Official WWE 2K23 Info/Discussion Thread

Jeb ★

13 minutes ago, A N T I - said:

That actually works, even if the electric chair part throws it off for who I need it for. What about the Regal Plexes, are they gone?

No, but it's been renamed. There's obviously Ludwig Kaisers finisher but the actual Regal regalplex is called Shoulder Capture Suplex 2

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, snakebiteSB said:

Unbelievably stupid, you can't use the Live event arena you unlock in Myrise in Universe mode. 

Can you select it for create a show?

4 minutes ago, snakebiteSB said:

Nope. I hope they patch that. I also don't like in Universe you can't use stars not assigned to the show that your editing. Like you couldn't have Bron Breakker on Raw unless you put him on the Raw brand. 

I haven't gone into Universe yet, but are you saying it only shows your show's active roster when you're booking your show? Because if so I'd consider that a positive.

12 minutes ago, SaturnT3 said:

I haven't gone into Universe yet, but are you saying it only shows your show's active roster when you're booking your show? Because if so I'd consider that a positive.

No it has the whole roster selectable, but people not on that show are greyed out and they're not selectable.

Edited by snakebiteSB

So i figured out the tracking for the Cody Cutter, in case anyone else has the same issue I had. There is tracking if the opponent is to your characters left (where he swings his arms to grab them) but there won't be any to your right. The best way to set this up then is to wake-up taunt your opponent facing away somewhat near the ropes, then run by their right and hit the ropes with the move.

Hopefully the tracking on it gets improved later on but this strategy at least has let me hit it every time I've set it up.

13 minutes ago, snakebiteSB said:

No it has the whole roster selectable, but people not on that show are greyed out and they're not selectable.

So then they're not selectable? That's what I'm saying. I mean, it'd be better if you didn't have to scroll through people not on your roster, but it still shows you who is and isn't on your roster. If I want to book someone, I'll just add them to the roster.

1 minute ago, CROSS-Out said:

Is there an AI slider to make everyone stay down longer? Even at the end of matches people get up almost immediately after being downed.

That's instant recovery. Try turning it down all the way in a wrestler's AI and then play a match against them to see the difference. I turned literally everyone in the game down to zero.

1 hour ago, CROSS-Out said:

No, but it's been renamed. There's obviously Ludwig Kaisers finisher but the actual Regal regalplex is called Shoulder Capture Suplex 2

Is it the WWE 12 animation? I remember thinking it was removed in 2K22 but maybe it was there all this time if it's in 2K23

Edited by TheNoOneM1

Just now, SaturnT3 said:

That's instant recovery. Try turning it down all the way in a wrestler's AI and then play a match against them to see the difference. I turned literally everyone in the game down to zero.

Wonderful, thank you! It's going to be rather annoying going through all of them and adjusting it but at least it's something we can fix. Finally might be able to set up actual spots again.

Just now, TheNoOneM1 said:

Is it the WWE 12 animation? I remember thinking it was removed in 2K22 but maybe it was there all this time if it's in 2K23

Nope, the new one that was added a couple years ago.

Does changing the AI sliders affect whether some of the achievements unlock?

I noticed a number of achievements for winning matches on "legendary" for stuff like never being pinned for a two count or never using any paybacks. - If you change the AI sliders to make the opponents easier, does this affect whether those achievements pop? Or does the game only care about the base difficulty?

Edited by Generations

25 minutes ago, CROSS-Out said:

Wonderful, thank you! It's going to be rather annoying going through all of them and adjusting it but at least it's something we can fix. Finally might be able to set up actual spots again.

Yeah, I instantly shut instant recovery down (ha!) and it made a HUGE difference.

50 minutes ago, TheNoOneM1 said:

Is there a Universal slider for it in the Balancing Sliders in Options?

No, you have to edit the AI for each wrestler.

Potential issue for that, by the way. I just checked out Universe for the first time, and the AI settings don't seem to be in play in Universe. I've got guys popping up left and right. Sucks, because the cutscene control works well. I might be right back to never touching Universe...

About the Edge 2006 attire issue, most say the solution for the fix is using the blue tights and recoloring them, but those are really inaccurate when it comes to the size of the logos on the sides they're too small. As you'll see here where i used custom images on the unfinished 2006 tights which the stars on those are much more accurate despite being unfinished.

The blue tights recolored

image.thumb.png.80e8e36476ad22c178f52a927eb68225.png

The 2006 tights with the missing logos with custom images used

image.thumb.png.7432401fc8e3b5a527ff1ce5bfb3b775.png

May be minor to some but i'm a stickler for detail and those blue tights have really small logos on the sides thats not accurate, so its best to use custom logos and make the 2006 tights on the unfinished tights the stars are much more accurate in terms of size.

Edited by J-man89