Official WWE 2K23 Info/Discussion Thread

Jeb ★

3 hours ago, SaturnT3 said:

No, you have to edit the AI for each wrestler.

Potential issue for that, by the way. I just checked out Universe for the first time, and the AI settings don't seem to be in play in Universe. I've got guys popping up left and right. Sucks, because the cutscene control works well. I might be right back to never touching Universe...

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You need to start a universe first, then you can save your instant recovery changes into that Universe slot. You don't need to actually do anything in Universe, as long as its there.

Basically when you start a Universe the game uses the original unedited code for the game

6 minutes ago, DiscoBar said:

You need to start a universe first, then you can save your instant recovery changes into that Universe slot. You don't need to actually do anything in Universe, as long as its there.

Basically when you start a Universe the game uses the original unedited code for the game

Yeah, this is kinda what I figured, Good thing I'm going to remove ring escape for everyone anyway...

They’re doing that with myfaction to do the same thing nba does with myteam where versions of someone is exclusive to the mode. Not sure the logic behind it since I don’t play either. The “it’s because we have to rebuild entrances and movesets” thing they said is bs since can just leave as an alternate attire.

By the way the gameplay has improved but so many of the flaws are still there. I put the game on legend and easily found out reggie will give Roman reigns (a 99 overall) a 5 star match and kick out of a spear. Also no way a block stance should be blocking a running strike.

Edited by NiceTwice

my DE came in today.  i did the tutorial, made a custom belt (there are NO new relief pieces, boooooo), checked the show creator and there are no new 'Elements' like Smacktalks said there are, now im doing Showcase.

9 hours ago, J-man89 said:

About the Edge 2006 attire issue, most say the solution for the fix is using the blue tights and recoloring them, but those are really inaccurate when it comes to the size of the logos on the sides they're too small. As you'll see here where i used custom images on the unfinished 2006 tights which the stars on those are much more accurate despite being unfinished.

The blue tights recolored

image.thumb.png.80e8e36476ad22c178f52a927eb68225.png

The 2006 tights with the missing logos with custom images used

image.thumb.png.7432401fc8e3b5a527ff1ce5bfb3b775.png

May be minor to some but i'm a stickler for detail and those blue tights have really small logos on the sides thats not accurate, so its best to use custom logos and make the 2006 tights on the unfinished tights the stars are much more accurate in terms of size.

I agree, the custom logos added to the inaccurate version looks a little better. More accurate  

Oooooh okay Universe mode books rivalries every week but if u choose certain actions sometimes the opponent changes to fit that cutscene

For ex i had a Rock vs Lesnar rivalry the they booked them against each other

I scheduled a staredown and the opponent was changed to The Rock vs DiBiase

I have to say that I like the new pin system honestly. I look at it like this: kicking out of finishers (which I’ve been able to do) shouldn’t happen often and this does a good job at making a finisher feel like a finisher. It feels like an accomplishment when I kick out of a finisher with this new system.

I also will say there is no one system that will ever be able to satisfy the majority.

Edited by xphen0m

18 minutes ago, glchitman said:

Anyone having problems with Create an Entrance in terms of selecting a Title Motion.  Like it seems to have the title motions for guys but when you go to change that it only shows the Champion motions and not the regular ones. 

Yes this is a big issue. Make sure to spread the word or report to 2K.

https://www.reddit.com/r/WWEGames/comments/11rhd57/create_an_entrance_has_a_horrible_problem_in/

40 minutes ago, CM_EDGE said:

Alright I'm going to delete the great Cody Rhodes attires that I already have from the CC. What do I want with them if they mutes Cody's theme completely. Extremely sucks but what can you do.

On the positive side, more slots for other costumes.

I'm confused. Aren't you able to set them as alternate attires? Wouldn't they have the same entrance.

Or are these attires you speak of actual CAWs?

22 minutes ago, xphen0m said:

I'm confused. Aren't you able to set them as alternate attires? Wouldn't they have the same entrance.

Or are these attires you speak of actual CAWs?

You can set them as alternate attires.

But if you use an alternate attire with him, he comes without music.

Yes even this takes away his song. So alternate attires on him are pointless.

Just now, CM_EDGE said:

You can set them as alternate attires.

But if you use an alternate attire with him, he comes without music.

Yes even this takes away his song. So alternate attires on him are pointless.

I'm almost certain it'll patched at some point.

4 hours ago, Generations said:

Reversals and counters have never felt more off, IMO. 

That said...I still enjoy the game. But, this is an issue for me.

I really dislike the rock paper scissors reversal system; and it almost feels like the only reason they kept the "headlock first to do grapples" was to give it a purpose beyond the combo system. Just... stop, triangle was fine for reversing grapples. Give us back our free-form grappling please.