Official WWE 2K23 Info/Discussion Thread

Jeb ★

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

39 minutes ago, Generations said:

I enjoy MyFaction...but the whole thing with exclusive characters is ridiculous. - Do they think it will incentivize people to play the mode or something? I don't get it. 

I guess, to me its just not very appealing to go and play as exclusive models in a mode where theres no entrances, and you gotta complete a laundry list of boring objectives and play a ton of multi man matches where you gotta do stuff like make 3 different wrestlers legs orange.

Edited by J-man89

From the looks of it, the customizable A.I Tendencies seems to be a really great addition to the series. There also seems to be a lot of new situational animations for when moves "hit" but they don't connect as intended (like a Big Boot that almost missed or a Seated Dropkick or Penalty Kick from the side instead of the front but they still sell it accordingly)

I'm praying for No Grapple Clinches and CAW Body Morphing though for 2K24 and beyond. With the former especially it's like WHY 2K? It's one of those things where sure there's people who don't care if it's in or not but for the people who don't like it it's a huge bummer, possibly a deal breaker so why continue to implement an extra step to grappling (that goes against the Simulation focus?)

Also if they keep Combos, why not allow the players to fully edit the chains? I seen the Combos are the exact same, meaning the ugly Gut Kick where they jump really high and awkward during it, or that elbow to the face, or random Body Punches that almost nobody does will get shoehorned in most options even if the preview doesn't show them.

6 hours ago, J-man89 said:

I guess, to me its just not very appealing to go and play as exclusive models in a mode where theres no entrances, and you gotta complete a laundry list of boring objectives and play a ton of multi man matches where you gotta do stuff like make 3 different wrestlers legs orange.

Its one of those things where they seem to not understand their core audience at all.
And i doubt many Casual Gamers are hanging onto the mode in 5-6 months.

But maybe im wrong, would definitly like to see the data on how much money the mode makes them.

5 minutes ago, Mani-Man said:

Its one of those things where they seem to not understand their core audience at all.
And i doubt many Casual Gamers are hanging onto the mode in 5-6 months.

But maybe im wrong, would definitly like to see the data on how much money the mode makes them.

Whatever it makes them i guarantee it would double that and more if they made the stuff in there usable for all modes, cause think about all the ones who don't play because the stuffs locked in there, they'd be rushing to it to buy packs to try and unlock the models for every other mode and for caws. 

1 minute ago, J-man89 said:

Whatever it makes them i guarantee it would double that and more if they made the stuff in there usable for all modes, cause think about all the ones who don't play because the stuffs locked in there, they'd be rushing to it to buy packs to try and unlock the models for every other mode and for caws. 

Yup.
Make this stuff unlockable for all modes in MyFaction and you get more people to play it and a few bucks more because people would buy packs just to unlock them.

4 minutes ago, Mani-Man said:

Yup.
Make this stuff unlockable for all modes in MyFaction and you get more people to play it and a few bucks more because people would buy packs just to unlock them.

They're freaking idiots man, they have no idea how much money they're leaving on the floor by keeping those models locked in there. There would be guys i guarantee it spending hundreds of dollars buying packs trying to get certain models. 

But who wants to spend money on packs as it is now only for what you get to be locked inside a boring limited mode?

16 minutes ago, GuntherMark said:

They're leaving money on the table too, I'll admit I'm a total simp and would pay the MyFaction premium for that Austin attire for example, if I could use it in the other modes or use the parts in CAW.

Which is weird, considering how otherwise really greedy they are.
For years they sold full price updates and overpriced DLC etc...but here they dont see the easy money they could make?

Not that i would support such a tactic of course, but it would be super easy money they could make with this.

I started playing MyFaction last night and it’s still boring and repetitive like it was last year. You literally have no incentive to play unless you just like multi-man tag matches and grinding for the sake of grinding.

I hope next year they FINALLY listen and either remove the mode for something better OR let us unlock characters for the entire game. I feel like we’ve been voicing this since the beginning and I don’t know how much money they might be making off of it, but a large majority of us hate it. it’d be nice if they’d listen. 

Edited by Glen Coco

Honestly just expanding the DLC offering is the way to go. How many people beg for update DLC year after year? 

They don’t need to tie it up in some game mode that nobody wants to play. Just let people buy it and then use it in any game mode. 

1 minute ago, TheNoOneM1 said:

Honestly just expanding the DLC offering is the way to go. How many people beg for update DLC year after year? 

They don’t need to tie it up in some game mode that nobody wants to play. Just let people buy it and then use it in any game mode. 

Honestly, with 23 being 22 but repainted; I would much rather they give us DLC updates and release a game every two years. Just give us little things like character updates (like attires, themes or maybe a move or two) and save the big features like new modes, match types for a the new releases. It’s give them more time to work on the games and keep us happy. 

l

So new patch doesn't fix trio entrances in Universe, doesn't let you select Cody Rhodes music or hear it when using him with an alt attire, Ludwig's snapmare still doesn't exist outside of his signatures, you still can't select a normal entrance for title entrances BUT don't worry guys... they "fixed" Edge's blue tights...

EdgeTights.thumb.jpg.709287fa1e895160247ccacfde5e4e54.jpg

37 minutes ago, GuntherMark said:

So new patch doesn't fix trio entrances in Universe, doesn't let you select Cody Rhodes music or hear it when using him with an alt attire, Ludwig's snapmare still doesn't exist outside of his signatures, you still can't select a normal entrance for title entrances BUT don't worry guys... they "fixed" Edge's blue tights...

EdgeTights.thumb.jpg.709287fa1e895160247ccacfde5e4e54.jpg

Well if they can't add Ronda Rousey's theme in jukebox. I have no faith that they will do the same for Cody. And f*ck 2k for not getting the rights for Edge's tights. And f*ck myfaction! 

Omg how did they not fix Cody's alt attire theme bug? I mean my god everyone was complaining about that, and the trios entrance issues in Universe make trios teams utterly useless. But thank god they fixed some exploits in MyFaction, so in other words they fixed something that was making that terrible mode tolerable for people and neglected everything people was actually complaining about.

And they also took away Edge's blue tights logos now, so screw all the people using that for a proper attire for 06 Edge now, lol this patch took away from everyone and gave nothing. Did they fix any actual issues that has been complained about like at all?

I haven't checked but i also imagine they didn't bother fixing the preview function not working in CAE, you hit preview on a motion and it doesn't do anything but show you the motion you already had set.

Edited by J-man89