Official WWE 2K23 Info/Discussion Thread

Jeb ★

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, Golden Boy® said:

All this over a video game? Forget the game dude you need therapy 

you're the one who started coming at me, genius.

But you know, since you clearly are having trouble finding it, I think i'll go ahead and use the block function for you. Later, douche.

In other news, I mentioned it in the bug thread but Ludwig Kaiser does indeed have a new penalty kick, however for whatever reason (im going to assume bug/oversight), it isn't selectable at all in CAM; if you change it on him you lose it forever (or until they patch it) and you cannot track it down for other movesets via the list.

Edited by CROSS-Out

1 hour ago, CM_EDGE said:

Oh. My. God. The game is f'n ruined. How do I only notice that now?

It is currently impossible that someone who holds a championship comes out with his title to his normal entrance if it's not auto selected in the CAE mode. A champion can currently only have a special champion entrance when trying to make changes for which there are only limited available. I believe this is thanks to the new create an entrance mode that this is happening and which messed this up. Wtf man. That means nobody can simply come out with the title around his waist anymore to a normal entrance other than the one that is pre selected. As example a Karrion Kross can not come out to his black and white entrance, he comes out to a generic championship entrance when he is champion.

What is this, PS2 era? Holy shit how did they mess this up? This honestly MASSIVELY reduces my hype around the game and continuing the Universe mode..

Most people have their normal entrance selected in the CAE mode, so they actually come out with it normally, but you can't change them to any other normal title entrance, like Sami heel to Sami face or Lashley 2 to Lashley 1, and some wrestler like Karrion Kross who I mentioned, doesn't even have his one selected by default, so there is no chance of giving it to him.

Also, this concerns every single CAW you guys makes. None of them will be able to choose a normal entrance for their title entrance. Only from the hand full of special title entrances.

wooooow, thats really is *censored*ed up. guess i'll be turning entrances off

Does anyone have some experience with the new pin balance settings? I changed to the old press to kickout now and I'm disappointed, it feels different than in 22. Once you're red and you get one single finisher t's impossible to kickout, you get the bar barely half full, while in 22 you could reach this at least one more time.

But maybe the new sliders can help?

Showcase still has a lot of presentation issues, the lack of commentary is very evident IMO. Besides that though, the gameplay feels great. Still need to play around with the AI stuff but no real issues with what I've played so far. Though I'm sure once I start downloading things, I'll start finding some bugs and other annoyances.

Ruthless aggression DLC is highway robbery. - Pretty happy with the choice I made to get the deluxe edition instead of the icon edition, and wait for that pack to drop in price. - No way am I paying $20 just for 4 characters, a single arena, and a championship belt that all belong in the game as regular unlockables. - I'll get that in like 3 months when all the DLC is 75% off. 

Game is fun though. Mostly played MyFaction and a few of the Cena showcase matches. Did one exhibition match as Cody vs Orton...extreme rules. Had a lot of fun with that one. - Definitely looking to do more exhibition stuff when I finish unlocking stuff.

Edited by Generations

3 hours ago, Golden Boy® said:

You and being negative

I thought i was the only one noticing this. It’s like he’s going out of his way just to find things within the game to bitch about lmao like damn are you even trying to give the game a chance? I critic too but jeez. had to put him on ignore 

Edited by Glen Coco

1 hour ago, glennsoe said:

I don’t even like Pat, but I was hoping he was in the game this year so I can run a program with him and Roman + Shane.

I wonder why he was cut from DLC. He should’ve atleast been added to the first pack so we wouldn’t have bfab taking up a spot as a NPC. Hopefully he gets patched in

Glen can also feel free to kiss my ass.

------

Words can't express how happy I am that they fixed the moonsault glitch at least, I was really worried it would be left as is. Hopefully No other bugs with facing away turnbuckle animations become apparent in future patches; it tends to happen in the patches themselves instead of initial release. I can finally use the double rotation without any misgivings though so big plus.

2 hours ago, CROSS-Out said:

All these hidden models sometimes makes me wonder if there's hidden moves that are completely unselectable in the game.

I didn't discover it but I saw on either the WWE 2K or WWEGames Discord that Ludwig Kaiser's Signature move Snapmare and Penalty Kick 3(or something like that) isn't selectable anywhere. I copied his sig to my CAW because I thought it looked cool, hopefully they patch it or something.

Just now, KEYU said:

I didn't discover it but I saw on either the WWE 2K or WWEGames Discord that Ludwig Kaiser's Signature move Snapmare and Penalty Kick 3(or something like that) isn't selectable anywhere. I copied his sig to my CAW because I thought it looked cool, hopefully they patch it or something.

Funny enough I was mentioning that earlier! Hopefully it gets patches, its a damn good kick that would make a lot of strike caws and Shibata caws more authentic.

Ok so caw mode (as I kinda thought it would) made me interested in the game and I got it. 

As one of the more vocal people about gameplay, I will say gameplay feels way better in this game. I’m guessing it’s the ai sliders but the characters play way more like themselves and maybe I need to change difficulty to really try but I can dominate a match again with someone like Brock against a lesser name.

The game still could use work but my assumption was off on the little improvement I thought it had.

Showcase, i'll never understand why they thought playing some generic rock music overtop the match was a good idea, it makes playing the matches so boring and makes them feel lifeless, no commentary doesn't help either.  Makes playing through the mode such a chore cause every match is silence with a repetitive rock beat playing.

And the cutscenes from the real matches felt like they dragged on an on in some of them, they show like 2 minutes of real footage and i'm sitting there wondering when i get to actually play again. I know you can skip but still its annoying.