Official WWE 2K23 Info/Discussion Thread

Jeb ★

4 hours ago, BeastSmG said:

This vid has alot of info about 2K23 and the 2K series as a whole. This is an interview of a youtuber who was at the event and his thoughts on everything. His name is Nitro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vwWbH1x5C8

Things to note:

Tag Team finishers not being selected in Universe mode are fixed in 2K23.

Refs have been reworked and Nitro hints at 2K24 might having Ref AI Logic and special guest refs coming back.

Nitro personally told Jinks that locking attires behind Myfaction is a dumb thing to do. Jinks responded with a bs "two different teams" answer and that they would have to add commentary lines, entrances, and other stuff. Nitro had to brush the answer off.

There are no drafts in Universe mode, but Wargames is in albeit only in the three arenas. (SS, NXT, MyRise Unlockable)

Nitro throughout the vid keeps emphasizing that most of the things he seen were on a older build AND the day 1 patch can still completely break everything or add new stuff

Nitro says that with the Ai logic for superstars, you can do ALOT of stuff. With the combos, you can have it to where TOWARDS combos are your late match moves by setting it to 10 or 15. You can also make true jobbers by lowering all the defensive stuff (Blocks, Dodges, and Reversals). (edited)

Fatigue has been reworked. It seems more realistic where you can't just run around for 5 mins, get tired, and do it all over again. Damage is also tied to fatigue. You get beat up so much. You will notice a change.

Double Titles are not in Universe mode because 2K never thought about adding that back. Nitro theorized they could be still added in a future patch.

Liv Morgan's Oblivion can be used as a sig/finisher.

Having listened to this, I'm a lot more excited for where the series is headed. I'm noticing little details too. Looking at the refs, even their posture looks more natural. On the kickouts, they actually pop the pinning wrestler off them now. I'm very interested to see what selling and fatigue look like when instant recovery is taken out of the equation. There are a lot of apparent upgrades, but the way Nitro is talking it sounds like there are even more brewing under the surface.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Nitro thinks it was too late in the dev cycle to cut Mandy and Mandy is in the game, just hidden as an unlockable in MyRise.

I mean i'm thinking thats probably the case, her gear is in the game, her entrance is in the game, and the commentary in that Jacey vs Gigi AI v AI match Nitro uploaded they do mention Gig is 1 of 3 members of Toxic Attraction. 

Just wanted to say real quickly to anyone who cares since this is the page i've been posting in most; sorry i've been so aggressive lately. I've been dealing with a lot of... personal demons lately and i didn't realize until yesterday just how much it had seeped into how I act around others. If i've upset you I apologize (I will point out that my core opinions regarding the game haven't changed, but i've absolutely been a bit of a dick lately in how I express them. i am sorry for that).

Unrelated, I'm wondering if anyone has seen gameplay where the player climbed up facing away before hitting a moonsault type move? I badly want to know if the moonsault outside bug that has plagued me for 2 patch cycles in 2K22 is still an issue or if they fixed that and just didn't backload that fix to 2K22.

6 minutes ago, CROSS-Out said:

Just wanted to say real quickly to anyone who cares since this is the page i've been posting in most; sorry i've been so aggressive lately. I've been dealing with a lot of... personal demons lately and i didn't realize until yesterday just how much it had seeped into how I act around others. If i've upset you I apologize (I will point out that my core opinions regarding the game haven't changed, but i've absolutely been a bit of a dick lately in how I express them. i am sorry for that).

Unrelated, I'm wondering if anyone has seen gameplay where the player climbed up facing away before hitting a moonsault type move? I badly want to know if the moonsault outside bug that has plagued me for 2 patch cycles in 2K22 is still an issue or if they fixed that and just didn't backload that fix to 2K22.

Have you had issues with wrestlers doing moonsaults to the floor when the opponent is in the ring? I've wanted rear facing top rope moves (moonsaults, phoenix splashes, etc) to be their own move category for a while (so AI wrestlers will climb the ropes on the inside rather than climbing the outside and then turning around), but I've never seen anyone go to the floor when they should go into the ring. I've seen whiffs in 2K22, but that seems to be fixed in 2K23. 

And don't sweat your aggressive posts too much. We're a passionate community. Sometimes it gets away from you.

2 minutes ago, SaturnT3 said:

Have you had issues with wrestlers doing moonsaults to the floor when the opponent is in the ring? I've wanted rear facing top rope moves (moonsaults, phoenix splashes, etc) to be their own move category for a while (so AI wrestlers will climb the ropes on the inside rather than climbing the outside and then turning around), but I've never seen anyone go to the floor when they should go into the ring. I've seen whiffs in 2K22, but that seems to be fixed in 2K23. 

And don't sweat your aggressive posts too much. We're a passionate community. Sometimes it gets away from you.

