Official WWE 2K23 Info/Discussion Thread

Jeb ★

Those look good but its like there's always a spotlight shining on the face or something to me when I look at them.

Some of the hairstyles still suffer from some pretty major phantom space syndrome, including one of the new ones (Nakamuras hairstyle I think). There's one old hairstyle that, like in 2K22, straight up has the hairline floating off the head.

Edited by CROSS-Out

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh hey look, the video creator is broken. Any time i try to place a video into the track it says "encoding failed" even if i don't edit it in any way.

Wow. 2K and a shit ton of bugs that i almost immediately run headlong into. Who would've friggin thought.

31 minutes ago, TofeirTheAkita said:

I didnt have any problem with it on mine, espeically once I set two cody cutter, the unlisted stand to springboard version and run to springboard version

Really? Because I've got it set as a finisher for a caw and half the time I use it he just.. sails right by them. It's almost comical.

The game is the best looking I have seen. They clearly took a lot from Fire Pro Wrestling with all the tendency sliders. I just wish there was a guide explaining all the sliders clearly. I will have to do trial and error to figure out what they do. After playing this for a few hours it is the best wrestling game I have ever played but that could change as it is only the first day with it. This game is Firepro wrestling with WWE2K graphics. The ultimate combination. AEW Fight Forever is going to have it's hands full competing with this game. Thank you 2K!

One negative. Micro-transactions but nobody makes you buy them I just hate having the temptation there. Last year I bought the $100 pack once and that was it. I will probably do it again one time this year.

So far, this feels like a big step in the right direction if you want a simulation game.

I went back to the rapid + hold kickout method, and I think it leads to more big AI kickouts. If you're an old school fan that never wants finishers kicked out of, I'd recommend the new timed method for AI vs AI matches. The AI doesn't seem to be able to kick out of a finisher with that method.

I went through and turned everyone's AI slider for instant recovery all the way down, and it's a night and day difference if you want realistic matches. I might do the same with ring escape.

I haven't tried it (because I don't mind combos) but there's a global slider for "AI combo usage" in gameplay options, so you shouldn't have to do that with combos if you want to get rid of them.

High fliers are WAY better when controlled by the AI. Top rope moves, springboard moves, and dives all happen organically. The issue from 2K22 with those moves whiffing seems to be fixed. I haven't messed with those AI sliders, but they're not spamming springboard Moonsaults like they did in 2K22 either.

The new positional feeding gives a pretty realistic flow. In addition to setting up dives and such well, it does a lot to get matches out of that grapple-pick up-grapple-repeat loop we used to get from this series.

The big negative for me is that there seems to be FAR fewer moves added this year. I think we might have gotten less offensive moves and more "point A to point B" moves, which is why the flow feels better?

Still room for improvement for sure (still nothing resembling tired moves, for one), but overall I'm loving the gameplay.