Official WWE 2K23 Info/Discussion Thread

Jeb ★

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, SaturnT3 said:

Lita definitely doesn't look good, but the overreactions are kind of funny to me. Not defending them by any stretch, this is "Molly Holly" in 2K20 bad. I just think it's funny that people are acting like Lita not having an accurate (probably for copyright reasons) shirt means the whole game is going to be a disaster. I wouldn't expect another version of her unless it's a manager, and even that is a stretch. If they have another version of Lita, I can't imagine them posting this one in the marketing.

Yeah people really do tend go overboard when it comes to these games, yeah the Lita model is bad and the attire being the same is kinda lazy, but saying the whole game is trash/ it'll suck, or that they are canceling their pre orders is eye rolling when really I bet most or half probably don't even play as Lita much if at all  and even if they do, you're not getting the game because of one bad model when we have had far worse before.

35 minutes ago, J-man89 said:

thats-ridiculous-man-reginald-june.gif

Lita's wore hundreds of different attires over her career and its that attire they use over and over again, i don't get it.

One of the easiest attires for them to make would be this one and still the couldn't be bothered. Q5BST7O4GZB3VG4TEKCLFTQDAQ.jpg

I think the double edged sword with attires is that whichever one they choose people will always complain it's the "wrong" one. We just saw this with the Bellas. People have been clamoring for "updated" alumni, but when 2K showed modern Royal Rumble Bellas people complained about their (accurate) hair. They liked their old hair better. I wouldn't be surprised if they aren't phased by the complaints because they probably expected complaints no matter what they did. 

Last year, Karrion Kross along with Scarlett made their return to WWE on the August 5th episode of Friday Night SmackDown. Since then, Kross competes on WWE television but Scarlett wrestled only a few times.

On Monday, 2K announced 186 playable superstars for the WWE 2K23 roster including Scarlett. You can see the full roster of the game by clicking here. However, as of now, she was removed from the roster and listed as a manager.

Later, 2K issued a statement and gave the reason for her removal.

“Scarlett will be available in WWE 2K23 as a manager – managers are not featured on the roster which is why she is not on the list.”

2K also made a few notable changes to the roster. Angel Garza and Humberto Carillo’s last names were removed from the game and they have been renamed Angel and Humberto. Mace and Mansoor’s names are now changed to MA.CE” and “MAN.SOOR in the game

7 hours ago, Bushy. said:

6AFE5325-07E6-4513-8AC5-68AC47876E1E.jpeg

The Disrespect is insane.
Like she had dozens of great attires, you could have gone with a modern look when she came back and all.
Why are they this god damn lazy with her?

3 hours ago, Mr.Dreadful said:

yeah the Lita model looks strange. maybe the hair style throws her look off. the same attire is yes, lazy, but i mean, creating alt attires can fix that.

Which then wastes already limited caw space...great solution instead of them simply putting a tiny bit more work into it.
It doesnt kill people to push back at 2k/VC a little bit.
They can withstand some criticism.

Saw that Lita earlier and I agree with all of you it is sh*t. And why the hell they keep using that attire for her. And man that forehead, you could land an airplane on there.

I really hope they added the version of Lita when he managed Edge, if not I might not have any motivation to use Lita.

I don't know why they keep adding retro looks of the legends where they could add the modern day look for those who appeared recently like Lita and Trish. I was really hoping for a Lita with updated tattoos. And if they lock it again in myfaction. F*** 2K!

So if we're getting a 2003 Brock in the showcase, whats the big difference with 2002 OVW Brock from the Icon edition? Can't just be an attire difference, if i'm gonna be paying over $100 i better be getting more than an attire change with Lesnar, he better have exclusive moves or a different looking model.

I haven't seen Edge vs Cena at New Year's Revolution but Lita was quite active in the Summerslam match so surely they would be giving us a Lita to match her appearance then? It would be incredibly lazy and immersion breaking not to when they do the whole game to live action transitions?

I think for me I'm disappointed because custom attires kept crashing my Universe mode so that's not a solution, I predominantly use the women so I would use Lita a lot and also it's the whole taking her out of last years game to place her back in the next year with the same look, entrance except now they have an annoying ass HOF tron (which I detest). 

Also, why are some of the entrances looking like they've been weirdly sped up? I hope that's just the video and not how they will actually appear in game?

Gotta say i love the messy hair on the 2016 AJ model, really cool detail they included rather than sticking him with his current day hair and being lazy. The extra attention to detail they put in showcase models is great.

Also can we please get a version of his entrance hoodie that you can use on alt attires where he will remove the hood during his entrance? tired of every AJ alt attire having to use a entrance hoodie with it already down the whole entrance or keeping it up the whole entrance cause the model wont interact with it outside of the default model's hoodie.

Man i'm so pumped and excited to be getting this version of Edge

We've never had a proper 2006 Edge in the new games, that awful model from 2k20 was the only time he was attempted. Can't wait to see how they improved his 2006 model this time around.

And please god let them add back in Edge and Lita's entrance together.

2 hours ago, J-man89 said:

So if we're getting a 2003 Brock in the showcase, whats the big difference with 2002 OVW Brock from the Icon edition? Can't just be an attire difference, if i'm gonna be paying over $100 i better be getting more than an attire change with Lesnar, he better have exclusive moves or a different looking model.

OVW probably has a different entrance, slight  moveset difference (i.e. SSP as a finisher) and far lower stats  I figure