Official WWE 2K23 Info/Discussion Thread

Jeb ★

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well thats just the way the cookie crumbles. It doesn't matter what they do. 

Madden sells more every single year. and every year the game is worse than before. In 10 years 2k will either have lost the WWE license hopefully.....or it will revert back to being more of a wrestling game.

Edited by eastcoastkody

12 minutes ago, eastcoastkody said:

well thats just the way the cookie crumbles. It doesn't matter what they do. 

Madden sells more every single year. and every year the game is worse than before. 

You need to accept the gaming press and wider gaming community disagree with you en masse. This isn’t a case of “the games are selling better despite getting worse”, it’s a case of a series turning itself around in both perception and popularity because of fundamental changes the developers have made. You just don’t like those changes.

I feel like they really have a grasp on how to make MyRise more enjoyable this year than it was last year or even in 2K19. You can import a caw for one, complete with moveset. Everything isn’t centered around text messages, which I found really annoying and stopped me from finishing the 2K22 story. I’m really enjoying myself between working on caws and continuing with MyRise. Can’t wait to unlock the Japanese arenas!

Just had a really good match with the combos and dodging/blocking turned down and had a blast, tried to play it as realistic as i could, i mean you can have alot of really good realistic style matches now with these sliders

For anyone who wants to check it out

20 hours ago, CM_EDGE said:

BS? Ok buddy, if you want to open Pandora's box and want to dance, then let's f'n dance. Of course I bought the game and I already spend over 100 hours with it, so I know exactly what I'm talking about. But since it seems that you have absolutely no clue what kind of fundamental problems this game has, fundamental problems that almost every single mode in this game has and how to add them all up to see that it really is in the ballpark of being as bad as 2K20 as a whole. Let me just start, to list some of them to hopefully make it a little bit clearer to you how broken some things are here.

Disclaimer, I love the gameplay, as a game, in theory it's a great successor to 22 that tackles a lot of things and tries to improve on every corner. But, so much stuff is broken right now, that it's quite frankly alarming for people who don't just play this casually 2 hours a week.

CAW Creation:

People have a lot problems to create more complex CAWs and attires since the in-game textures are now also counting to the image/layer count

Also a lot of material problems like changing material doesn't cover textures anymore on in-game superstar attires. Some people report certain materials revert back to default when using a character in a match

Create an Arena:

Completely *censored*ed. 

1) When adding logos to turnbuckle & barricades the logo disappears 

2) invisible referee when using custom arenas 

3) TitanTrons and many parts wont stay where you put them in CAA when you using arena in matches

Create an Entrance:

Completely *censored*ed.

1)  You can't select normal entrances as championship entrances anymore, this means you can only access the little list of special championship entrances. Most people have their normal entrance pre selected in the CAE mode, so they actually come out with it normally, but you can't change them to any other normal title entrance, like Sami heel to Sami face or Lashley 2 to Lashley 1, and some wrestler like Karrion Kross, doesn't even have his standard one selected by default, so there is no chance of giving it to him.

Also, this concerns every single CAW people make. None of them will be able to choose a normal entrance for their title entrance. Only from the hand full of special title entrances or which ever are preselected as a preset.

2) Previewing different lightings or pyro can be messed up and resets lighting or doesn't show what you want to preview

3) Can't remove certain screen color effects anymore like black & white for NWO, none goes back to black and white. In general loading a template and messing with the color option can also reset stuff

4) The whole Cody entrance thing and that even alt attires remove his theme 

Universe Mode:

Pretty *censored*ed.

Let me quote reddit here:

The whole rivalry system is a huge step back in my opinion, not being able to choose the third person in every decision or that I can't set a simple run-in anymore is so annoying and limiting it is literally 1 step forward 2 steps back. Plus the problems with teams and 3 person team entrances and that almost no team in whole UE is set as coming out together and if they are they mostly all have standard default entrances. 

Changed movesets either don't work in UM or reset back to standard when using alt attires.

Alt attire random option under the superstars page is still gone after it vanished via patch in 22.

Another general game issue, if you have 4 person stables, these teams COMPLETELY vanish from the create an entrance selection. And if you had them pre set they still work but when you have a 4 person judgment stable and you come out with all 4, only the 3 person entrance plays and the fourth person vanishes.

MyGM Mode:

Title Match Option is greyed out in triple threat and fatal four way matches when this should work.

You see, I've came with receipts, I've made my homework so don't try to call me out again buddy, acting like I don't know what I'm talking about.

Basically all the fundamental features I care about are somewhat broken in a way 22 never was and highly goes into a 2k20 direction. Create an entrance, annoyingly messed up, create an arena, super glitched and I haven't even mentioned half the problems people have with it. The whole team and 3 person entrances and 4 person stables thing is SO broken and weird. I don't even what to say here.

Universe mode with team and moveset issues and backwards rivalry system and a lot of stuff I haven't mentioned because they never even fixed for this game like sideplates not working on any championship that's newer than the WWE Women's Tag Titles, including them.

NXT NA sideplates being misaligned and textures on it being messed up and so much more.

I already wasted way too much time with you, so this should be enough.

You need to get out more buddy

FhnD8S2XgAA0HLR.jpg

11 hours ago, SaturnT3 said:

I love that people are acting like 2K23 "isn't a wrestling game". Like things like blocks, strike combos, and dodges don't happen in professional wrestling.

They definitely do but just not as prominent as this series has made it.

Blocks happen but if the undertaker is running at you and you’re a small guy, your hands being up are not stopping that even with the sport being fake. Also the mechanics of this choreographed sport pretty much have you just taking the hit 90% of the time. 

Striking combos happen but also not as prominent as this game makes it. In 2k23 they’ve got better but half of them look like stuff you’d only see in a fantasy combat video game. 

Dodging is cool but how they applied it looks good maybe 1/4 of the time it’s used. Like if I’m trying to grapple and you dodge, the shit looks weird and awkward lol.

6 hours ago, Golden Boy® said:

You need to get out more buddy

FhnD8S2XgAA0HLR.jpg

u asked for it. U just didn't like the answer. I haven't played 2k23. So idk if what he's saying is true. But i have said multiple times that i believe 2k22 was nearly as bad as 2k20 from a glitches and bad hit detection, bad homing on dives, things not saving, crashes etc standpoint.  Just because you are willing to tolerate the issues with a game doesn't mean the issues don't exist. 

I played tons of Avengers. I thought it was a good game. But i also realized that it was a glitchy POS game

5 minutes ago, A N T I - said:

Would be a shame if they waited until it was time to make way for the Steiner Row Pack to patch the game again. Hope we get something this week.

I mean, you're not wrong.

i see what he's saying. But i also don't like that its acceptable for a game to crash twice in the first 4 days of its release

I'll tell u what i've played 200+ hours of Breath of the Wild. and it never crashed one time. I can pop MVP baseball 2005 into my ancient PS2 rn....and i guaran-damn-tee that bich aint crashing.

Obviously they are patched now. But i've been playing a ton of the Xbox 360 era WWE games. And im just not running into any of the weird problems WWE games have nowadays. Its night and day. No weird morphing or phasing thru objects. No missing strikes or diving moves. No weird wet noodle no bone having arms when u connect with a punch. No crashing.