Official WWE 2K23 Info/Discussion Thread

Jeb ★

1 hour ago, Oscar22 said:

Yeah I had this yesterday, only works for the four rivalries you have set, despite having it referenced on the other match screens. 

Nope I had it in one of the 4 rivalries I assigned

This is a weird bug

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a rivalry beetwen LA Knight and Rick Boogs. I choose a cutscene when LA Knight attack Boogs with kendo stick after Boogs match. Game choose MA.CE as a opponent for Boogs, can i change opponent manuały? I dont want MA.CE on this match ?

1 hour ago, koczo said:

I have a rivalry beetwen LA Knight and Rick Boogs. I choose a cutscene when LA Knight attack Boogs with kendo stick after Boogs match. Game choose MA.CE as a opponent for Boogs, can i change opponent manuały? I dont want MA.CE on this match ?

Yeah this is one part thats bugging me, the game automatically picks at random a wrestler to be in the match if your rival aint facing you, i'd love to know if theres a way to pick who it is.

So did they not give any of the female tag teams their own victory motion? All of them have generic victory motions and don't have their own. So Toxic Attraction come out to their entrance, Katana and Kayden come out to their own entrance, Dmg Ctrl comes out to their own entrance, but each of them have the same generic victory motions.

The tag teams are just a buggy mess in general in Universe, half of them are set to come out separately, trying to make a trios team is a complete disaster, theres no way to edit trios entrances, i have no clue how to make Toxic Attraction's trios entrance with Mandy, theres just no option to do it you can only edit the 2 person tag entrance.

Edited by J-man89

10 minutes ago, J-man89 said:

So did they not give any of the female tag teams their own victory motion? All of them have generic victory motions and don't have their own. So Toxic Attraction come out to their entrance, Katana and Kayden come out to their own entrance, Dmg Ctrl comes out to their own entrance, but each of them have the same generic victory motions.

The tag teams are just a buggy mess in general in Universe, half of them are set to come out separately, trying to make a trios team is a complete disaster, theres no way to edit trios entrances, i have no clue how to make Toxic Attraction's trios entrance with Mandy, theres just no option to do it you can only edit the 2 person tag entrance.

I swear to god, if we put all the problems of this game together, this seriously is in the ballpark of being a 2K20-2.

Man i'm just now going through the default tag teams in Universe and jesus christ what a mess, almost all of them by default are set to come out separately, NONE OF THEM have their own victory motions in the game, nearly everyone or at least all the new teams all have the same generic victory motion.

Jinder and Shanky don't have their own, Creed Brothers don't have their own, Kayden and Katana don't have their own, Brawling Brutes don't have their own, Toxic Attraction don't have their own, i could go on and on, literally not one single new victory animation for tag teams every team is set to the same generic victory animation. Brawling Brutes from what i can tell don't even have their own entrance.

I don't even see Judgement Day's entrance, i go to edit their entrance and its set to generic 2, and theres no Judgement Day entrance to even choose.

Edited by J-man89

Took a few tries...but, I finally got the achievement for beating Reigns on legendary without using any payback moves.

Would have been easy if payback was allowed...but, it actually became quite a challenge without them. - I did actually beat him really quickly with Edge. (I got him counted out). But, for whatever reason, the game didn't give me the achievement for that. (That match got me the achievement for winning without being stunned, so that was actually fine). So...went back and tried with a few other people. (A few attempts with Cody. A couple attempts with Lesnar.)

Finally played as Rock '12 and laid the smackdown on his candy ass. 

He pins off absolutely everything, and he reverses absolutely everything. - He also has really weird timing for countering his finishers (and the camera cuts during the cinematic "staging" for the superman punch and spear REALLY don't help with this). - Anyway, I hit a Rock bottom on him, and he used a payback where Jey Uso came out. I was basically shitting my pants that I was about to lose AGAIN...but somehow I just went for a second Rock Bottom and got it before Jey even reached the ring. - If he had countered that one, I'm sure I would have been screwed. Lol.

Anyway, the achievements are pretty fun this year. - Feels like a solid mix of easily obtainable, and actual challenges...which is how I like them to be. - You can get at least 500 of the 1000 points without too much trouble, and then some extra effort is required. I dig it.

Edited by Generations

15 hours ago, J-man89 said:

Man i'm just now going through the default tag teams in Universe and jesus christ what a mess, almost all of them by default are set to come out separately, NONE OF THEM have their own victory motions in the game, nearly everyone or at least all the new teams all have the same generic victory motion.

