans.

Tbf I never played 2020 that I know of. I still play 2016 and, detailed as that was, I craved more detail so who knows, maybe I would love 2020. What didn’t you like about it? I mainly run either WWE or Stardom.. still, you can’t just say “he isn’t the guy….I love all his games except the last one though”…lol

Edited by A N T I -