Official WWE 2K23 Info/Discussion Thread

Jeb ★

On 4/9/2023 at 11:16 AM, snakebiteSB said:

I saw this yesterday. I'm going to see if they fix Universe in the next patch before doing this. I don't know if I want to do this and then have to restart my universe mode. It's sad you have to do all this to make a £90 game work though. 

The work arounds etc people have to do just so stuff in a 90 bucks game works, is insane.
In a fair world, the outrage of 2k20 would be standard by now...but as it stands, people criticizing the game are still not well liked while people pat each other every year on the back for pre-ordering the most expensive version of this game.

4 hours ago, glennsoe said:

I'd love to get a proper Coffin Drop in one of the packs too since there are ma y great Darby Allin caws out there...

A unofficial AEW move pack, would make them a lot of money.

Im kind of glad that they havent realized the huge DLC potential of this series, they already make enough money selling a overpriced update.

They could sell several Movepacks, arena packs, Attire Packs...hell people woul probably pay a good chunk of money for Caw Parts packs.
Instead they only go for 5 rather empty wrestler packs.

But then, i  guess they make up for it with the 100 bucks icon edition etc.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they focus on making the next game more of a stimulation it would be great. The problem to me seems like 2k doesn’t have those people like yukes did that are looking at wrestling psychology and implementing it to the game.

Edited by NiceTwice

Anyone set up a second profile on their console for another Save? What I usually do is 1 save is All Newer folks and the 2nd is for legend.  I also set up different match types for each save. Like newer guys has the trios match and older has Standard Tag where the newer has tornado only. I know Im weird and its geeky but it really gives the 2k new breathe if you get bored with your usual. [Also another thing I have done is 1 save Male Caws save 2. All Female Caws]

3 things nobody ever talks about

• how they had ruined the apron ground moves by making the apron (or ring?) bigger. In the older games the opponents head hung over the lip of the apron properly. Then years back you noticed the opponents head was like 2 inches away from the edge of the apron. And moves like the Elbow Strike that should've been to the sternum were now to the face. 
  • they've now made it so when the opponent is in the corner turnbuckles and you irish whip them, you do so in a Southpaw stance. Meaning every wrestler is now left-handed apparently when irish whipping a corner opponent. Which would be fine if 98% of wrestlers weren't right handed.
  • Sliding into the ring. NOBODY slides into the ring like that. I can think of like 1 or 2 times in the last decade a wrestler does a front slide into the ring in that manner. That is not the way ppl run into a wrestling ring. And this has been in the game now for years and is completely wrong.
Edited by eastcoastkody

I mean speaking of apron moves, what I would like is to see them look at bringing back what the n64 games had and then updating it.

If you remember in the old n64 games you could grab an opponent on the apron and then using Irish whip, walk them along the apron and put their head into the ring post. 

Would be cool if they adopted this into the current games, and then maybe make the apron wider so that two people can stand on it and from a set position pull of moves on the apron, considering how many moves we see now onto the ring apron it could be a great addition. Could also be updated for top rope manoeuvres - perhaps with an opponent stunned on the apron, we could climb the turnbuckle and then have set dive moves where he can hurracarana people off the apron from the top rope, or something like Daniel Bryan’s diving DDT he does out to the floor. 

I swear to god one thing i'm absolutely tired of is having to go through an epic 15 plus minute match with a jobber kicking out of multiple finishers. I just had  a match as AJ Styles against R Truth, and he was legit all red, hit him with 1 Styles Clash, he kicked out, picked him up hit him with a 2nd one and he kicked out, then hit him with a phenomenal forearm and he kicked out.....

I even went and set his stats to next to nothing and made his overall 40, went back in and did the match again and he continued to kick out of all my finishers, i eventually just had to settle with winning with a regular submission cause i could have hit 30 finishers and he would've kicked out, fix your game 2K. Jobbers shouldn't be giving me this much trouble.

Edited by J-man89

Man...I seriously hate that they don't tell you exactly how many logo slots you have left, and also how many logos a specific download uses. - I know that you can get a general idea with the amount of data...but the actual files end up in such a scrambled mess as far as the numerical order is concerned...it becomes an absolutely useless feature. - As soon as you delete some things and download others, those numbers are all over the place and no longer indicate much of anything. List be like 003, 004, 005, 345, 346, 956, 957, 008, 009, 023, 027...

I have so much anxiety with the number of characters I still want for my game...knowing I already ran out of space once before deleting a bunch, I really just want something that says "you have 150 of 1000 slots left" or whatever. Why is this not already indicated?

They're kinda useless without the ability to actually climb the structures...but kinda neat just for fantasy booking or taking staged photos or whatever. It would be nuts if someone found a way to apply the properties of the cage or a ladder to them...but I doubt that's possible. Then again...I keep being proven wrong with the hackers in this game. Lol

Edited by Generations

I wish we could get a proper version of Sean O'Haire's Widow Maker in the game

The one we got isn't that accurate, looks more like a reverse Attitude Adjustment. And its outdated as hell, i think its the same animation from Here Comes The Pain where it was first put in the games.

Edited by J-man89

20 minutes ago, J-man89 said:

I wish we could get a proper version of Sean O'Haire's Widow Maker in the game

The one we got isn't that accurate, looks more like a reverse Attitude Adjustment. And its outdated as hell, i think its the same animation from Here Comes The Pain where it was first put in the games.

YESSSSS! One of my most wanted moves!

The current version is Wade Barrett's from SvR 2011, the HCTP version for O'Haire was in for years and years, I think it got removed around 2K15 or so when they jumped to PS4/XB1

First thing I’m gonna do is go into Create A Superstar and check if shorter heights are now available for women so I’m preparing myself for disappointment. New hairstyles for the women would always be nice too. Good to see an uprising of sorts on social media when it comes to that. Everybody’s hairstyle should be available for use in caw mode.

Im frankly still a little shocked we're getting DLC on a wednesday in general; usually its a tuesday or a friday. Unfortunately im not expecting much out of this DLC unless they decide to sneak a bunch of really good moves in on Top Dolla or something the way they used to do with the Terminator and such.

Patch notes still don't mention any fixes for move issues like animations or missing effects. Of course.

Edited by CROSS-Out