Jinder and Shanky don't have their own, Creed Brothers don't have their own, Kayden and Katana don't have their own, Brawling Brutes don't have their own, Toxic Attraction don't have their own, i could go on and on, literally not one single new victory animation for tag teams every team is set to the same generic victory animation. Brawling Brutes from what i can tell don't even have their own entrance.

I don't even see Judgement Day's entrance, i go to edit their entrance and its set to generic 2, and theres no Judgement Day entrance to even choose.

Look at the Tag Team Finishers in Universe too! 3 of them have the Assisted Powerbomb as Tag Team Finisher by default (Gunther & partner [The European Bomb is already set as the default Tag Team Finisher of Vinci & Kaiser]),  RK-Bro has Beast Bomb as Tag Team Finisher. Maximum Male Models has E&C's Tag Team move (Sidewalk Slam/Reverse DDT) as Tag Team Finisher.

The only way I have been able to make changes to a trio is by temporary adding a fourth member so to remove Gunther from the default tag team spot he is in you have to add an unassigned superstar (e.g. X-Pac) to the faction, then remove Gunther from position 1 1 and add Gunther to position 3 and move Vinci to position 1 then remove the unassigned superstar from the group. The downside of this workaround is it mess up the entrances and tag team finishers of the group. But what else can we do when in the games the leader of a group is in position 1 thus making them the default partner of a tag team in a group?

Which caws are you guys using for the myrise mode?

Haven't tried the mode so far, I'm torn between Kenny Omega and Jericho currently..

But others on my list are Hangman Page (if his finisher makes it in), CM Punk (can't decide which version I want) and Jack Evans (Waiting for someone to make a great caw of him)

10 hours ago, Prof_Sunshine said:

Legendary vs Roman with zero paybacks? Glad I'm not trophy hunting in this game, that sounds rough

10 hours ago, Generations said:

Took a few tries...but, I finally got the achievement for beating Reigns on legendary without using any payback moves.

Would have been easy if payback was allowed...but, it actually became quite a challenge without them. - I did actually beat him really quickly with Edge. (I got him counted out). But, for whatever reason, the game didn't give me the achievement for that. (That match got me the achievement for winning without being stunned, so that was actually fine). So...went back and tried with a few other people. (A few attempts with Cody. A couple attempts with Lesnar.)

Finally played as Rock '12 and laid the smackdown on his candy ass. 

He pins off absolutely everything, and he reverses absolutely everything. - He also has really weird timing for countering his finishers (and the camera cuts during the cinematic "staging" for the superman punch and spear REALLY don't help with this). - Anyway, I hit a Rock bottom on him, and he used a payback where Jey Uso came out. I was basically shitting my pants that I was about to lose AGAIN...but somehow I just went for a second Rock Bottom and got it before Jey even reached the ring. - If he had countered that one, I'm sure I would have been screwed. Lol.

Anyway, the achievements are pretty fun this year. - Feels like a solid mix of easily obtainable, and actual challenges...which is how I like them to be. - You can get at least 500 of the 1000 points without too much trouble, and then some extra effort is required. I dig it.

All Legend difficulty matches with trophies could be easily be done by lowering the game balance. I did this to all trophies then revert the game balance to default once done. Still the AI will get the chance to whoop your a$$ but it will be easier. Specially the War Games trophy.

The only trophy that I might not be able to get is the "Beginner's Luck" since you need to play one online MyFaction match. And I don't subscribe to PS Plus. Which is Sh*t. I might have to buy 1 month subscription just for that trophy.

Edited by black_machismo

Speaking of achievements...just did the Cena one for the corner stacked AA...but I did it in the weekly tower in MyFaction, so it didn't count. Will be easy enough to do in exhibition mode...but I don't get why it couldn't have been accepted for MF just the same. - Did it in the last match on this week's tower...the cage match against Goldberg and Hogan. Pretty sweet way to finish the match and assure that both were down.

Edited by Generations

On 3/19/2023 at 10:11 PM, CM_EDGE said:

I swear to god, if we put all the problems of this game together,

this seriously is in the ballpark of being a 2K20-2.

And then he gets upset when we call him out on his BS and being extra while nagging

Did you even buy the game?

Edited by Golden Boy®

34 minutes ago, Golden Boy® said:

And then he gets upset when we call him out on his BS and being extra while nagging

Did you even buy the game?

I had quoted his post yesterday but deleted my comment just to avoid drama. Calling this anything CLOSE to 2K20 is super exaggeratory.