Official WWE 2K23 Info/Discussion Thread

Jeb ★

Just saw all the new moves. See this is exactly why we need a New Moves Pack. Nothing stood out to me as something I could use as a joshi creator or even a legends creator if I wanted to go that route again. They played it very safe with the moves we got. After all that talk about how covid hampered things, I expected them to really go all out with the moves this year and we got nothing that screams all out to me. I’m not mad, just disappointed. I’m gonna check out the womens creation mode now and see what I’m up against there. 

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am extremely underwhelmed by the new moves and caw mode videos. Not only are the new moves a disappointment but a lot of them seem stupidly sped up and over exaggerated again.

Edited by CROSS-Out

1 hour ago, GuntherMark said:

This is absolutely game changing.

Holy shit so we can go in change all the grapplers and technical wrestlers strikes down to nothing, the combos down to nothing, and actually make each wrestler play how they wrestle irl. I can't wait to see how this translates to the gameplay when you make the changes.

Definitely gonna have to go into each wrestler whos not a striker and turn almost everyones combo tendency down to 0, blocking and dodge down to 0,  that'll be the first thing i have to do.

Edited by J-man89

9 minutes ago, J-man89 said:

Holy shit so we can go in change all the grapplers and technical wrestlers strikes down to nothing, the combos down to nothing, and actually make each wrestler play how they wrestle irl. I can't wait to see how this translates to the gameplay when you make the changes.

Definitely gonna have to go into each wrestler whos not a striker and turn almost everyones combo tendency down to 0, that'll be the first thing i have to do.

i wonder if the Environmental Grapple also effects Carry moves? Because they fixed the issue of the A.i constantly doing carry moves years go, by allowing us to turn the carry moves off. And then 2k22 reintroduced the problem. 

Im curious to see if these sliders actually work. Its still a band-aid to fix the gunshot wound of the awful gameplay. But at this point a bandaid will have to do i guess. Even tho its fixing problems that they manufactured. As we already were able to turn off combos, turn off dives etc (prior to 2k22). Now Omos still has to have combos and dives. U can just make the A.I not do them?

i feel like these ppl at Visual concepts no longer have a grasp on wtf they are doing with this game

Edited by eastcoastkody

new moves vid did nothing for me. 2k20 was the last game that got good new moves. specifically that DLC moves pack

lots of Creed brother,  Carmelo moves and womens moves mostly.  Little strange that they only bring back one of the removed rest holds. and its the Surfboard stretch? not a, idk CHINLOCK

Also a good bit are just new animations of moves we already have. Lethal Combination finally getting in is great. But thats just like 1 old requested move. Wheres the million or so other moves we've been waiting for, for legends or non-WWE stars

these new moves vids can't be everything. Because they barely showed any ground, seated, kneeling, corner, stunned against ropes, diving or top rope moves. no apron stuff. So maybe theres a bunch more?

9 minutes ago, eastcoastkody said:

i wonder if the Environmental Grapple also effects Carry moves? Because they fixed the issue of the A.i constantly doing carry moves years go, by allowing us to turn the carry moves off. And then 2k22 reintroduced the problem. 

Im curious to see if these sliders actually work. Its still a band-aid to fix the gunshot wound of the awful gameplay. But at this point a bandaid will have to do i guess. Even tho its fixing problems that they manufactured. As we already were able to turn off combos, turn off dives etc before. Now Omos still has to have combos and dives. U can just make the A.I not do them so much?

i feel like these ppl at Visual concepts no longer have a grasp on wtf they are doing with this game

God i hope so, i loath the carry moves and how often the AI does them.  If we can make everyone stop using the combo system, the blocking and dodging system and make them stop using carry moves every other second, this is a huge gameplay improvement.

Just dying to see how this actually looks in the gameplay once you've made all the adjustments. Cause legit now the first thing once the game loads up i have to do is go into everyone's sliders from top to bottom and do all this, which is annoying but if it fixes the gameplay its worth it.

The fact there is no buckshot lariat in that video especially pisses me off. LP, much as I hate his guts, has been doing that move for a friggin year. There is no excuse to not include it.