Official WWE 2K23 Info/Discussion Thread

Jeb ★

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like the buckshot lariat has no sound effects assigned to it at the moment. Maybe just an oversight but I noticed it a little earlier while setting up hangmans moveset.

1 hour ago, CROSS-Out said:

It looks like the buckshot lariat has no sound effects assigned to it at the moment. Maybe just an oversight but I noticed it a little earlier while setting up hangmans moveset.

I’m sure they could have waited another month before releasing it sound effects

Props to whoever did the move editing for the buckshot, and the guys who mocapped it by the way. Even without sound effects it conveys how hard the impact of the move is superbly. The animation is honestly already one of my favourites in the entire game, it looks like the mocappers were legit trying to take the others head clean off.

So i'm trying to make Hit Row a team in Universe, is there not a trios victory animation for all 3 of them? i got whats the status playable B-Fab in the team but when i go to make the trios victory all i get is the 2 person tag victory animation.

Edited by J-man89

Little things like that make me love 2K for a moment lol. 

Mia Yim (and Candice) being found in the files with The OC being listed as her managers is getting me excited for a free superstars patch 

Edited by Glen Coco

Finishing up the Lock finally and it’s crazy how we had so much potential for unlockable characters and attires. all we got were some arenas and some shirts lol.

Thank god we have Status, because not making Corey Graves unlockable after being able to attack for the Miz is insane and Tavish?? I know he has regal’s moveset but he would’ve been good addition too. 

Edited by Glen Coco

18 minutes ago, glennsoe said:

Seeing stuff like this,  makes me dislike them all even more.
They have done so much to sterilize the game for years to the point where they killed the Bumps/Edits community.
Its shame because by now there is a lot of fun stuff possible again.

multiman matches are pure torture in this game, even more than previous games.

It's partially because of the further sped up nature of the game (seriously, can we please just get a slider to slow down how long people are down for in general?) but also because the AI constantly flip-flops on targets. There's no consistency to who they go after, its "knock one person down, immediately turn on another even if they're across the ring in the middle of their own fight"; and since they removed the role out and recover mechanic (it's still there but the actual recovery and timing system is gone, so its just "roll out, get up immediately, get back in immediately) is gone, the entire fight feels like its on speed.

But goddamn im having a blast with finally being able to use the bloody cross!

Edited by CROSS-Out

2 hours ago, CROSS-Out said:

It's partially because of the further sped up nature of the game (seriously, can we please just get a slider to slow down how long people are down for in general?) but also because the AI constantly flip-flops on targets. There's no consistency to who they go after, its "knock one person down, immediately turn on another even if they're across the ring in the middle of their own fight"; and since they removed the role out and recover mechanic (it's still there but the actual recovery and timing system is gone, so its just "roll out, get up immediately, get back in immediately) is gone, the entire fight feels like its on speed.

The AI was always such a huge problem in these games...a complete rework there would be so great.
In general AI in wrestling games can really hurt a game.

The Bloody Cross was in 2k22 under "Lift Underhook Gutbuster".
Even got 2 versions of it.

2 hours ago, CROSS-Out said:

During tag matches, they need to limit the amount of times the A.I breaks up the pins/submissions. 3 times would be fine. And yeah, we need sliders for the A.I in multiman matches.

3 hours ago, Graeme Jones said:

During tag matches, they need to limit the amount of times the A.I breaks up the pins/submissions. 3 times would be fine. And yeah, we need sliders for the A.I in multiman matches.

on god. the matches with LDF were terrible bc it’s like every time I pinned someone it’s like they TELEPORTED across the ring before a one count 🤣

7 hours ago, Mani-Man said:

The AI was always such a huge problem in these games...a complete rework there would be so great.
In general AI in wrestling games can really hurt a game.

The Bloody Cross was in 2k22 under "Lift Underhook Gutbuster".
Even got 2 versions of it.

In aware but the standing versions animation was broken and couldn't hook the arm correctly, since its addition. The latest patch finally fixed it.

Anyone know what slider i need to adjust to stop the AI from kicking out of my finisher? I'm tired of working the whole match to ge tmy finisher only for it to be kicked out of and i gotta get a 2nd one to get the win. Cause it always takes 2 finishers without fail.

12 hours ago, CROSS-Out said:

In aware but the standing versions animation was broken and couldn't hook the arm correctly, since its addition. The latest patch finally fixed it.

Oh i didnt knew that, well thats Good then for Sure.

The moves Not connecting right is something i saw a few Times in Videos already, weird since i dont remember that being this noticeable in previous games. 

10 hours ago, J-man89 said:

Anyone know what slider i need to adjust to stop the AI from kicking out of my finisher? I'm tired of working the whole match to ge tmy finisher only for it to be kicked out of and i gotta get a 2nd one to get the win. Cause it always takes 2 finishers without fail.

IMG_9899.thumb.jpeg.d11723200ecf7aadc7e4631226d49f55.jpeg

These are my sliders. I believe the last one, ‘post-kickout damage recovery (AI)’, has the most influence on it for what other people say.

My sliders are quite dramatic, the AI can be pinned with ease once they’re in red, usually with a normal move never mind finishers. I prefer it this way because I can have a squash match if I want and the matches always end when I want them to, using the D-Pad to force a kickout. I also have the opposite sliders for me so I can kick out of anything if I need to. Like I say this is quite drastic but personally I’m not interested in a challenge, just the best looking matches. Hopefully you can use these sliders as a baseline for most drastic so you can fine tune it to your personal preference.