Official WWE 2K23 Info/Discussion Thread

Jeb ★

I’m four chapters in to the legacy MyRise having finished the lock. 

It’s actually incredible how much content is in this game but can’t be used outside of certain modes - obvious issues with MyFaction, but I’d have expected MyRise to let you have most of its stuff. It’s got a fair few decent arenas that you can unlock, but they can’t be edited and can only be used in exhibition not universe. 

There’s also a ton of CAW parts, and actually for once, the characters at least in MyRise feel pretty fleshed out, but the original ones aren’t unlockable 🤷🏻‍♂️.

So Tavish, Ava Moreno, Gabriel Slade, and countless others who would actually be decent additions to NXT or caw based Indy feds…. Just locked. Some creators have tried creating them, but 2k have locked away a lot of the parts used and in the most part it tells you you need to unlock the character in order to download from CC, but they’ve then made this impossible. Cole Quinn, El Mago… there’s tons, we had them before but this time they’re all locked away. 

There’s also special ref matches, tag turmoil matches, British rules matches… Noam Dar even defends the heritage cup against you, yet absolutely none of these things appear outside of MyRise mode… despite being literal tap in’s when it comes to the difficulties of putting them in. 

Instead MyRise will give you a set of long Randy Orton tights, a security jacket… and even better the female MyRise unlocks the attire of one of the main characters… except, she herself is not unlockable nor easily downloadable 🤷🏻‍♂️ I don’t get it.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man the Cody theme situation with alt attires is so damn weird, we got the band here again talking about it, saying they'll sign whatever needs to be signed to fix it. What is the issue exactly? the band who sings the song and owns it are literally saying for 2K to use it however they want in this game.

Yet 2K can't give us a straight up honest answer of why its tied to just Cody's default attire, if the band is saying they're fine with them suing the song however they want in the game what is holding them back from letting us use the theme for others wrestlers/caws, the jukebox, and alt attires? 

Edited by J-man89

5 hours ago, CM_EDGE said:

Since when can't you use single letters as announcement for the custom championships anymore? That sucks, only found that out now.

Never could. It’s a simple thing that’s never been implemented for whatever reason

On 5/6/2023 at 8:54 PM, J-man89 said:

Praying now we can get a bald Karrion Kross and an 02 Orton with spiky hair without the messy hair.

Edited by glennsoe

20 hours ago, NiceTwice said:

Never could. It’s a simple thing that’s never been implemented for whatever reason

They should bring this back. Past games has it. And in real life the announcers  don't usually say the full company name during championship introduction. Really have no clue why they remove it.

6 hours ago, black_machismo said:

They should bring this back. Past games has it. And in real life the announcers  don't usually say the full company name during championship introduction. Really have no clue why they remove it.

As far as I can recall no game has had it, since the first introduction to create a belt, we have not been able to use single letters in its announcements.

4 hours ago, Generations said:

Welp...I decided to boot up 2k23 for the first time in about a month.

Power went out about 5 minutes into my play...so help me god.

I haven't even booted it back up to check on stuff. But...so help me god. Lol

You hopefully should be fine as long as it didn't happen during an autosave of some kind, like transitioning out of a create mode.