Official WWE 2K23 Info/Discussion Thread

Jeb ★

Tag matches need a serious overhaul, for one there needs to be a limit on how many times someone can come into the ring and break up a pin, i think irl theres supposed to be like 4 break up attempts and then you can't enter the ring and break up pins anymore, its rarely enforced but that would be one thing they could add in the game. 

Also make it where the AI will only get in the ring to break up a pin after a signature or finisher is hit, no more running in to break up a pin off a scoop slam.

And i HATE that bug that was even in 2K22 where you got a finisher and throw the opponent into your corner to do your tag finisher, but the prompt to hit the tag finisher wont appear until you punch the opponent once then it appears. Thats bit me in the ass i don't know how many times cause half the time the AI will reverse after that punch.

Edited by J-man89

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Jeb ★ said:

L 2K

Seriously?! Are you kidding me? this aint getting fixed at all then? I'd love an actual explanation as to why that theme can't be used when using an alt attire, i've yet to see a single explanation as to why, they're just like "Cause it can't be used" and thats the only thing we get.

If they'd at least come out and say its a bug and they can't figure out whats causing it fine, but for them to be like "Yeah it can't be used for that, sorry, but maybe we can make that happen in the future!" like they designed it that way? that makes no sense at all, the band that owns the song haven't even got a clue as to why it can't be used.

Again i love how before the games release Bryan Williams and all the devs are out in the public eye doing interviews, answering questions, but after the game comes out and we see the bugs and issues they're in witness protection nowhere to be seen, and all we get is BS emails giving generic vague answers. They go into hiding so they don't have to answer for the bugs they can't fix.

Edited by J-man89

4 hours ago, Jeb ★ said:

L 2K

WUT?
Couldnt we give caws etc Rondas theme when she was in the game the first time?
And even Downstait said they have no clue what goes on there and want to help...what the hell is this kind of bullshit?

Where are all the developers, community managers etc on this kind of stuff?
Come out and explain to people what is wrong.

Like if its game related, we get it...you work with a broken mess of a foundation at this point.
If its license problems, we get it...but at least come forward and treat the fans with a tiny bit of respect for the love of god.

4 hours ago, Mani-Man said:

Where are all the developers, community managers etc on this kind of stuff?
Come out and explain to people what is wrong.

Hiding in their fallout shelter, too busy chugging that #EvenStronger Kool-Aid.

Ugh...was downloading stuff and got my 1000 image warning already. Granted, I had a BUNCH of stuff that I needed to delete anyway. BUT...it sucks to know that it is always looming over the horizon. (I had high hopes that they got rid of that nonsense). 

Now I'm already going through and deleting the renders for the roster select, because...priorities. - I did enjoy having custom renders for most people. But...I definitely still have a bunch of people I still want to download, and I need those image slots. After going through everything...I probably freed up about 150 more slots. But, those will be gone again soon. Oof.

Please explain to me why they can't just let us have as many image files as our hard drive can store?

Edited by Generations

1 hour ago, Generations said:

Ugh...was downloading stuff and got my 1000 image warning already. Granted, I had a BUNCH of stuff that I needed to delete anyway. BUT...it sucks to know that it is always looming over the horizon. (I had high hopes that they got rid of that nonsense). 

Now I'm already going through and deleting the renders for the roster select, because...priorities. - I did enjoy having custom renders for most people. But...I definitely still have a bunch of people I still want to download, and I need those image slots. After going through everything...I probably freed up about 150 more slots. But, those will be gone again soon. Oof.

Please explain to me why they can't just let us have as many image files as our hard drive can store?

They said in a interview that it is not "technically possible" right now but they hope to be able to increase the amount of images we can have "in the near future". 😕

That shit literally doesn't make sense to me. "Not technically possible" to do what?

Store pngs on a Series X or PS5? Lol.

That's even more half-baked than saying that custom music isn't possible. Hahaha

Better yet...there should be an option to just flatten/merge images that you won't be needing to move around. Like...if you download a CAW that has 20 or 30 images...you should just be able to say "yeah...merge all that shit and just lock that CAW, so it can't be edited anymore." Like...if they figured out a way to just do a full body wrap, and the game knew how all the images fit, then they could be compressed into a single layer and that would be a great way to save space too...just saying.

Edited by Generations

1 hour ago, Saturi said:

They said in a interview that it is not "technically possible" right now but they hope to be able to increase the amount of images we can have "in the near future". 😕

Without anything for clarification, that sounds like console parity to me. When they leave the previous gen behind, perhaps

20 hours ago, Mr.Dreadful said:

the CONSTANT pin/submission interruptions in tag matches and the AGGRESSIVE double teaming in multi person matches needs to be fixed.

I increased the length of time stuns take until recovery, and knock opponents off the ring apron at times. So far, I haven't had a 2v2 tag match go over 12-15 minutes, a good number of times it was less. I did this maybe 4 days after early release.

Edited by xphen0m

9 hours ago, Generations said:

That shit literally doesn't make sense to me. "Not technically possible" to do what?

Store pngs on a Series X or PS5? Lol.

That's even more half-baked than saying that custom music isn't possible. Hahaha

Better yet...there should be an option to just flatten/merge images that you won't be needing to move around. Like...if you download a CAW that has 20 or 30 images...you should just be able to say "yeah...merge all that shit and just lock that CAW, so it can't be edited anymore." Like...if they figured out a way to just do a full body wrap, and the game knew how all the images fit, then they could be compressed into a single layer and that would be a great way to save space too...just saying.

Exactly I think about the way they did it back on the PS3 games, basically it should be a combination of both then and now when you download a caw you SHOULD be able to say that yes I want the images if you want to make changes or no just lock the images in place, but don't download the images with it. It should really be that simple.

On 4/7/2023 at 8:07 PM, WNX said:

Without anything for clarification, that sounds like console parity to me. When they leave the previous gen behind, perhaps

Nope, ps4 era still had the limitations, even without last gen Holding it back. 

If they leave behind the old Foundation of the game, then perhaps. 

But this right now is a game Foundation that is incredible old, filled with leftovers from dozens of graphic, physic etc engines.

They have cut up Modes etc, took out Features and so on that were connected to other Modes and so on. 

That is why the smallest things, can break this game and why they are scared to open more slots and so on. 

They needed to break down and rebuild stuff just so they got enough memory space for the game, so that they could add moves without having to removed others.

This Foundation is a mess that cause incredible problems, problems 2k and the wwe care little about. 

8 hours ago, snakebiteSB said:

I saw this yesterday. I'm going to see if they fix Universe in the next patch before doing this. I don't know if I want to do this and then have to restart my universe mode. It's sad you have to do all this to make a £90 game work though. 

Eh i wouldn't hold my breath on them fixing Universe, i don't see them touching Universe at all, they're gonna continue to patch MyFaction cause that makes them money for whatever reason. So they don't care about Universe, if we had to pay for it i guarantee they'd be patching it every other week like they do MyFaction.

I remember in 2K22 with the tag team finisher bug in Universe, patch after patch came out and they never fixed it, they don't give a damn about Universe Mode, they leave it for dead as soon as the game is released.

I've barely touched the game since release week; every time there's a patch I go in to see if anything I care about has been fixed but no dice; so.. game stays on the backburner.

Let us know know how it works out for you

On 4/8/2023 at 9:32 PM, J-man89 said:

Just discovered this video of a dude telling you how to fix Universe Mode, as best you can anyways, i've not tried it out personally but i'm definitely gonna do this