Yes that's the exact issue. Something went wrong two patches ago when the (i believe) diving detection was adjusted which causes Moonsaults and moonsault-esque moves to spin 180 degrees and dive out of the ring if you attempt to use them while already facing away. I want to hope that they've been fixed but its hard to tell because it only happened if you were already facing away when using them, and non-sim fans (AKA pretty much every single youtuber who gets invited to those things) couldn't possibly care less to do so that way instead of just climbing the normal way then using it.

Which as someone who is a huge fan of moonsault-esque moves, is very frustrating. We just got rid of the bug that was in prior games where doing a moonsault finisher while facing away would have the character weirdly float off the turnbuckle for a sec, and then this gets introduced in its stead.

I also agree that I feel facing forward and facing away should be entirely different positions you can select independently instead of sharing a move pool. It would probably help avoid bugs like this and it would give us options for both on one character.

4 minutes ago, CROSS-Out said:

Yes that's the exact issue. Something went wrong two patches ago when the (i believe) diving detection was adjusted which causes Moonsaults and moonsault-esque moves to spin 180 degrees and dive out of the ring if you attempt to use them while already facing away. I want to hope that they've been fixed but its hard to tell because it only happened if you were already facing away when using them, and non-sim fans (AKA pretty much every single youtuber who gets invited to those things) couldn't possibly care less to do so that way instead of just climbing the normal way then using it.

Which as someone who is a huge fan of moonsault-esque moves, is very frustrating. We just got rid of the bug that was in prior games where doing a moonsault finisher while facing away would have the character weirdly float off the turnbuckle for a sec, and then this gets introduced in its stead.

I also agree that I feel facing forward and facing away should be entirely different positions you can select independently instead of sharing a move pool. It would probably help avoid bugs like this and it would give us options for both on one character.

On top of being more realistic, it would also expand movesets. A lot of high fliers do multiple top rope moves, and this could double the number of options, in a way. If nothing else, this would be a good area for an AI slider. If Chad Gable is climbing to the top rope, he almost always should be climbing on the inside and going for a moonsault.

1 hour ago, CROSS-Out said:

No problem Chief ! Health before anything...

1 hour ago, glchitman said:

Is there any update on if Hulk Hogan 80s is playable in exhibition mode? Have not had confirmation on this and it would upset a lot of people if he’s restricted to a game mode rather than be in exhibition.  Especially since they put him in the gameplay trailer.

That we even have to wonder about whether or not the most iconic version of one of wrestling's biggest stars -- a model that already exists and that we've already seen -- will be playable in every mode says a lot about what this series has become.

Edited by RyanCE

I’m always optimistic on these games and the improvements sounds like they’re trying but I’ll still wait a little longer to not feel ripped off with the price.

The way they made the combo system a primary part of this game makes you forget they have existed before and used to look better (imo). If you’re going to make that primary at least make it look like a smooth transition where something like the canned aj styles striking combo animation can somewhat compare. Blocking and dodging are rarely done but if you’re going to keep them, make them look like stuff you’d see in wrestling. Beating a dead horse here but just saying these thoughts since they could influence something for the next game.

Another interesting tidbit from that Nitro interview is that they had limited VC when they recorded, so nobody was able to unlock everyone. That could be why we haven't seen Bruno, and has me wondering if there might be more new moves as well. 

Edited by SaturnT3
Hit send early

19 hours ago, A N T I - said:

I mean I see where Lynell is coming from. People treat/see character models as this easy thing to implement. First off, sculpting all those models under a deadline is no walk in the park. Second of all, they have to mocap a few moves per superstar, an entrance and victory motion, get commentary for the superstar, ring announcer lines for the superstar, crowd signs, you name it. It’s a whole situation just to get one person in the game proper, now multiply that by like 200. If MyFaction keeps making money, it means the team will grow and we will eventually get those models in the game proper. But for now, it’s just not possible if they’re gonna keep working on yearly releases to also work on MyFaction support all year as a full team.

Nah, it’s a cop out. If they want to get them in other modes of the game, they can. But they don’t want to. 

4 hours ago, glchitman said:

Is there any update on if Hulk Hogan 80s is playable in exhibition mode? Have not had confirmation on this and it would upset a lot of people if he’s restricted to a game mode rather than be in exhibition.  Especially since they put him in the gameplay trailer.

im thinking he is unlockable in the Cena showcase as one of the bonus matches (most likely a 'Dream Match'). same with Bruno. in the video Smacktalks put out showing the roster, neither of them were there but Bruno IS announced to be in the game so him and Hulk have to be unlocked somewhere.

Amazon says my copy will come on Tuesday. Of course...smh

I would have just got digital deluxe so I could play at midnight...but I had some Amazon credit to ease the pain of buying the game in the first place. Oh well...couple extra days, I guess.

Edited by Generations