Official WWE 2K23 Info/Discussion Thread

Jeb ★

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just saw an iron man match where the ref got bumped and then did a slow, dramatic, "I'm selling the fact that I just recovered from getting bumped" count on a pin. They've put in a ton of small details like that. I almost want to stop watching game footage. 

53 minutes ago, SaturnT3 said:

I just saw an iron man match where the ref got bumped and then did a slow, dramatic, "I'm selling the fact that I just recovered from getting bumped" count on a pin. They've put in a ton of small details like that. I almost want to stop watching game footage. 

Which One, Link? 

58 minutes ago, SaturnT3 said:

Can I get a link to this match? because that actually sounds like the kind of small but noteworthy thing that I would love to see; especially since its a very sim-centered idea.

5 minutes ago, Malonik said:

Which One, Link? 

The whole spot surrounding it was pretty cool, actually. I don't love that the ref ran into position, but I think that's part of how they're rewritten the code for the refs this year.

Edited by SaturnT3

2 minutes ago, SaturnT3 said:

The whole spot surrounding it was pretty cool, actually. I don't love that the ref ran into position, but I think that's part of how they're rewritten the code for the refs this year.

I've heard from Nitro's Interview that they re-wrote the coding for the referee's and he said he'd love and suggested that maybe they could add Different Ref Logic to change the cadence of the 3 count. (AKA Hebner vs Little Naitch) 

1 minute ago, Malonik said:

I've heard from Nitro's Interview that they re-wrote the coding for the referee's and he said he'd love and suggested that maybe they could add Different Ref Logic to change the cadence of the 3 count. (AKA Hebner vs Little Naitch) 

Yeah, what I meant is that he said the ways they move around the ring were part of the rewrite. I'd love to see a crawl into a count like we have crawling pins.

1 minute ago, SaturnT3 said:

Yeah, what I meant is that he said the ways they move around the ring were part of the rewrite. I'd love to see a crawl into a count like we have crawling pins.

What did you think about how big those kick out bars were? (After a Finisher or for Roll Ups)

I do hope the referee counted super slow on those counts because of the slow down and that's just not the regular speed. The ref counts too slow in the last few games as it is.

4 minutes ago, Malonik said:

What did you think about how big those kick out bars were? (After a Finisher or for Roll Ups)

I don't like the kickout bar at all, honestly. I think kickouts should be based on remaining health. I'll give it a shot to see if getting leverage pin reversals back is worth it, but I expect to go back to the 2K22 system. I just wish we could make the circle indicator go away. I don't want to see how close I am to kicking out.

They wound up just spamming pins late and getting a bunch of wins back to back, but those guys don't really have a "sim" style of play either. So it seems like the bar is at least fairly relative to health/the situation.

4 minutes ago, CROSS-Out said:

I do hope the referee counted super slow on those counts because of the slow down and that's just not the regular speed. The ref counts too slow in the last few games as it is.

If you look at earlier and later pins (it's an iron man match) he counts faster. It's definitely the bump.

55 minutes ago, SaturnT3 said:

If you look at earlier and later pins (it's an iron man match) he counts faster. It's definitely the bump.

Excellent. and yeah i just checked the section you posted the timestamp of; was raiding in FFXIV at the time.

3 hours ago, SaturnT3 said:

Holy shit thats awesome! Its the little things like that that get me most excited. Only thing would've made it better is him crawling over to make the count, but we'll get there at some point, this is a huge step in the right direction.

Edited by J-man89

8 hours ago, Malonik said:

maybe they could add Different Ref Logic to change the cadence of the 3 count. (AKA Hebner vs Little Naitch) 

Another example of how Raw 2 on the original Xbox was ahead of it’s time for a WWE game.

(I say WWE game because this has always been a feature in the Fire Pro Wrestling series)

The ref seems to stay down a little longer too. Makes me wonder what it'll be like with that slider cranked all the way up. The gameplay sliders are the big question mark for me. Between being able to essentially eliminate instant recovery with the AI sliders and then turning up stamina cost and turning down stamina recovery, I'm really curious to see what you can get out of 2K23 as far as stamina and selling.

Welp, my angst over buying the game or not is no longer a factor. A friend of mine has purchased the game game for me.. well, technically purchased a psn money card and gave me the code with the purpose of getting the game but I digress.

On the plus side, this means I'm sure to be the one to find every single bug, glitch, or oversight there is in the game; because I somehow attract them like flies with honey.

2 hours ago, Glen Coco said:

I just hope the movesets aren’t shit this year. I was trying to edit everyone but got annoyed and stopped once I got to the Cs 🤣

From the gameplay I saw. The Movesets are still as terrible as they were in 2K22.