Official WWE 2K23 Info/Discussion Thread

Jeb ★

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, GuntherMark said:

One massive improvement for me, which I haven't seen anyone talk about, is that I haven't seen the slow German Suplex reversal that would happen all the time in 2K22. 

Saw a few People mention that and its one of those Details that really make a difference.
Finally getting a Reversal that doesnt end in that ugly German Suplex, is good.

While we are at Suplex, are there new Vertical Suplex animations?
Im loving a good Vertical Suplex and would appreciate if there would be new animated ones.

3 minutes ago, Oscar22 said:

Status and JoeMashups have both got in game models where they’ve added facial hair etc and they look absolutely brilliant - really is a game changer that find. 

I dont think that 2K will let this stand, i can see them do all in their power to put a stop to this.
But from what i gather, not every Hair and Beard works, a few things seem to crash the game when you put on.
Would however really be a huge deal if you could do that...and maybe shows 2k/WWE that people wouldnt mess around in a negative way with such a thing as much as they seem to think.

22 minutes ago, Mani-Man said:

Saw a few People mention that and its one of those Details that really make a difference.
Finally getting a Reversal that doesnt end in that ugly German Suplex, is good.

While we are at Suplex, are there new Vertical Suplex animations?
Im loving a good Vertical Suplex and would appreciate if there would be new animated ones.

I dont think that 2K will let this stand, i can see them do all in their power to put a stop to this.
But from what i gather, not every Hair and Beard works, a few things seem to crash the game when you put on.
Would however really be a huge deal if you could do that...and maybe shows 2k/WWE that people wouldnt mess around in a negative way with such a thing as much as they seem to think.

Yeah I can totally see 2k killing it. In the meantime though, it really helps with minor tweaks but massive updates - I’ve now got Theory with his fuller beard and Priest with his - just adds to the feel of newness. 

One thing currently annoys me faster than it did in several older titles, which is entrances with props like glasses and hats and how people don't take them off anymore when using alt attires.

I remember there was one game where 2K tried to fix this and make items editable from entrances and they still would do the same in the entrance, but I'm a little bit surprised this never got tried to be better and it still sucks in 2021.

Carmelo Hayes, Gigi Dolan, Jacy Jayne, Gunther all have parts where they remove something in the entrance and it doesn't work anymore with a second attire. It's annoying.

1 hour ago, Mani-Man said:

WWE does NOT want fans editing superstar likenesses, and people need to understand that this has nothing to do with 2K themselves when this inevitably gets patched. WWE have never been supportive of a such a feature. This was evident when WWF Backlash for the N64 (cancelled game) was NOT going to feature the ability to edit default wrestlers. Also notice in most games, ever since No Mercy, you can't edit default stars likenesses.

Edited by xphen0m

14 minutes ago, xphen0m said:

WWE does NOT want fans editing superstar likenesses, and people need to understand that this has nothing to do with 2K themselves when this inevitably gets patched. WWE have never been supportive of a such a feature. This was evident when WWF Backlash for the N64 (cancelled game) was NOT going to feature the ability to edit default wrestlers. Also notice in most games, ever since No Mercy, you can't edit default stars likenesses.

Part of this is incorrect as there was NOT going to be a Backlash game that's been confirmed as fake by Sanders Keel:

Skip to 22:11

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rf_haqRf7G8

12 minutes ago, flame3169118 said:

Part of this is incorrect as there was NOT going to be a Backlash game that's been confirmed as fake by Sanders Keel:

Skip to 22:11

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rf_haqRf7G8

Well then, I stand corrected. However, the part about WWE not wanting fans editing likenesses stands. That's the reason we largely haven't been able to (as far as faces go at least) for decades now. (Without cheats/mods, at least)

Edited by xphen0m

Been playing through MyRise and enjoying it. - Never been a fan of the whole "you need to make a custom wrestler" aspect of it...and I don't like my character at all. BUT...I'm able to ignore that for the story itself, which has been entertaining.

Some of the easter eggs in MyRise are hilarious. For one, I'm enjoying all of the throwbacks to characters from past games. Secondly, the commentary in the mo-cap chapter was amazing. They actually took a shot at WWE2k20, which is hilarious. - Something along the lines of "I haven't seen a mo-cap session like this since 2k20. Yikes!" Lol

Edited by Generations

1 hour ago, Generations said:

Been playing through MyRise and enjoying it. - Never been a fan of the whole "you need to make a custom wrestler" aspect of it...and I don't like my character at all. BUT...I'm able to ignore that for the story itself, which has been entertaining.

Reveal hidden contents

Some of the easter eggs in MyRise are hilarious. For one, I'm enjoying all of the throwbacks to characters from past games. Secondly, the commentary in the mo-cap chapter was amazing. They actually took a shot at WWE2k20, which is hilarious. - Something along the lines of "I haven't seen a mo-cap session like this since 2k20. Yikes!" Lol

You can import Caws this year if you like something from the CC more.

1 hour ago, Generations said:

Hmm...could have sworn that I tried when I first started out, but never saw the option.

I'll try again when I do the female path.

I can tell you why you didn't.

For whatever reason, the first time you start this mode, the game has already created an empty looking save file for the male part in slot one. You probably also never saw the video with WWE superstars talking about their journey that should start the first time you enter MyRise. 😅

If you hover over a different, real empty save file you see there is an import option.

Edited by CM_EDGE

JESUS *censored*ING CHRIST, 2K just hit a new low with MyFaction. OH, and its exclusive to US residents ONLY!!!!!!!!! :facepalm:

https://www.thesmackdownhotel.com/news/wwe2k23/how-to-unlock-action-figure-john-cena-in-wwe-2k23-myfaction

"This limited-time promotion is open to USA residents. The promotional period goes from March 01, 2023, to September 16, 2023."

Edited by Mr.Dreadful

3 hours ago, Mr.Dreadful said:

JESUS *censored*ING CHRIST, 2K just hit a new low with MyFaction. OH, and its exclusive to US residents ONLY!!!!!!!!! :facepalm:

https://www.thesmackdownhotel.com/news/wwe2k23/how-to-unlock-action-figure-john-cena-in-wwe-2k23-myfaction

"This limited-time promotion is open to USA residents. The promotional period goes from March 01, 2023, to September 16, 2023."

If someone uploads their receipt picture, we might be able to all get the code. Because the instruction, on https://ruthlessredemption.com/ says you have to send a picture of the receipt in and write down an e-mail where they send the code to.

They then will manually check the receipts and since this is a manual system, no accounts, no automatic code on a receipt, no online purchase, all manual, all these, probably overworked, underpaid temps will do is checking if the requirements are met.

Which is the date and what figure you bought and then they send the code out.

Nobody will write down any receipt number and counter check with all the other manually send in receipts, there is just no system for that. They will check if the requirements are met and that's it, so we just have to be lucky for someone to share one of these receipts. But so far I couldn't find anyone being that kind, lol 😅.