Official WWE 2K23 Info/Discussion Thread

Jeb ★

This game series is either designed weird or maybe the programmer just doesn’t fully understand what they’re working with because seems like every fix is tied to messing something up or removing another fixed thing.

I would say I hope they fix the jackets and titles glitch again but seems like one of those things that’ll get messed up again.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some pretty serious bugs no one is talking about that this latest patch caused is now almost all the time if you try and hit your standing front finisher it will always perform your behind finisher if you have one, also theres a second or two delay now when trying to hit your finisher from the front, it wont prompt you to hit it for like a second or two now. These are some pretty game breaking bugs imo.

51 minutes ago, J-man89 said:

Some pretty serious bugs no one is talking about that this latest patch caused is now almost all the time if you try and hit your standing front finisher it will always perform your behind finisher if you have one, also theres a second or two delay now when trying to hit your finisher from the front, it wont prompt you to hit it for like a second or two now. These are some pretty game breaking bugs imo.

Do you feel as of the bugs and glitches are very similar to 2K22 and happening to frequently? Or do you feel as of 2K23's problems are worse? I kinda want to know a bit more before I purchase it.

1 hour ago, JasonKortare said:

Do you feel as of the bugs and glitches are very similar to 2K22 and happening to frequently? Or do you feel as of 2K23's problems are worse? I kinda want to know a bit more before I purchase it.

2Ks bugs were maybe about equal for me but broke different aspects of the gameplay. The outside moonsault bug rendered an entire diving feature unusable, and the invisible wall on the right hand ropes made irish whips practically unusable as well.

2K23 in comparison right now makes standing finishers a nightmare to use. So really it depends which aspect of the gameplay you consider more important.

At least we can all agree, Universe mode is still a shitshow.

Months before WWE 2K23 came out, I remember posting a video of game developer Brian being interviewed and he made comments about how Universe Mode is basically going to be great and how it's basically gonna be up there with MyRise....I wasn't aware of Brian's old history of misleading the fans during previous 2K games so naturally I was sold right into it.

Overall I'm happy that the reviews of the game have been fairly well. 8/10 on the websites ain't bad. I will purchase the game eventually.

10 hours ago, J-man89 said:

on my game the finishers and sigs are fine without any delays

10 hours ago, JasonKortare said:

I wouldnt say worse, its more that they shifted to somewhere else.
Like some stuff is fixed, but then other stuff is stupidly broken for no real reason.

To me, surprisingly its less the bugs and glitches that are a problem and more stuff that is by design not working.
Its stuff like Title belts not going under jackets of caws, its stuff like one set of hair or beard not working with clothing yet other longer/bigger stuff working.

In General i would say that seems to be the problem mainly for most.
Outside of create an arena problems, i see very little bugs and glitches talk...its more the usual annoyance the community has for years.
The servers, the limitations in terms of slots and so on...but the game itself seems to run more solid for many.

Created Arenas that look better than the original arenas in the game is one of my FAVORITE aspects of the Creation Suite. Hopefully the creators won't come across any issues when putting together amazing arenas. To be honest, I think the created arenas in 2k22 were top of the line fantastic. One of the created arenas I had downloaded was the WWE vs WCW INVASION PPV.  🔥

Sig/finisher glitch is infuriating, hitting the button numerous times with nothing happening only for your opponent to just perform a move on you.

Does rope break on pins actually work? Everytime I’ve seen it used by me or the  AI the refs ignored it 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by Oscar22
Added question

47 minutes ago, Oscar22 said:

Sig/finisher glitch is infuriating, hitting the button numerous times with nothing happening only for your opponent to just perform a move on you.

Does rope break on pins actually work? Everytime I’ve seen it used by me or the  AI the refs ignored it 🤷🏻‍♂️

I remember two things that frustrated me during gameplay in 2K22 that I hope is not in 2K23.

1. When you pin your opponent and the Ref is running in place like he is on a treadmill and by the time he gets down to do the 3 count? Your opponent was able to kick out.

2. When you want to perform your 1st Finisher but instead it performs the 2nd one which is a submission move LOL

Edited by JasonKortare

Changing the subject real quick. I curiously want to know if the face templates off Community Creations has been really good. My favorite type of character persona that I like to create for my characters are the "Pretty Boy" who's handsome and thinks he's better than the rest. Kinda like a sexy boy Chris Masters type of gig. My only issue with 2k22 community creations is that a lot of the face templates I would see being uploaded did not look all that good lol. Perhaps this time around the game gives us some good original templates to use for Create A Superstar. 

ugggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh.

My Faction is the WORST thing to ever happen to this series. if things get locked to that mode AGAIN in 2K24, im out. im just *censored*ing done with this series. the its a small team working on MyFaction thing is such a bullshit excuse to. is that small team really out there doing scans and coding the new/alt models? if they are then there is no reason why they cant just code them to the entire game.

There's this one very small animation bug that's been around in both 2K22 and 2K23 that I don't see anyone else mention and sometimes I wonder if im just crazy. Basically any time you get a pin where it plays the "sitting beside your pinned opponent nodding your head" animation after, the opponent who was pinned shifts awkwardly away from the winner. Has anyone else noticed this at all?

----

Glad they fixed the finisher/signature delay, that was a rough one.

For next game they should åut some attention on the refs..

First and foremost the refs AI needs to be adressed, no more running for 5 secs before getting into position for a pin count.

Next they need to do something about the refs during the matches,usualy they just stand still and rarely move before they "have" to..

Lastly they HAVE to have a "create a ref mode".