Official WWE 2K23 Info/Discussion Thread

Jeb ★

Looking at who is in the DLC pack that releases next month, nothing really jumps out as far as a "unique move".  I'm thinking it might be a new way to perform a move rather than a type of move we don't currently have in the game. At first I thought he might have meant the next DLC pack and it would be something like Pretty Deadly's Fireman's Carry/Gutbuster double team done from the carry position or something, but it was streamed yesterday. Unless he misspoke, he's referring to a move for Ivy Nile, Tony D'Angelo, Trick Williams, Harley Race, or Wendy Choo. Interesting...

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if this new move position is similar or a more elaborate version of Liv Morgan’s corner facestomp, which can only be performed after she’s done her new corner catapult move. Basically a move that can only be attempted once another move is completed.

My other thought was a move to do with Wedny Choo sleeping in the ring, or using one of her props (pillow, sippy cup) to gain an advantage in the ring.

Are they ever gonna bother fixing the tag finisher not working in the corner until you strike the opponent once? I can't be the only one experiencing that.

I throw an opponent into my corner with my partner, i go to do our tag finisher and i don't see the prompt to do it, i gotta hit them once and then the prompt appears. I don't know how many times thats screwed me over and made tag matches even more frustrating.

Edited by J-man89

5 hours ago, J-man89 said:

Are they ever gonna bother fixing the tag finisher not working in the corner until you strike the opponent once? I can't be the only one experiencing that.

I throw an opponent into my corner with my partner, i go to do our tag finisher and i don't see the prompt to do it, i gotta hit them once and then the prompt appears. I don't know how many times thats screwed me over and made tag matches even more frustrating.

Ooooh, so that's what's happening in my tag matches? I was wondering why I rarely could hit my tag finishers.

On 5/10/2023 at 4:11 AM, CROSS-Out said:

As far as I can recall no game has had it, since the first introduction to create a belt, we have not been able to use single letters in its announcements.

Oh I thought 2K14 has that. Sorry about that.

Just checked they just have the abbreviated company names WWE own like ECW, AWA, FCW and etc. I might have mixed out the Wrestler Call names where we could use Single letters as call names.

5 hours ago, Souljask said:

Ooooh, so that's what's happening in my tag matches? I was wondering why I rarely could hit my tag finishers.

Yeah no ones really talked about that bug from what i can tell. Its incredibly frustrating, cause theres a high chance the AI reverses the strike. And you gotta always hit them once everytime to get the tag finisher prompt your to appear.

17 hours ago, glennsoe said:

Wouldn't mind that Bronson Reed model they made and scratced,...

Unique move? Sol Snatcher??

I'd love if they added Bronson. Can't see it though, as he'd be a new star to WWE games. Not like they'd make money on him holding off a year as he'd be in the base game. I don't understand why they never added him to the last DLC pack. 

I seen a few people say they think the unique move might be a dive onto multiple people. 

46 minutes ago, snakebiteSB said:

I seen a few people say they think the unique move might be a dive onto multiple people. 

What makes me think that isn't it is that he said it's something different in functionality. I'm taking that to mean the process by which the move is executed. Basically, I think it sounds like it'll be in its own category in CAM. Like giving Race a running sunset flip as the first running leverage pin or something.

I'd love to dive on multiple people, though. Especially if they were able to retroactively make the other dives work that way as well. The AI organically diving is one of my favorite gameplay upgrades.

Edited by SaturnT3

7 hours ago, snakebiteSB said:

I'd love if they added Bronson. Can't see it though, as he'd be a new star to WWE games. Not like they'd make money on him holding off a year as he'd be in the base game. I don't understand why they never added him to the last DLC pack. 

I think the dive onto multiple people will be in the next game 

On 5/11/2023 at 9:02 AM, J-man89 said:

As i always say, there are so many small and big issues in this game that should be addressed but barely anybody talks about.
And then we get Free Superstars and some fans act like we should fall to our knees and pray to 2k/VC for giving us free characters that should have been in the game day 1.

I long ago gave up on tag team matches because its little fun with the mechanics and the awful AI, but i would love to do more tag team stuff for sure.

Man...finally decided to suck it up and power through the weekly myfaction stuff with the ladder matches. After a whole lot of cursing over broken weapon physics, being unable to pick up or set up ladders, not climbing when I tell them to climb, and opponents constantly heat-seeking me specifically instead of attacking each other in the MitB match, I finally finished the ladder match tier...only to immediately be force-fed more ladder matches for the women. Seriously...who thought I wanted to play 10 goddamn broken ass ladder matches in a row? I'm losing my *censored*ing shit. At least there is no MitB for the women's tier...but triple threat is still pretty grating. Christ.

So...I get through two entire weekly towers of nothing but ladder matches, and I say NEVER AGAIN. - I go and look at the next tower, and it's a mixed bag. BUT...another ladder match, and a TLC. WHY?

Edited by Generations

On 5/10/2023 at 11:40 PM, GuntherMark said:

I wonder if this new move position is similar or a more elaborate version of Liv Morgan’s corner facestomp, which can only be performed after she’s done her new corner catapult move. Basically a move that can only be attempted once another move is completed.

My other thought was a move to do with Wedny Choo sleeping in the ring, or using one of her props (pillow, sippy cup) to gain an advantage in the ring.

oh someone finally found that?

1 hour ago, WolfpacPrinxe said:

Why is it that with most of the new moves, they come off as very robotic? Like it doesn’t look natural at all with some of them.  

I think they go in and edit moves sometimes after mocapping them if they seem a bit off, like speeding them up if they look too slow. Problem is they sometimes, in my opinion, go too hard in the opposite direction.

That said, the framerate of that video does not help and in the past i've thought the same about moves that look fine in-game when at normal quality.